refugee

Trump Has Made U.S. Policy Much More Resistant To Immigration — Without The Wall

58 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, refugee said:

Define Pump and Dump.  

I have participated in the discussion of  every topic that I have posted. 

Oh really???  You have only really contributed on articles that I moved over here from the US Immigration News subforum. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Knock off the arguments, please.  If there's something substantive, Report it.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

2 minutes ago, TBoneTX said:

Knock off the arguments, please.  If there's something substantive, Report it.

Ahhh come on we are just jabbing with each other..... Nothing bad going on here officer. 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Oh really???  You have only really contributed on articles that I moved over here from the US Immigration News subforum. 

All of my articles get moved to this forum. One is locked , for reasons I do not understand.  Two were posted this AM, do you want me to nurse those all day or can I take a 12 hour break? 

I have also contributed to other discussions in the Immigration forum.   

At this point I am ready to chuck the entire site.  I am sure some will say don't let the door hit you on the backside on the way out.  I just need to point out that a site dedicated to immigration should be promoting healthy discussion on how we can improve our broken policies and not make it about partisanship.  If you examine my responses you will see that I try to make it about improving the lives of those immigrating, their employers and their loved ones.

I get the message, go to Reddit.

Edited by refugee

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

11 minutes ago, refugee said:

All of my articles get moved to this forum. One is locked , for reasons I do not understand.  Two were posted this AM, do you want me to nurse those all day or can I take a 12 hour break? 

At this point I am ready to chuck the entire site.  I am sure some will say don't let the door hit you on the backside on the way out.  I just need to point out that a site dedicated to immigration should be promoting healthy discussion on how we can improve our broken policies and not make it about partisanship.  If you examine my responses you will see that I try to make it about improving the lives of those immigrating, their employers and their loved ones.

I just posted the articles where you did not respond at all. If you are clear about wanting to promote discussion then by all means come here. What broken policies do you want to improve, and how are they broken?  

I am sorry but everything immigration wise these days are going back to partisanship unfortunately. You have one side that is very pro-immigration BAMN then you have the other side that is Pro Legal Immigration. By all means stay and participate we have no issue with you staying. 

I think the standard for posting a thread about an article here should be :

1. Provide the article, and summarize it if you wish

2. Provide your opinion, possibly with a question (at the very least a "What do you think?" type question)

Just linking an article with no opinion or topic for discussion tends to point an attempt to stir discord without a substantial discussion.

I am directing this at no one in particular. Just an observation. Also obviously a thread started with just a meme involving some sort of insult/dig at a person or group of people (so pretty much all memes posted here?) should be locked immediately (and honestly should be followed by a warning and/or punishment depending on repeat offense).

Edited by bcking

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, refugee said:

If it's this part of the forum that makes you want to quit I can tell you this: even though this is a part of the visa journey forum it's kind of like its own separate entity. If you want flowers and unicorns (a place where everyone pretends everything is peachy) go to the rest of the forum. Here we don't sugarcoat things. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Unidentified said:

If it's this part of the forum that makes you want to quit I can tell you this: even though this is a part of the visa journey forum it's kind of like its own separate entity. If you want flowers and unicorns (a place where everyone pretends everything is peachy) go to the rest of the forum. Here we don't sugarcoat things. 

If I don't sugarcoat things, I will get called out. If I post with no comment, I get called out.  Best to shut up if you have views contrary to the norm in current events.  

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Filed: Timeline
35 minutes ago, bcking said:

I think the standard for posting a thread about an article here should be :

1. Provide the article, and summarize it if you wish

2. Provide your opinion, possibly with a question (at the very least a "What do you think?" type question)

Just linking an article with no opinion or topic for discussion tends to point an attempt to stir discord without a substantial discussion.

I am directing this at no one in particular. Just an observation. Also obviously a thread started with just a meme involving some sort of insult/dig at a person or group of people (so pretty much all memes posted here?) should be locked immediately (and honestly should be followed by a warning and/or punishment depending on repeat offense).

I agree that posting an article coupled with an opinion is more interesting.  But as a person.who doesn't watch the news, I like that people post articles that affect us all here.  There have been some VERY informative nuggets over the years that I would otherwise never been privy to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
4 minutes ago, refugee said:

If I don't sugarcoat things, I will get called out. If I post with no comment, I get called out.  Best to shut up if you have views contrary to the norm in current events.  

Then either grow a thicker skin or stick to the other parts of the forum where there are flowers and unicorns.  And I am not saying that to be mean, I am just speaking from experience. 

Edited by Unidentified

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, refugee said:

Not true.  Just don't expect everyone to agree with you.  Even if I disagree with someone, it helps me to see how others view the subject,  and their ideas about it may well be better/more informed than mine. 

1 minute ago, refugee said:

yeah, the "Buh" is not apart of the thing

Apart?  Or a part?  :)

Timeline
1 minute ago, Satisfied said:

Not true.  Just don't expect everyone to agree with you.  Even if I disagree with someone, it helps me to see how others view the subject,  and their ideas about it may well be better/more informed than mine. 

Apart?  Or a part?  :)

Ill give you that, and blame android spellcheck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~One post removed as requested, another for quoting~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08