VJmember2020

First time applier for k1 visa

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone 

so me and my gf are planning to complete the k1 visa soon 

is there a thread or some links (besides youtube) which will be helpful in the process ? 

there are 10000000000s of threads on here and im not tech saavy, so please be nice :)

thanks again

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, toothfixer said:

Hi everyone 

is there a thread or some links (besides youtube) which will be helpful in the process ? 

there are 10000000000s of threads on here and im not tech saavy, so please be nice :)

thanks again

Top of every page.  Click on the guides tab for starters 

YMMV

Just now, toothfixer said:

Hi everyone 

thanks again

I recommend the USCIS check-list, downloadable with their forms.  We used it, and were approved with no RFEs or delays.   I know there is a lot to read through here on VJ, but I highly recommend that you read as much as possible and educate yourself on the process.  It can help you avoid pitfalls which add unnecessary delays.   You also should fill out your profile, which will help VJ members to give you more specific advice for your country/consulate.

Immigration is complicated, expensive, and takes lots of time and patience.  

4 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I recommend the USCIS check-list, downloadable with their forms.  We used it, and were approved with no RFEs or delays.   I know there is a lot to read through here on VJ, but I highly recommend that you read as much as possible and educate yourself on the process.  It can help you avoid pitfalls which add unnecessary delays.   You also should fill out your profile, which will help VJ members to give you more specific advice for your country/consulate.

Immigration is complicated, expensive, and takes lots of time and patience.  

thank you so so much for the response. i will do so right now :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 minutes ago, toothfixer said:

WOW im so bad with technology. ty so much

It's not about technology, it's about reading the top menu on this very site.

The guides are great, but also check the example forms, in case you get stuck filling out the necessary forms. Helps a lot.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

1 minute ago, Scandi said:

It's not about technology, it's about reading the top menu on this very site.

The guides are great, but also check the example forms, in case you get stuck filling out the necessary forms. Helps a lot.

ty very much 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Though keep in mind that the VJ guides are not completely up to date. For example

• the guide to paying fees has out of date info on credit cards; you can now pay via credit card for any form submitted to a USCIS lockbox, which includes the I-129F (and have been able to since 2017)
  • signed and scanned letters of intent to marry are definitely acceptable to USCIS

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I recommend you do it on a computer with a big screen so you can read and see the forms better. If you are tech challenged, a tiny screen will compound your challenge.

The American: Get a printer/copier so you can get you can easily work from home, and please make photocopies of every single thing before you put it in the mail.  Immigrations lasts years....petition, visa, greencard, removing conditions, citizenship. You'll get plenty of use out of it.

Always get you forms from USCIS.gov, the official government site. The menu to choose is called Forms.

Each form has a separate set of instructions. READ them over and over if needed. Print them and mark important stuff. They are the official information, not what somebody on a forum says. Some people give quick answers and don't always get it righ or leave out details. 

This is by far far the best source for immigration help I have ever found. Dig in and get comfortable. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Save your money. Here are basic fees to expect

K1 fiancé basic fees

$535 Fiancé Petition (USCIS)

£45 police certificate (ACRO)

£330 medical (Knightsbridge London) pay at the appointment

$265 visa fee (Dept of State/Embassy) pay online 

$30 or $0 (Courier) home delivery or pick up at depot

-Enter USA and marry-

$1225 AOS/EAD/AP (USCIS)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.