AmericanCitizen85

Affidavit of Support Help

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, aleful said:

hi

yes,

all 3 of you have to mark yes on 3 1

each of you have had to put the beneficiary first, and then each of you will list the derivatives

Thank you for responding!

I was thinking the following but am not sure:

mother in law would indicate yes in part 3 section 1 (because she is the petitioner, regardless if she can financially sponsor or not).

my my wife would list yes in part 3 section 1 (because she would sponsor the principal immigrant and 4 other family members.

my sister in law would check the box in part 3 section 2 (because she would sponsor 4 family members).

If you or someone else can confirm the above please.

And my final question is the following:

In part 5 section 1 of the form does my mother in law indicate “9” for the number of persons being sponsored in this affidavit? (Even though my mom cannot financially sponsor the 9 family members)

My wife is sponsoring 5 family members and my sister in law will sponsor the other 4. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

she still has to mark yes and put one of derivatives as the beneficiary

all of you still need to complete the section of the beneficiary and the rest of the derivatives

your mother in law has to add all 9 of them because she is the primary sponsor, even if she doesn't have enough income, 10 with her included as you indicated

Filed: Timeline

Okay thanks!

My wife is sponsoring 5 family members, and that includes the primary beneficiary.

In part 3 section 29, my wife would indicate 5 correct?

Since my sister in law is sponsoring 4 family members (not including the primary beneficiary because my wife is sponsoring) does my sister in law state 4 or 5 in part 3 section 29?

The statement in part 3 section 29 says to include principal immigrant and family members, so it’s confusing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.