DeclanW

No updates on CEAC, anyone shared this experience?

91 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, DeclanW said:

Great news, did it start updating frequently before it processed? Or was it pretty sudden. 

Pretty much a straight switch from AP to Issued, now just waiting on that email. 

Edited by HarryWL

2 hours ago, DeclanW said:

No update for me since the 11th, glad to see they're looking at yours. Hope it comes soon

Case update seem's to be prompted by the response to my lawyers email. The response being the generic "Average processing time is 7-10 working days". It also said my "Case is still under review with the consular officer". I'm sure you received a similar email when you contacted them?

I see they located your medical on the 28th and put it with your file, what was the date of your Medical Examination? Just trying to work some sort of timeline out for when they would have received mine. Thanks!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, JPVL said:

Case update seem's to be prompted by the response to my lawyers email. The response being the generic "Average processing time is 7-10 working days". It also said my "Case is still under review with the consular officer". I'm sure you received a similar email when you contacted them?

I see they located your medical on the 28th and put it with your file, what was the date of your Medical Examination? Just trying to work some sort of timeline out for when they would have received mine. Thanks!

Mine says

" Your application is being processed. The average timeframe for an immigrant visa application is 7-10 working days plus a further 1- 2 days for delivery. However, as processing varies in every case, timescales are given for guidance only. "

Which is the generic response. Nothing about the case being under review by a consular officer.

In regards to my medical.

" To confirm, we have received your medical report. You can expect to be contacted once the processing of your application is complete, or if additional information or documentation is required. We are unable to provide routine status updates in the interim. "

That was what was different in that email.

I rang knightsbridge and they sent the email on the 22nd after I went for it on the 15th. They didn't have it on the 26th but confirmed they did on the 28th.

1 hour ago, DeclanW said:

No updates since the 11th, was hoping there'd be one today. This is killing me, last day of work at least

No update for me either mate. Embassy closes at 5.30pm so have a few hours at least for something to shift. Not sure if CEAC status's change after the embassy closes / on weekends?

Thanks for your response to my previous post also. Not only did we have our interview the same day but also our medical! They must be unlucky dates 😐

Timeline
1 hour ago, JPVL said:

No update for me either mate. Embassy closes at 5.30pm so have a few hours at least for something to shift. Not sure if CEAC status's change after the embassy closes / on weekends?

Thanks for your response to my previous post also. Not only did we have our interview the same day but also our medical! They must be unlucky dates 😐

Not holding out hope. Ceac status won't change during the weekends or when they're closed so it's another weekend of waiting. 

Next week I'm off work completely, just need to fill my time with something now. 

1 minute ago, Wuozopo said:

It's happened before. 

I thought I had read somewhere that some peoples status had changed during the weekend, thanks for confirming. I'm not going to hold my breath though. Seeing as my interview was approved on November 26th with no 221g I was expecting at least a shift from 'Ready' by now. 14 working days and still not issued is starting to worry me slightly, especially as my intended travel date was marked as December 18th at the Embassy.

5 hours ago, JPVL said:

I thought I had read somewhere that some peoples status had changed during the weekend, thanks for confirming. I'm not going to hold my breath though. Seeing as my interview was approved on November 26th with no 221g I was expecting at least a shift from 'Ready' by now. 14 working days and still not issued is starting to worry me slightly, especially as my intended travel date was marked as December 18th at the Embassy.

Same thing as us, 10 days prior on Nov 16th we were approved at interview but sometimes a name can hit in their last check before issuance and with all the holidays and closures and vacations everything is slowed way down so even something that has normally taken a week or two to clear up is taking way longer. We are at 4 weeks now and this is an email we received yesterday when asking if they have all needed documents? 

410683841_embassyap.thumb.jpg.14edda1ca1fe40d3fdaa68dfa7952d20.jpg

1 hour ago, moreadore said:

Same thing as us, 10 days prior on Nov 16th we were approved at interview but sometimes a name can hit in their last check before issuance and with all the holidays and closures and vacations everything is slowed way down so even something that has normally taken a week or two to clear up is taking way longer. We are at 4 weeks now and this is an email we received yesterday when asking if they have all needed documents? 

Damn, sorry to hear that. Very strange it seems to happen to only a select few. There are a few differences I see between your case and mine though, one of which is that you're in 'AP' whilst i'm stuck in 'Ready', was that the same case for you for the first few weeks then you got changed to 'AP' or was your Visa Status always in 'AP' since your interview? Thanks for sharing your info btw :)

Timeline

Sent up an email asking if I'm missing anything or if anything is wrong. Hopefully it prompts them to do anything, hoping next week it starts. Seeing the word ready gives me nightmares

7 minutes ago, JPVL said:

Damn, sorry to hear that. Very strange it seems to happen to only a select few. There are a few differences I see between your case and mine though, one of which is that you're in 'AP' whilst i'm stuck in 'Ready', was that the same case for you for the first few weeks then you got changed to 'AP' or was your Visa Status always in 'AP' since your interview? Thanks for sharing your info btw :)

We have been in AP since we noticed. We didnt start checking for a week or more after the interview as I was there in the UK visiting but of course with no update since Nov 19th it might have gone straight into NIV AP or it could have rapidly changed as many do and then become stuck in the secondary AP.

1 minute ago, moreadore said:

We have been in AP since we noticed. We didnt start checking for a week or more after the interview as I was there in the UK visiting but of course with no update since Nov 19th it might have gone straight into NIV AP or it could have rapidly changed as many do and then become stuck in the secondary AP.

Understood, I hope you (and everyone else that's been waiting more than the norm) get issued early this coming week. I don't know if it being the week before Christmas will benefit or hinder us 😕.  

16 hours ago, DeclanW said:

Sent up an email asking if I'm missing anything or if anything is wrong. Hopefully it prompts them to do anything, hoping next week it starts. Seeing the word ready gives me nightmares

I know the feeling, just hoping the process starts shifting on Monday. Seeing other people with this problem and getting resolved before me is strange to say the least, especially when they were interviewed after our interview date. Feeling pretty hopeless in this whole situation!

Timeline
29 minutes ago, JPVL said:

I know the feeling, just hoping the process starts shifting on Monday. Seeing other people with this problem and getting resolved before me is strange to say the least, especially when they were interviewed after our interview date. Feeling pretty hopeless in this whole situation!

It's hard not to feel useless when the Embassy makes it impossible to get information and gives the most bare possible updates

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.