Dashinka

Pelosi: Democrats Are Not Going To Fund Trump's "Immoral" Border Wall

90 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, bcking said:

The actual numbers from the 2016 election are as follows:

Trump - 62,979,626

Clinton - 65,844,610

So the only conclusion here is you really don't know what "average" means 🤦‍♂️

This doesn't deny or question Trump's victory, but his victory certainly wasn't because he captured the "average" American. At least not based on the sampling of the population during the 2016 election.

🤦‍♂️

If you look at an election map and they way the people voted, it clearly shows Trump is the man of the people, for the people, and by the people.  

The maps show Clinton had heavy support in liberals areas like the West Coast and the NE region, the rest of American commonly called the breadbasket is where Trump dominated.

I also find it humorous and a tad strange that a person like yourself who can't vote in the USA get so worked up about US politics.   I travel to the Philippines quite a bit, I don't get into politic discussion over there when they get into politics.  Even though I like the President, I tell them I like the guy but this is your country, I have nothing to say about your politics.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

22 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

If you look at an election map and they way the people voted, it clearly shows Trump is the man of the people, for the people, and by the people.  

The maps show Clinton had heavy support in liberals areas like the West Coast and the NE region, the rest of American commonly called the breadbasket is where Trump dominated.

I also find it humorous and a tad strange that a person like yourself who can't vote in the USA get so worked up about US politics.   I travel to the Philippines quite a bit, I don't get into politic discussion over there when they get into politics.  Even though I like the President, I tell them I like the guy but this is your country, I have nothing to say about your politics.

The election map doesn't matter. We are talking about the views of the people. Each person counts the same. That "breadbasket" unfortunately has far more wheat and corn than it has people. Trump may have their support, but there aren't as many people.

The "views of the people" (majority) quite clearly supposed Clinton. As I said that does negate his win, but he won based on the electoral college not based on the majority of Americans voting for him.

Where do you come off saying I can't vote by the way? My wife is the immigrant. I'm a US citizen born and bred. I don't think you meant offense there though. I may not clarify in my profile?

That being said even if I was the immigrant spouse, it's not strange at all to care about the politics of the country you live in. My wife and I discuss UK politics all the time, especially since we will probably move there in a few years time. She cares a lot about our politics here. 

13 minutes ago, bcking said:

The election map doesn't matter. We are talking about the views of the people. Each person counts the same. That "breadbasket" unfortunately has far more wheat and corn than it has people. Trump may have their support, but there aren't as many people.

The "views of the people" (majority) quite clearly supposed Clinton. As I said that does negate his win, but he won based on the electoral college not based on the majority of Americans voting for him.

Where do you come off saying I can't vote by the way? My wife is the immigrant. I'm a US citizen born and bred. I don't think you meant offense there though. I may not clarify in my profile?

That being said even if I was the immigrant spouse, it's not strange at all to care about the politics of the country you live in. My wife and I discuss UK politics all the time, especially since we will probably move there in a few years time. She cares a lot about our politics here. 

No offense I was thinking you maybe from UK and your wife was the petitioner, I stand correct. 

Why would you want to move to the UK?  I befriended a guy last month in Philippines he is from Manchester, He is a gregarious and outgoing guy, He drinks whiskey and still rolls his own cigs.  He told me that due to all the immigration in UK that the country is done with.

He is retired from a government job in UK, the guy is a hoot and has been to Thailand over 50 times, He was on his 15th trip to Philippines which matches me.  He is one lucky dude, he is 63 and his beautiful wife is 23 and they live in UK.

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

1 minute ago, Chris Duffy said:

No offense I was thinking you maybe from UK and your wife was the petitioner, I stand correct. 

Why would you want to move to the UK?  I befriended a guy last month in Philippines he is from Manchester, He is a gregarious and outgoing guy, He drinks whiskey and still rolls his own cigs.  He told me that due to all the immigration in UK that the country is done with.

He is retired from a government job in UK, the guy is a hoot and has been to Thailand over 50 times, He was on his 15th trip to Philippines which matches me.  He is one lucky dude, he is 63 and his beautiful wife is 23 and they live in UK.

It's a personal choice of course but for us we have a few reasons. Obviously this is all our opinion.

Her family, better education system, better quality of life, guaranteed healthcare, greater safety. Also TV shows are better ;)

We'll be here for another 5 years or so probably. She really doesn't want our children attending much school here. I have exams and stuff I need to do before I can transition to their system (I'm a doctor). She would have to find a job that would transfer her to London (oil and gas). It's just a goal. She has her green card, but has no plan to become a USC.

Filed: Timeline
13 hours ago, bcking said:

It's a personal choice of course but for us we have a few reasons. Obviously this is all our opinion.

Her family, better education system, better quality of life, guaranteed healthcare, greater safety. Also TV shows are better ;)

We'll be here for another 5 years or so probably. She really doesn't want our children attending much school here. I have exams and stuff I need to do before I can transition to their system (I'm a doctor). She would have to find a job that would transfer her to London (oil and gas). It's just a goal. She has her green card, but has no plan to become a USC.

I heard online that the government is running a special in January.  If she were to buy three boxes of tea bags and dump them down the toilet, she gets an expedited USC, for free!!  :rofl: 

Wherever you can live that you are all happy, and your money goes farther, that is where I recommend going.  I hope to be looking for that place in a major way in less than 10 years.  Doing it slowly now. (Belize, Costa Rica, PI, Thailand, etc.)

1 minute ago, Satisfied said:

I heard online that the government is running a special in January.  If she were to buy three boxes of tea bags and dump them down the toilet, she gets an expedited USC, for free!!  :rofl: 

Wherever you can live that you are all happy, and your money goes farther, that is where I recommend going.  I hope to be looking for that place in a major way in less than 10 years.  Doing it slowly now. (Belize, Costa Rica, PI, Thailand, etc.)

We would gladly move to Thailand in the future. It's where we met and we love it. That would be hard with family though.

Our money definitely wouldn't go further in the UK. That is more about what we are willing to give up for other things. I'll take a salary cut, but we still want to do it. She's not really happy here.

Filed: Timeline
1 hour ago, bcking said:

We would gladly move to Thailand in the future. It's where we met and we love it. That would be hard with family though.

Our money definitely wouldn't go further in the UK. That is more about what we are willing to give up for other things. I'll take a salary cut, but we still want to do it. She's not really happy here.

Sorry to hear she is unhappy here.  Hopefully, you will be happier there, and life will be better for your family.  

Just now, Satisfied said:

Sorry to hear she is unhappy here.  Hopefully, you will be happier there, and life will be better for your family.  

I'm probably being overly negative. Our first kid is arriving in the next couple weeks, she has a job that pays well and requires far less effort and stress than her old job, we have a nice house.

We're happy for now. But long term she has said multiple times she doesn't want her children in US public schools. So we either pay for private or we go elsewhere.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, bcking said:

I'm probably being overly negative. Our first kid is arriving in the next couple weeks, she has a job that pays well and requires far less effort and stress than her old job, we have a nice house.

We're happy for now. But long term she has said multiple times she doesn't want her children in US public schools. So we either pay for private or we go elsewhere.

Private.  Btw, not all US public school systems are bad and I hear the cost for a small cottage in the UK is on par with San Francisco but maybe that is just in the greater London area.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline

Back to the topic at hand.  I loved this headline from the transparent meeting yesterday, I guess transparency in Washington is extraordinary.  If anyone gets the chance, watch the video and Senator Schumer and Representative Pelosi's mannerisms when they realize the press is not leaving.  I am not a great fan of some of President Trump's actions (particularly his tweeting), but he is certainly comfortable being open and transparent in the discussions with the titular heads of the Democrat party.

Trump’s extraordinary Oval Office squabble with Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi, annotated

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/11/trumps-extraordinary-oval-office-squabble-with-chuck-schumer-nancy-pelosi-annotated/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a90f682b110b

Edited by Bill & Katya

44 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Back to the topic at hand.  I loved this headline from the transparent meeting yesterday, I guess transparency in Washington is extraordinary.  If anyone gets the chance, watch the video and Senator Schumer and Representative Pelosi's mannerisms when they realize the press is not leaving.  I am not a great fan of some of President Trump's actions (particularly his tweeting), but he is certainly comfortable being open and transparent in the discussions with the titular heads of the Democrat party.

Trump’s extraordinary Oval Office squabble with Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi, annotated

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/11/trumps-extraordinary-oval-office-squabble-with-chuck-schumer-nancy-pelosi-annotated/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.a90f682b110b

Mango had a large tantrum, that was hilarious. Mike Pence, what was the point of him being there. He did nothing, at one point I thought he was a statue.

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

r44r7ki_GMBRKP4PD1omPyzemgZmJmQq63xmH0crntw.jpg?auto=webp&s=60fc5b75565a89f3ba797699ba131cb8220b9178

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

Timeline
2 hours ago, JimandChristy said:

Mango had a large tantrum, that was hilarious. Mike Pence, what was the point of him being there. He did nothing, at one point I thought he was a statue.

Did you watch it?  I guess not,.  It was Schumer and Pelosi that were having the tantrums because they are completely against transparency.  I think Nancy asked at least 4 times to send the press away and Chuck at least once or twice.  I suppose you might actually believe it when the Democrats talk about transparency, I guess that is only sometimes.  Trump follows the US Constitution, he allows the press to see the discussions/debates, etc. quite refreshing and a far cry from the supposed dictator tag he has been painted with by the biased mainstream media and the extreme leftist followers.

2 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Did you watch it?  I guess not,.  It was Schumer and Pelosi that were having the tantrums because they are completely against transparency.  I think Nancy asked at least 4 times to send the press away and Chuck at least once or twice.  I suppose you might actually believe it when the Democrats talk about transparency, I guess that is only sometimes.  Trump follows the US Constitution, he allows the press to see the discussions/debates, etc. quite refreshing and a far cry from the supposed dictator tag he has been painted with by the biased mainstream media and the extreme leftist followers.

And that was the tell. Why were they so afraid of the press and open govt.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

And that was the tell. Why were they so afraid of the press and open govt.

Chuck and Nancy only want transparency on their terms, they want to make disparaging statements with no rebuttals, they looked totally in-prepared in that meeting with their only thought is we are going to blame any shut-down on Trump, well he beat them to it and took it on.  I still do not know why everyone is so afraid of the federal government shutting down.