Chris Duffy

Trump - Best President since Reagan

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Really, in a thread titled "Trump - Best President since Reagan", perhaps it's a good time to start the discussion on both sides of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

I agree, Reagan was a far better statesman than Trump, but of course most folks may not remember Reagan.  However, I will take Trump over Obama and W. Bush, Clinton and Trump are fairly equal, but H.W. Bush was better than both of them except for his no taxes pledge.

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, bcking said:

Are you actually? Good luck. Not a field I could stomach getting into.

Yes, sir..... That is why I am looking what actually happens with the NC Congressional Districts on wither on not they have to be redrawn, if so when, and will there be new elections afterward.

4 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I agree, Reagan was a far better statesman than Trump, but of course most folks may not remember Reagan.

To the same extent, I doubt a lot of people will remember Trump 20 years down the road. If they do, it likely won't be favorably. Lack of statesmanship will no doubt have an influence on what is remembered.

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I personally think the best president since Reagan was very recently buried.

To most people I know, Trump is a joke.

Drain the swamp? Washington looks like more of a swamp now than it has since the Triassic period.

I'm no Clinton fan either, most of the world struggles to understand how you can have a nation with a population over 300,000,000 and those were the best two candidates. They should have just put Dumb and Dumber on the ballot sheets.

Every time I turn on the news and hear the words President Trump my first thought is "What's he done this time?" !

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

9 minutes ago, MacUK said:

Drain the swamp? Washington looks like more of a swamp now than it has since the Triassic period.

I'm no Clinton fan either, most of the world struggles to understand how you can have a nation with a population over 300,000,000 and those were the best two candidates. They should have just put Dumb and Dumber on the ballot sheets.

Every time I turn on the news and hear the words President Trump my first thought is "What's he done this time?" !

The "Drain the swamp" slogan was never intended to be an actual campaign promise. He famously described how he started using it to a crowd of supporters. He didn't like it, thought it was pointless, but people cheered and loved it so he figured "why not" and started using it. He basically admitted to a crowd that he had no interest in keeping the promise, and their response was to just cheer some more.

20 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Yes, sir..... That is why I am looking what actually happens with the NC Congressional Districts on wither on not they have to be redrawn, if so when, and will there be new elections afterward.

You may have missed it on the prior page so honest question -

Do you not agree that terms like "TDS" are no better than whatever they are in response to? That the solution to someone using childish insulting nicknames isn't to use childish insulting nicknames back? 

I sincerely hope if you intend to run for office you do so in a way that is professional and respectful of everyone's opinion. If people don't want to be respectful to you the best response is no response, or just highlight their disrespect. Don't condone it by throwing an insult back at them.

31 minutes ago, MacUK said:

To be honest Hillary wasn't ideal but anyone could see that Mango was far more crooked and unqualified to be President than her. Most Americans did but Mango won the lottery because of the Electoral College. He won by 80,000 in Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania combined out of 125,000,000 votes cast. That's only a 0.06% margin of victory.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Let me know when your file, I am looking for work as a ballot collector.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline
40 minutes ago, MacUK said:

Dumb and Dumber, I like that. Lets hope we do not have a  "Dumb and Dumber To" sequel.

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline
2 hours ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

You have that wrong the KSA purchased Hillary not Trump. They donated heavily to the Clinton Foundation before the election. 

with that much money, why not buy two?

2 hours ago, bcking said:

Do you not agree that terms like "TDS" are no better than whatever they are in response to? That the solution to someone using childish insulting nicknames isn't to use childish insulting nicknames back? 

I sincerely hope if you intend to run for office you do so in a way that is professional and respectful of everyone's opinion. If people don't want to be respectful to you the best response is no response, or just highlight their disrespect. Don't condone it by throwing an insult back at them.

TDs really bothers you doesn't.  I am sorry for living in your head rent free. You devote way too much thought to the class clown. 

45 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

TDs really bothers you doesn't.  I am sorry for living in your head rent free. You devote way too much thought to the class clown. 

It doesn't apply to me so I take no personal offense

That doesn't mean it isn't childish and insulting to a demographic and should be reported if directed at individual posters.

While we are on this topic, and for full disclosure, you are one of the biggest problems on this forum. Did you miss our whole "pump and dump" discussion? That most certainly applies to you. I'll just leave it at that.

Edited by bcking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, bcking said:

I always do my best to give people the respect they deserve even when responding to a post that could be construed as childish such as always referring to the current or former presidents professionally.  It doesn't seem to make any difference.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

33 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I always do my best to give people the respect they deserve even when responding to a post that could be construed as childish such as always referring to the current or former presidents professionally.  It doesn't seem to make any difference.

Even if it doesn't make a difference, it is still what we should aspire to do. 

I think I also said earlier I draw a distinction between insulting the President (or former President) and insulting a group of people that may be partially represented here.

Also certainly insulting a person here directly (or indirectly) is a step above, which is why I used the "TDS" acronym as the perfect. That is used to directly reference people here, and it is intended to be an insult. I've seen it very frequently since I came back and it's not cool in my opinion.

We can insult public figured all we want. We cross a line when we start calling each other names, or baiting each etc...it's a frequent problem in this forum.

Timeline
6 hours ago, bcking said:

Do you think it's really just foundation? I can never tell. Make-up, spray tan or a repetitively getting really bad tanning jobs?

As much as people joke I actually worry a little that it is actually covering up a medical illness (Vitiligo, perhaps) in which case I feel bad about it. That's why I try to not use the nicknames. I just can't imagine that he would continue to choose to appear that way. 

I read an article that it was a very amateur spray tan by a spray tan expert. I don't know much about it but you can clearly see the eye sockets are white, you are not born that color.  It seems odd because I have been on TV and they spend a lot of time with makeup, why would a pro do that ?

main-qimg-903b2f826af232942547416b0ce76067.webp

If he is covering up a skin disorder, you would be right.  Attacking someone for something they cannot control is not fair game.  
Another wild theory I  read was that he had hereditary or fast food induced hemochromatosis...so what is it Dr. House?

image.jpeg.4e5a08691f2710a88a376d30a23ca3ea.jpeg

Edited by refugee