Dashinka

Pelosi: Democrats Are Not Going To Fund Trump's "Immoral" Border Wall

90 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
27 minutes ago, bcking said:

You were comparing putting a wall up on our border to a prison wall. You, my good friend, made the connection. Well, attempted to make a connection. I was merely pointing out how it fails horribly.

You also would have had the answer to your question if you had actually read the sentence you quoted. That should be a bare minimum requirement when you quote something, but I guess nobody is "perfect". 

my point was to rebut your claim that walls don't work, and gave an example.

you chose to suggest putting a wall around mexico.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

3 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

my point was to rebut your claim that walls don't work, and gave an example.

you chose to suggest putting a wall around mexico.

Prison walls aren't anything similar to border walls.

Your logic was embarrassingly flawed to the point of ridiculousness.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, bcking said:

Prison walls aren't anything similar to border walls.

Your logic was embarrassingly flawed to the point of ridiculousness.

so you say.  how many prison walls and border walls have you compared?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

2 minutes ago, Ban Hammer said:

so you say.  how many prison walls and border walls have you compared?

None because, as I said, the comparison is ridiculous and pointless. Comparing them would not provide any insight to the efficacy of either one. Waste of time.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, bcking said:

None because, as I said, the comparison is ridiculous and pointless. Comparing them would not provide any insight to the efficacy of either one. Waste of time.

so you don't have any personal experience or knowledge to back up your statement. 

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline
8 hours ago, bcking said:

But we'll have a wall, and it will be glorious. We'll have no illegal immigration, poverty will be solved, white people will feel powerful again. It'll bring us back to happier times.

:rofl:

Do you think the US should just open her borders?

7 hours ago, bcking said:

I can say unequivocally that prison walls/fences are 95.23% effective at preventing unwanted trespass.

14 hours ago, Satisfied said:

Do you think the US should just open her borders?

Literally or figuratively?

I believe in immigration laws, respecting them and enforcing them. I think we could do a lot to improve those laws and reduce illegal immigration.

I don't think a literally wall along the southern border is going to get us much bang for our buck. It'll end up costing billions of dollars to build, and billions more in maintenance and at the end of the day we'll still have a problem with illegal immigration and we'll move onto the next idea to solve it after a collosal waste of money.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, bcking said:

I believe in immigration laws, respecting them and enforcing them. I think we could do a lot to improve those laws and reduce illegal immigration.

I don't think a literally wall along the southern border is going to get us much bang for our buck. It'll end up costing billions of dollars to build, and billions more in maintenance and at the end of the day we'll still have a problem with illegal immigration and we'll move onto the next idea to solve it after a collosal waste of money.

Maybe Mexico and the US can team up and build the wall at the Mexico southern border.  It wouldn’t cost as much, and considering most of the huge caravans are not Mexican in origin, it could possibly help both countries.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

On 12/7/2018 at 2:53 PM, Chris Duffy said:

The Wall In Israel seems to be pretty darn effective.

As are the walls around the homes of many that call the wall unjust 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
15 hours ago, Satisfied said:

I can say unequivocally that prison walls/fences are 95.23% effective at preventing unwanted trespass.

I think there is a 94.56% chance that statistic is made up

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

1 hour ago, The Nature Boy said:

A wall around a complex or a home is very different from a wall between two soverign nations.

It is quite depressing how difficult that is for some people to grasp.

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
30 minutes ago, bcking said:

A wall around a complex or a home is very different from a wall between two soverign nations.

not sure if you got the memo, nothing matters anymore

I cannot calculate the curve and complete the figure by the experience of sight; I can divine it by conscience. But from what I see I am sure it bends towards justice -Theodore Parker

1 hour ago, The Nature Boy said:

If they want to practice what they preach they should leave the front door of their house wide open to anyone who wants to enter.

35 minutes ago, bcking said:

There are some differences but their are also similarities. For example if you leave your front door open and invite anyone in most people won't cause problems but eventually your gonna get a criminal who robs you blind. Same thing with the border. Most people who cross will be law abiding but it's the small group of criminals that are the problem.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

3 hours ago, bcking said:

Thanks, I couldn't remember your stance on the topic.  At the present moment, I think Keith is the only member who advocates for open borders.

Yes, we have many laws against illegal immigration.  Very similar to all the gun laws we have.  Sadly, no one seems able to put a dent in either problem.  More laws (or a wall) won't change much.  As an example, the illegal maid for Trump,  who admitted she is illegal, should be deported immediately.   Use her as an example, and work on the other 13 million, one or two at a time.