56 posts in this topic

Timeline
15 minutes ago, missileman said:

You have absolutely NO reason to be sorry.  I sincerely apologize if I sounded harsh....I hope you for you the very best outcome in this difficult time.....I hope you can take charge of you and your child's futures......you can...you must......

Thank you. Tearing up right now.

Timeline
1 minute ago, NuestraUnion said:

*** Moved to "Effects of Major Family Changes on Immigration Benefits" ***

OP,

Best of luck to you and look out for you and your son's safety, peace of mind, and happiness above all else.

Thank you. I needed that. Hoping my situation will change soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Maria711 said:

Met someone and we dated and fell in love. Broke up twice but got back together because he pursued and he decided he couldn't live without me so we got married in August. 

Just a piece of advice going forward: put your wants and needs first, not someone else's. It isn't being selfish or self-centered, I promise. 

Anyway, best of luck to you. Like everyone else, I think you should fly home as soon as you can. 

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Damara said:

Change doesnt happen on its own. You have to make changes. Create the life you want- one that makes you happy.

He has no job, no money and most importantly NO INTENTIONS of getting you any kind of status. Seriously- think about that for a second- he has no intentions of getting you legal status. He is forcing you to remain an illegal immigrant. That is not love. Its cruel, its not how you treat someone you love or care about. 

side note @debbiedoo everytime you post I like you more and more. Sorry if that sounds creepy. I just think you are awesome. Probably cause I agree with everything you say- birds of a feather flock together- and you are my kinda flock

a totally non creepy DITTO!

lolol

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

1 hour ago, Damara said:

Change doesnt happen on its own. You have to make changes. Create the life you want- one that makes you happy.

He has no job, no money and most importantly NO INTENTIONS of getting you any kind of status. Seriously- think about that for a second- he has no intentions of getting you legal status. He is forcing you to remain an illegal immigrant. That is not love. Its cruel, its not how you treat someone you love or care about. 

side note @debbiedoo everytime you post I like you more and more. Sorry if that sounds creepy. I just think you are awesome. Probably cause I agree with everything you say- birds of a feather flock together- and you are my kinda flock

I agree on all these points. It sounds like the OP's husband just wants her to stay illegal even though it is detrimental to her. This could be for a variety of reasons I will not name them here. 

OP, it sounds like you need to reevaluate everything right now and go forward based off the decision you make then. 

@Damara I have to agree with in this as well. @debbiedoo seems like a very rational person and I am happy she is around.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

I agree on all these points. It sounds like the OP's husband just wants her to stay illegal even though it is detrimental to her. This could be for a variety of reasons I will not name them here. 

OP, it sounds like you need to reevaluate everything right now and go forward based off the decision you make then. 

@Damara I have to agree with in this as well. @debbiedoo seems like a very rational person and I am happy she is around.

the whole 2 people on this site who like me. it really must be the christmas season 😂

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, debbiedoo said:

the whole 2 people on this site who like me. it really must be the christmas season 😂

Actually, three  😀

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

many people don't leave as "I really love him"

some stay 20 or more years thru thick and thin 

later to give up

now,  at ages 40 and 50,  they look back and think 

God   i looked good at 20 and 30  and I wasted all that time on someone NOT WORTH IT

BTW

u can call 911 and ask for help as u only have $20

there are plenty of church orginizations the police know about

they can give u # of social services

there is help out there 

u just have to search that area for it

if any abuse past or present there are shelters 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Sorry about your relationship and break up. It happens. You will get over it with time but you came here in a Visa that wasn’t for the intent of marriage anyway so you really you did not lose anything. You will find another guy in your home country. How are you exactly stuck?

Edited by Visitor User

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hopefully the Consulate can help.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

31 minutes ago, theresaL said:

I don't think VAWA applies to you because you have no status. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Your best choice is to go back to your country, file divorce and start again.

Vawa applies to a spouse who is being abused regardless if anything has yet to be filed.  Often it is a way for a person to get status when their controlling and abusive spouse has refused to file anything. 

Keeping someone from having a legal status on purpose is controlling and manipulative.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
25 minutes ago, NikLR said:

Vawa applies to a spouse who is being abused regardless if anything has yet to be filed.  Often it is a way for a person to get status when their controlling and abusive spouse has refused to file anything. 

Keeping someone from having a legal status on purpose is controlling and manipulative.  

I guess it does not  hurt to hire a lawyer and see if she can self file?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.