CaseyBorne88

Question about Affidavit of support....

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all. I have a concern regarding my Affidavit of support....The time is getting near where my i129-f may be adjudicated and I would be beginning the next steps of the K1 process. I have an opportunity that has opened up to me to take a position at another company doing the same line of work that I do now. My question is: Would switching jobs so near to the time where I would have to submit my AOS have potential to negatively affect my perceived financial reliability? Do they look at the amount of time you have been with a company as a factor in determining my ability to support my Fiance? My Timeline estimate is somewhere between January 4th-10th. My guess is that with the holidays I wouldn't start until January and if I took the Job I might be there just a few months possibly before having to have the AOS prepared for the interview....If anyone can answer my questions and put my mind at ease I would be thankful.  

34 minutes ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

Hi all. I have a concern regarding my Affidavit of support....The time is getting near where my i129-f may be adjudicated and I would be beginning the next steps of the K1 process. I have an opportunity that has opened up to me to take a position at another company doing the same line of work that I do now. My question is: Would switching jobs so near to the time where I would have to submit my AOS have potential to negatively affect my perceived financial reliability? Do they look at the amount of time you have been with a company as a factor in determining my ability to support my Fiance? My Timeline estimate is somewhere between January 4th-10th. My guess is that with the holidays I wouldn't start until January and if I took the Job I might be there just a few months possibly before having to have the AOS prepared for the interview....If anyone can answer my questions and put my mind at ease I would be thankful.  

You can start a new job without it affecting your AOS. Time on the job has no baring. They are only concerned with the amount of income that the petitioner is producing for the family and that amount can come for any job whether it is day one or day 15,000.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

10 hours ago, CaseyBorne88 said:

For AOS they don't really care if you have a job or not, Having a job is irrelative for the most part

Just if you can meet the Poverty Threshold chart

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

For AOS they don't really care if you have a job or not, Having a job is irrelative for the most part

Just if you can meet the Poverty Threshold chart

Seriously ....   :wacko:  

Hard to show proof of income without a job, unless you are retired or independently wealthy.    Even then the income still needs to meet or exceed the poverty guidelines.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

27 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Seriously ....   :wacko:  

Hard to show proof of income without a job, unless you are retired or independently wealthy.    Even then the income still needs to meet or exceed the poverty guidelines.

I used assets for my AOS,  I listed no income........

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:15 PM, CaseyBorne88 said:

Its been a few years since they USEM has requested Support doucments for K1's.

Please keep us posted if they ask for it.

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

I was talking AOS filing for 2 year Greencard

USEM isn't wanting support docuements on K1's

OP wasn't .. and that is what matters.  OP was talking I-134, etc.    And the embassy does list Support documents on their checklist

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
48 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Its been a few years since they USEM has requested Support doucments for K1's.

Please keep us posted if they ask for it.

Embassy still asks for support documents, just not with every K-1....   

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

6 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Embassy still asks for support documents, just not with every K-1....   

I haven't read anyone lately saying they were asked for it at the USEM or from a pre screener or from a CO.

8 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

OP wasn't .. and that is what matters.  OP was talking I-134, etc.    And the embassy does list Support documents on their checklist

Redundant

Timeline

That should make it official .. you haven't read of anyone being asked for support documents.  Next on your list -  notify the embassy to remove that requirement from their checklist.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

39 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

That should make it official .. you haven't read of anyone being asked for support documents.  Next on your list -  notify the embassy to remove that requirement from their checklist.

Well I tried my best to make a pit stop at the USEM in October, I was on the 17th floor overlooking the embassy.  I spent my last 5 days or so about 100 yards from the USEM, but they had the all saints day and that was joker in the deck.  USEM closed or at least a skeleton crew was there as I was told from a worker there.  Then they had a club called Cowboy grill that stayed open until 6am, and the various VideoK bars and the other bars I was short on time.

I can tell you one thing, Manila is a different animal when all the pretty girls from the province go home for a major holiday, the eye candy level dropped greatly, Lesson learned for me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.