A2isha

Affidavit of support HELP

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello VJ comrades, I really need help with filling out this affidavit of support asap. I have a co sponsor but for me I filed my taxes with my ex husband for last 3 years and was not working. So do I have to attach those tax returns? Also for my "annual income" I'm not sure what to put since I just started working this year and had quite a few different jobs and now I have 2 jobs. My Co-sponsor  is supposed to be mailing me his paperwork but told me he is ONLY including his tax returns along with the paperwork! Will that be enough? My fiancee's interview is in  just 1 month!  Thank you! x

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Documenting your current income is most important. They only looked at my last year's tax return even though i provided 3 years worth.  Just submit your recent and current paystubs and employment letters to back them up.  Also to play it on the safe side, get a co-sponsor.  honestly this is temporary affidavit of support to get visa, once you file for green card you have to fill out another one that is more permanent.  How much you make a year both jobs combined?

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Timeline

Thanks! So do you think I have to get those tax returns filed with my ex even though I didn't  work? And how should I calculate my annual income because I make different amount of money every week really, should I just multiply the average what I make times 12?

Edited by A2isha

Timeline
1 hour ago, A2isha said:

Thanks! So do you think I have to get those tax returns filed with my ex even though I didn't  work? And how should I calculate my annual income because I make different amount of money every week really, should I just multiply the average what I make times 12?

if your name is on those tax returns, yes, send them, print out Tax Return Transcripts from IRS website. you should be able to register using your social security number. if you really want you can submit your bank statement for last 6 month so they can see you are depositing, you can attempt to give an estimate of how much you make a year but im not sure, if you use a co-sponsor, you dont have to worry about your income as it's not the main one. The whole point of a cosponsor is to support your fiance. so you will fill out two I-134, one for you and 1 for your co-sponsor. you can show your little income that you have and your cosponsor will take the lead. make sure you submit required paperwork for both forms.

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Timeline

Well apparently  my co sponsor thinks that giving me his 3 most recent tax returns is enough evidence and did not give me anything else. So we won't have anything about his recent income, just his 2017 tax return would be the most recent. I asked him for more but he told me that is enough. I don't feel good about that being enough :(

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
10 minutes ago, A2isha said:

Well apparently  my co sponsor thinks that giving me his 3 most recent tax returns is enough evidence and did not give me anything else. So we won't have anything about his recent income, just his 2017 tax return would be the most recent. I asked him for more but he told me that is enough. I don't feel good about that being enough :(

If your Joint Sponsor will not cooperate, then it may be best to get a new Joint Sponsor who will cooperate. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, A2isha said:

You should understand you were extremely lucky to have someone to agree be a co-sponsor.  While I-134 is not legally enforcable, the I-864 is which will be needed for AOS/Green card and that obligation is potentially for life, as even bankruptcy or divorce doesn't remove it. After best case scenario is can removed when your partners becomes US Citizen or works for 10 years. Or dies, or leaves US permanently. It is pretty huge commitment to ask of someone. 

Timeline

yeaaaaaaaaah i suggest you find a new co-spondor, because when you file for AOS in the future, they ask for co-sponsor's passport bio page, birth certificate, paystubs and maybe employment letter(optional) These are REQUIRED documents that are crucial for AOS applications.

Also want to note, if you don't make the yearly income, You may add the cash value of your assets. This includes money in savings accounts, stocks, bonds, and property. (If you lucky they may not even look at this piece of paper during your visa stage) but it's good to have it just incase!! every embassy works differently. either way, you NEED all these documents to file for AOS after they arrive to the US.

send your co-sponsor this link where it list all the documents needed to file I-134 https://www.uscis.gov/i-134

Did you submit the following? 

• A signed statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution that states when you opened an account, the total amount deposited for the past year, and the present balance of such account
  • A signed statement from your employer on business letterhead that states the date and nature of your employment, salary paid, and whether the position is temporary or permanent
  • A copy of your last income federal tax return filed, or a report of commercial rating concern (if self-employed)
  • A list containing the serial numbers and denominations of bonds and names of the owners (if applicable)
Edited by Lebanese23

Timeline

Thank you guys but does anyone know if the AOS has to be original or can it just be a copy because it's going to cost $100 to mail it to India.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.