20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi there! 

In a nutshell: application was approved October 11th, flash forward and case was sent from NVC to U.S. Embassy in London on November 28th.

Its December 13th and we are apparently waiting on a letter that allows us to book the medical, and then the interview? This letter has still not arrived. Should we be concerned? Do we reach out to the embassy, or the NVC for the letter? The procedure is unclear as it says that we should start making all appointments, but that we need this letter (thats never come) to do so. 

A little lost - thanks for any guidance here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

You can ask the NVC for your Case Number and then you should check your status on https://ceac.state.gov/ceacstattracker/status.aspx

But I don't think you should be worried, it takes some time unfortunately.. 

Timeline

Thanks @AnnaYT I just did that and it says No Status. What does this mean?!? Case was created November 22nd - thats all it says?!?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Our Case has been sent there on the 5th of October. And it just now moved from "In transit" to "ready". I still have not received my packet 3. I really think you got some time to kill right now.. 

5 minutes ago, TennantFamily said:

it says No Status. What does this mean?

I don't know what it means. Maybe it just means that they haven't got to it yet.. But I really don't know. Maybe try to google a bit about it. You can also send me a private message if you want to :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
41 minutes ago, TennantFamily said:

Thanks @AnnaYT I just did that and it says No Status. What does this mean?!? Case was created November 22nd - thats all it says?!?

Are you tracking on the immigrant tracker versus the nonimmigrant tracker?  You need to track on the immigrant side 

YMMV

Timeline

Thanks @payxibka - that worked, it says 'Status Ready for interview.' But we can't book the interview until we have a letter?!? And we can't book the medical until we have some letter as well?? so confused :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
37 minutes ago, TennantFamily said:

Thanks @payxibka - that worked, it says 'Status Ready for interview.' But we can't book the interview until we have a letter?!? And we can't book the medical until we have some letter as well?? so confused :(

Which letter? Nvc or consulate?

YMMV

Search for London consulate process for details specific to your country. You're waiting on Packet 3 I assume and those take 2-4 weeks ish according to others' timelines these days. Not sure if you need it before booking  interview or not. You shouldn't be even slightly worried at this time you are well in the normal timelines. 

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Just get your case number from the NVC, book your medical and then go here > https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-gb/iv and book your interview through that. With London embassy it isnt really clear what P3 is lol but i managed just fine without an official. I recieved oen from the embassy like a week before my scheduald intervoew but it just said book your interview lol. Hope this helps a little 

Timeline

@Nicola and Jordan thank you, so you are saying you can book your medical without having this letter? Because per the website:

You may schedule an appointment by telephoning 020 7486 7822 Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You must quote your case number (begins with the first three letters of the post – London is LND) when making your call. Appointments are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.

Please do not schedule an appointment unless you have received your appointment letter from the National Visa Center or, if your application is being processed by the IV Unit, you have been advised that your case file has been received in the Immigrant Visa Unit, London.

12 hours ago, TennantFamily said:

@Nicola and Jordan thank you, so you are saying you can book your medical without having this letter? Because per the website:

You may schedule an appointment by telephoning 020 7486 7822 Monday to Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. You must quote your case number (begins with the first three letters of the post – London is LND) when making your call. Appointments are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.

Please do not schedule an appointment unless you have received your appointment letter from the National Visa Center or, if your application is being processed by the IV Unit, you have been advised that your case file has been received in the Immigrant Visa Unit, London.

As long as you have your LND number and ACRO you are good to go. As your case is at the embassy you can book your interview too then you can take your interview confirmation email to the medical if you like. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the UK regional forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

1 hour ago, TennantFamily said:

@Nicola and Jordan what is an ACRO? Sorry - we are so completely lost :( 

UK police certificate 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.