MissMyHusband

Canadian October + November 2018 Case Complete To Interview For Spousal Visa Filers Thread

105 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
27 minutes ago, BChance said:

Aw, hope yours get resolved quickly. I was approved Monday. Yesterday my CEAC changed from Issued to Issue For Final Processing and this morning I received a tracking number. But the tracking isn’t activated yet. I paid for home deliver. Maybe tomorrow?

Thanks for the update. I hope this is just a short delay. Monday is a holiday so offices will be closed. Every extra day is excruciating-especially because of no good reason- best to you and your husband!!

Timeline
39 minutes ago, MissMyHusband said:

Thanks for the update. I hope this is just a short delay. Monday is a holiday so offices will be closed. Every extra day is excruciating-especially because of no good reason- best to you and your husband!!

My tracking number was just activated and delivery is set for tomorrow Thursday. YAY!!!

Timeline

I got my tracking number this morning (interview was yesterday). I am in BC (Vancouver Island) and paid for home delivery. We will see how long it takes to get across the country!

Timeline

We just received an email for our tracking. We asked to pick up at post. Went to post office and they said it will be there in the morning. Now we are able to pay our immigrant visa fee $220.00. I am pretty sure a visa will be in that envelope! OMG 

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm a little late to post, hopefully everyone has been hearing back with their interview dates now. My case was completed Sept 25 and interview date was Jan 15 (yesterday), so I'm assuming October CC's will be given their dates soon. Best of luck everyone.

Also, 24 hours after my interview my passport was processed and mailed out (as an expedited parcel) so seems like the process is fast!

Edited by ashpar88

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 hours ago, MissMyHusband said:

Thank you for asking. We are in limbo. We did get our "welcome to the US" paper, but they said our visa has to go to Administrative Process for further review. So we didn't get denied, but we also didn't hear the words "you are approved". The lady at the US Consulate said she didn't foresee any issues and we should get our visa in 2-3 weeks. We called our lawyer, he said not to worry. Why did this happen? Well we think b/c in 2017, right after we got engaged, my husband was coming to visit me in the US. Because he was so excited, when asked at the border "why are you coming to US"? He said " to visit my fiance"instead of the usual "my girlfriend" answer. He was taken to secondary, told we had to have a K1 and that he had more ties to the US than Canada b/c he could work remotely and sold his house. He explained that he was not ready to move to the US as he had a job in Canada and he had employees that reported to him. We weren't even planning on getting married until Nov 2018. The plan was never to do the K1 process. Then they took his Nexus card, which he was denied when he applied to get it back. So while in secondary, he withdrew his application to come to the US that day, then they gave him a list of documents to show solvency to Canada. He tried again the next day and they let him in (after going to secondary, etc again). So we decided to get married after he returned to Canada. We got married in Canada January 2018 , applied right away for spouse visa and I have had to go to Canada to visit him each month, b/c he was again told that he couldn't come visit me after we got married when he tried to visit in March of that year.  He has visited the US for both work and vacation for many, many years, and has no criminal record. He never stayed in the US for more than 1 month. We both are very good financially so that is not the issue either. We think that just because he said the word "fiance"- we do not know what that first CBP officer (who was not very nice) put in his file, and we will never know , but it has caused us to have this issue- it is mind boggling. I am watching on VJ to see when others get their visa returned to see when we may hear some news. :(   Does anyone know if there is a status update on ceac.state.gov website when you get your visa? We are searching for any clues. We are on pins and needles. It is hard to not worry. 

_______

Sorry to hear about this! I also had trouble too when I tried to cross after I had gotten married. They let me in twice after we had gotten married with no issues and then on the third time, they brought me in for questioning. I had fought with the officer, because after 5 years of being long distance, why would I lie now? Anyways, they issued me a temporary Visa that had the date I needed to return back to Canada with and I would then turn that in at the Canadian border, did that twice and then no issues crossing after that. I am not sure why they did not give your husband that option. Crazy how different the experiences are for almost similar stories. Anyways, hope everything works out for you and you get your passport sooner than later. I had my interview yesterday and my passport is expected for delivery tomorrow! Seems like it goes faster than they say (I was told two weeks)!

Timeline
31 minutes ago, ashpar88 said:

Sorry to hear about this! I also had trouble too when I tried to cross after I had gotten married. They let me in twice after we had gotten married with no issues and then on the third time, they brought me in for questioning. I had fought with the officer, because after 5 years of being long distance, why would I lie now? Anyways, they issued me a temporary Visa that had the date I needed to return back to Canada with and I would then turn that in at the Canadian border, did that twice and then no issues crossing after that. I am not sure why they did not give your husband that option. Crazy how different the experiences are for almost similar stories. Anyways, hope everything works out for you and you get your passport sooner than later. I had my interview yesterday and my passport is expected for delivery tomorrow! Seems like it goes faster than they say (I was told two weeks)!

31 minutes ago, ashpar88 said:

Timeline

Thank you. It is crazy. Unfortunately it is up to the person at the CPB. However, I think we have our passport coming tomorrow. We got  a message that a package was coming from Consulate courier and then we were able to pay visa fee. So my husband is going to the post office as soon as it gets here and then we are booking him a flight to the US. Best to everyone and thanks!

Timeline

Interview completed Monday, January 14. My husband (who opted for home delivery) got a tracking notice via email yesterday (Wednesday) that his Visa/Passport would arrive Friday, January 18.  He just checked again, and now it says Monday, January 21.  I guess you just never know.  😊 

July 2016 - Started Dating

December 17, 2017 - Engaged

January 13, 2018 - Married Canadian Spouse (L)

January 18, 208 - Received Marriage Certificate

January 27, 2018 - Mailed I130

January 31, 2018 - USPS Confirms Delivery of I130 (NOA1)

February 6, 2018 - Text and Email Confirmation - Routed to Texas Service Center

February 10, 2018 - NOA1 Received in the Mail

August 3, 2018 - Petition Approved (NOA2)

August 8, 2018 - NOA2 Received in the Mail

August 14, 2018 - Case sent to Dept. of State (per my USC account at https://my.uscis.gov)

August 22, 2018 - Case received by NVC (per my 9-10 Phone call)

September 13, 2018 - Email from NVC: Notice of Immigrant Visa Case Creation

September 17, 2018 - Paid fees at https://ceac.state.gov/IV

September 23, 2018 - Filed DS261

October 7, 2018 - Submitted Civil Documents

October 17, 2018 - Case Completed at NVC  (per emails and NVC account)

December 17, 2018 - Email Notification that Interview Date is set

January 14, 2019 - Interview Complete

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Invisigoth said:

Interview completed Monday, January 14. My husband (who opted for home delivery) got a tracking notice via email yesterday (Wednesday) that his Visa/Passport would arrive Friday, January 18.  He just checked again, and now it says Monday, January 21.  I guess you just never know.  😊 

Oh no! What Provence does he live in?

Timeline

Passport in hand at 12 Noon in Montreal, home delivery. Booked my flight back to Mexico tonight. Will pack up our home etc and be on the road to the US early February!!! Yay, the process is finally over, well mostly. Thanks for everyone’s help along the way, it’s been quite the journey. Good luck to everyone and god bless you all. Brenda

Timeline
Just now, BChance said:

Passport in hand at 12 Noon in Montreal, home delivery. Booked my flight back to Mexico tonight. Will pack up our home etc and be on the road to the US early February!!! Yay, the process is finally over, well mostly. Thanks for everyone’s help along the way, it’s been quite the journey. Good luck to everyone and god bless you all. Brenda

We got our passport at 11:30am today. My husband is headed to the airport now! Yay! So stressful. Thanks everyone and good luck with anyone still in process and best to you starting your new life!! 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, MissMyHusband said:

We got our passport at 11:30am today. My husband is headed to the airport now! Yay! So stressful. Thanks everyone and good luck with anyone still in process and best to you starting your new life!! 

One more question to everyone. His permanent residence visa is only good for 1 year. is that what everyone else has? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.