Lottaair

Morocco Casablanca Consulate

203 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Lottaair said:

I have read through many websites that my visit was fine staying there for two weeks.

This meets the minimum requirements to have the petition approved. It rarely enough for the visa to be issued from Morocco.

The process is petition sent -> petition approved -> NVC -> embassy/consulate for an interview. The last step is the most difficult.

3 minutes ago, Lottaair said:

Dont understand your acronyms 

Which acronyms specifically? I'm sure somebody can chime in to explain it.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes and those fees ... the morrocan marriage  would be the difference and I still have to stay there even longer. Like about 20+ days to receive the documents needed after marriage.  This marriages over there is not free they have fees as well and it would atillxoat the same if not even more.

You know the fees for marriage in Morocco??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Depending on where your fiance live lives (if he's close to Casablanca or Rabat), you could get married in under 2 weeks. And it shouldn't take more than a few days to process the marriage and have the marriage certificate in hand. Especially if you go there prepared with translations of documents that you will need. The fees will vary a lot. Your fiance will need to research and understand the path to marriage. He should know which court building you will need to go to and which documents you will both need in order to marry. 

The US embassy has a list of basic things you will need to do/bring to marry in Morocco, but your partner should also check with his local court as sometimes the requirements do vary. https://ma.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/marriage-information/

Again, you can go the K1 route if that is what you feel is best. I still recommend making another visit before you file the I-129F. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Timeline

Making another visit means my chances decrease for having kids as this adds on to my clock. 

This also increases the wait time .. like a whole year. I really hoped for him to be here in 2019. 

According to my finance he said I had to be there for over 20 days to wait for the paper work. Now I'm confused and feel misguided. 

But how much does it cost?? I did a short term search and I saw a lot of different fees for Morocco.  

If I have to go back again which would be 6mo tha or more because I have to save up ..etc. i would get married because i cannot afford the time or the money just to go over there and look at him. I never had a moment alone with him because of his religion. Me being an American..this was very frustrating. 

Timeline

Lol that was simply a typo!

I am just an American woman.i live in nc... born and raised 

No histirical  background of other countries to be recent in my family time line. 

Timeline

What will you do if the K1 visa is not approved? That also will add to the wait time. 
You are right though, the minimum requirement is to have met at least once within the last 2 years. If you feel like the K1 route is the path you want to take, then go for it. The guides here on VJ will walk you through each step. 

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

Timeline

I dont want ro live in Morocco.  Squatting in a hole is not for me. It is going in reverse qthba 2rd world country with their technology.  I would baclaically go backwards.  Thata saying leave all I have here..the advantage is for a better life not opposite. 

You know there is not opportunity there like it is here. 

6 minutes ago, Lottaair said:

Making another visit means my chances decrease for having kids as this adds on to my clock. 

This also increases the wait time .. like a whole year. I really hoped for him to be here in 2019. 

According to my finance he said I had to be there for over 20 days to wait for the paper work. Now I'm confused and feel misguided. 

But how much does it cost?? I did a short term search and I saw a lot of different fees for Morocco.  

If I have to go back again which would be 6mo tha or more because I have to save up ..etc. i would get married because i cannot afford the time or the money just to go over there and look at him. I never had a moment alone with him because of his religion. Me being an American..this was very frustrating. 

I can TOTALLY relate to you with this comment, I too feel like the clock is ticking and that is also a huge worry of mine, actually it's probably in the top 3 of my worries for the wait. I am also a firm believer in fate and what keeps me grounded is that belief, that all that is meant to happen will and not worry so much about the outcome. If I were you I would visit again and possibly even go to his interview, show one more visit at the interview and also show you are there. 

You have never been married nor have kids, this is a huge plus, 9 years is not long at all coupled with the fact that you can still have children will all be in your favor.Do not take all of these opinions to heart, they are just that, opinions, at the end of the day the CO will make the final decision. Best of luck.

Timeline

Can your fiance help with any of the fees? It's not fair to put the burden all on yourself. 

And I think we all know the struggle of being apart from a loved one and having the unknown factor of not knowing when you will be together again. I understand it's especially tough in Morocco if he comes from a more conservative view point where you cannot be alone before marriage. We don't advise you to take your time to make you wait longer, the reason this forums gives this advice is because we want his visa to be approved, and we've seen this situation many many times. In the end, the more time you spend together, the higher your chances of approval. 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

Timeline

Thank you for your understanding.  I'm sitting here probably getting grey hair reading all of this. 

I just simply wanted someone's direct opinion on Morocco not all the other consulates.  Because this is the places he is located. I am not rich. But I am on the fence about marriage now in what location. He doesnt want to have anything to do with me there ..as far as "relations" because he has a friend who was used for his sperm.. and the woman got pregnant and never filed paperwork to get him with her. But oh well. 

Thata not me nor my case.

I am more so worried with time and if everyone keeps saying I should visit again..I might as well should have gotten married last month when I was there. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.