Kaysian

Application for addmission withdrawal

27 posts in this topic

On 12/11/2018 at 12:37 AM, Kaysian said:

same here, i will try again with required documents and hope CBP officer work in my favor 

You should apply for a visa. Do not take this trivially. You need to prepare a solid visitor visa application so you do not get a visa denial. If you apply for another ESTA and it’s denied, you will be permanently ineligible to use the VWP Option. Even if it is approved and you travel to the USA, you could be refused entry again. You definitely do not want that.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1074/~/esta-application-denied

What should I do if I am not approved for travel through ESTA?

If a traveler is denied ESTA authorization and his or her circumstances have not changed, a new application will also be denied. A traveler who is not eligible for ESTA is not eligible for travel under the Visa Waiver Program and should apply for a nonimmigrant visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.

Citizen of the World!

7 minutes ago, PaulTheSheik said:

You should apply for a visa. Do not take this trivially. You need to prepare a solid visitor visa application so you do not get a visa denial.

How does one prepare a solid tourist visa application? There's nothing to do but fill out the DS-160.

One can have documents with them to show intention to return home or evidence of being able to to pay for the trip, but these are very rarely looked at (and what document ensures one would return home?).

7 minutes ago, PaulTheSheik said:

If you apply for another ESTA and it’s denied, you will be permanently ineligible to use the VWP Option.

Incorrect. A denied ESTA will very likely result in a new ESTA application being denied unless there is a change in circumstances (ESTAs aren't denied for no reason), but does not make somebody permanently ineligible for the VWP.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

20 minutes ago, geowrian said:

How does one prepare a solid tourist visa application? There's nothing to do but fill out the DS-160.

One can have documents with them to show intention to return home or evidence of being able to to pay for the trip, but these are very rarely looked at (and what document ensures one would return home?).

Incorrect. A denied ESTA will very likely result in a new ESTA application being denied unless there is a change in circumstances (ESTAs aren't denied for no reason), but does not make somebody permanently ineligible for the VWP.

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. You’re criticizing for criticizing sake. How does one prepare a solid visitor visa application? That displays a fundamental lack of knowledge of visitor visa adjudication. There are weak applications and strong applications. Not worth debating.

Also what was your point about the denial of ESTA? You simply echoed what I wrote. Cut out the semantics.

Citizen of the World!

19 minutes ago, PaulTheSheik said:

I don’t think you know what you’re talking about. You’re criticizing for criticizing sake. How does one prepare a solid visitor visa application? That displays a fundamental lack of knowledge of visitor visa adjudication. There are weak applications and strong applications. Not worth debating.

Also what was your point about the denial of ESTA? You simply echoed what I wrote. Cut out the semantics.

Okay, then I suggest informing the OP how to prepare a strong tourist visa application. I'm sure I'll learn a lot too since I don't know what I'm talking about.

I corrected what you wrote. You said "If you apply for another ESTA and it’s denied, you will be permanently ineligible to use the VWP Option." The bolded section is false.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Filed: Timeline

Oddly if you are in a place that uses ESTA and you apply for and are denied a B you can never use ESTA again.

Anyway- @Kaysiansaid something odd about "having to make 5 trips" and this trip would have been the 2nd.  Why do you HAVE to make 5 trips? Could be related to immigrant intent. 

52 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Okay, then I suggest informing the OP how to prepare a strong tourist visa application. I'm sure I'll learn a lot too since I don't know what I'm talking about.

I corrected what you wrote. You said "If you apply for another ESTA and it’s denied, you will be permanently ineligible to use the VWP Option." The bolded section is false.

Visajourney is about giving advice and/or support to people in need of help, not just empty/trivial critiques of others suggestions. I have provided my suggestion, apply for a visa. What’s yours? You’ve provided none so far.

Unless perhaps you’re suggesting a person who was denied entry at the airport, go back on the same ESTA or apply for a new ESTA and then attempt to reenter the USA. That would be laughably terrible advice..

So we are all waiting for your superior suggestion, with bated breath.

Edited by PaulTheSheik

Citizen of the World!

On 12/11/2018 at 12:37 AM, Kaysian said:

same here, i will try again with required documents and hope CBP officer work in my favor 

Don’t. Bad plan. You don’t want two successive denied entries on your record. I would apply for a visa in your situation.

Citizen of the World!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Just a quick reminder the OP is from the Bahamas who have a separate arrangement to visit the US, as far as I know there is no ESTA requirement.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

52 minutes ago, PaulTheSheik said:

Visajourney is about giving advice and/or support to people in need of help, not just empty/trivial critiques of others suggestions. I have provided my suggestion, apply for a visa. What’s yours? You’ve provided none so far.

Well yes it's for advice, but I'm assuming the OP wants good advice, not advice based on incorrect statements or statements that don't apply to their circumstances.

Unless perhaps you’re suggesting a person who was denied entry at the airport, go back on the same ESTA or apply for a new ESTA and then attempt to reenter the USA. That would be laughably terrible advice..

Somebody denied entry with an ESTA wouldn't be the first person to successfully re-enter via the VWP in the future.

As noted, ESTAs don't apply to the OP's case anyway.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1250/~/bahamian-citizen-document-requirements

Like Canadians, they can attempt to revisit using their passport alone (so long as they go through pre-clearance from the Bahamas). Or they can obtain a tourist visa. I'd lean more towards a visa as being turned away by CBP with a newly obtained visa is quite unlikely.

So we are all waiting for your superior suggestion, with bated breath. 

I'm still waiting for the advice on how to prepare a solid tourist visa application.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

16 hours ago, geowrian said:

I'd lean more towards a visa as being turned away by CBP with a newly obtained visa is quite unlikely.

Well well well. Who would have thought?

Citizen of the World!

Now I understand why information on how to present a solid tourist visa application has not been provided...because the individual actually meant committing fraud (per their now-deleted comment on the subject).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Filed: Timeline

Im still waiting for the OP to come back and explain what she meant by needing to make 5 trips. The wording makes it sound like its not for tourism purposes and she has some sort of obligation here in the US that requires 5 trips. If she can clarify it would help to get the best advice...

Anyway- as its been posted Bahamas has an agreement with US (just like Canada- which more are familiar with) that they can enter and stay for up to 90 days with out a prior visa or ESTA. They simply go to the pre-clearance at the locations listed with the documents needed and will either be allowed in or turned away. 

If you are turned away the first thing to do is find out why you were turned away. Criminal issues are addressed differently then immigrant intent. She was turned away for immigrant intent. So she can either TRY AGAIN at pre-clearance OR apply for a B visa. As geowrain stated if she applies for and gets a B visa it is unlikely they will turn her away for immigrant intent again. However a B visa costs money and takes time. It makes more sense to me to attempt to go through pre-clearance again before seeking a B visa. First because the Officer told her when he denied her to come back with additional documents. He did not tell her she should seek a B. So it seems like the Officer felt if she had whatever stuff he told her to bring next time that she would be able to overcome immigrant intent. If he felt there was nothing she could show them he probably would have told her to try to get a B. 

Again with out knowing the specifics of why she is traveling (and will be making required additional trips) its impossible to give more advice on whats the best route.

Also if she does apply for the B and is denied for it (the B will allow you to stay in the US for up to 6 months rather then 90 days at a time- so if someone can enter for up to 90 days at a time and is seeking a longer duration visa then the obvious question is why? why is 90 days not long enough? It seems like trying to get a B for 6 months would be 'harder'. The B for Canadians and Bahamians is really for people that need to stay longer then 90 days OR are traveling for reasons that dont qualify them to use the 90 day agreement. 

If she is just going to apply for a B and show the same documents she would show at pre-clearance and stay under 90 days and is not doing anything that requires a B- there is no reason to apply for it and she should go through pre-clearance again.

There is NO PENALTIES for getting denied at pre-clearance. She can try it as many times as she wants. Again it depends on why you were denied- and if its for immigrant intent you will keep getting denied unless you show new evidence or have a change in circumstance. The Officer advised her of what she can bring to overcome immigrant intent so thats (IMO) what she should do. 

I think the most important part is remembering that the bilateral agreement means no advance visa is needed. You apply for your 'visa' right there on the spot at pre-clearance. You can apply in advance for a B but if you meet the conditions for using pre-clearance theres no reason not to use it. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.