Smashy

k1 filers - NOV-DEC 2018 NOA2-->Consulate.

628 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone! 
Happy to have found this thread. 
Consulate received my package on December 31st, then my CEAC 'ready' status changed again on Jan 7th. 
I sent in my P3 on Jan 14th without receiving my P3 letter. 
CEAC status changed again on Jan 16th and I also received an email back from the consulate saying: 

Good Morning,

We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail and the additional documentation provided.

We will forward your information to the visa unit. As soon as they review your documentation the visa unit will advise you of the next step.

Sincerely,

OP13

Correspondence Unit | Immigrant Visa

U.S. Consulate General in Montreal

Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov

So here's hoping that's a good sign that I didn't jump the gun and send my P3 stuff in too soon, and that I will receive my P4 email any time now. 🤞

K1 & K2:
I129f Sent: March 23, 2018

NOA1: March 29, 2018
RFE: September 29, 2018
RFE reply: October 12, 2018 (Re-sent USC birth certificate and beneficiary's divorce certificate)
NOA2: November 03, 2018 (219 days from NOA1)
NVC Received: November 23, 2018 (20 days from NOA2)

NVC Case Number: December 07, 2018 (14 days from NVC received)
NVC Left: December 26, 2018 (19 days from NVC case number)
Consulate Received: December 31, 2018 (5 days from NVC left)
CEAC status 'Ready': January 7, 2019 (7 days from consulate received)
P3 Sent: January 14, 2019 (7 days from 'Ready')
P4 Received: February 1, 2019 (18 days from P3 sent)
Interview: March 13, 2019- APPROVED! (40 days from P4; 349 days from NOA1)
Visa in Hand: June 3, 2019 (82 days since interview)

(Guaranteed delivery date March 21, 2019- Canada Post "lost" my package)
                               Passports/Visas officially declared "lost": April 15, 2019 (33 days since interview)
                               Reapply for new passports: April 16, 2019 (34 days since interview)

Received New Passports: April 29, 2019 (47 days since interview)
                               New Passports Delivered to Consulate: May 2, 2019 (50 days since interview)
                               USC Contacted State Senator to request inquiry: May 23, 2019 (71 days since interview)

POE: June 20, 2019
Marriage: August 13, 2019

AOS

I-485, I-765, I-131 Sent: September 9, 2019
I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA1: September 16, 2019
I-485, I-165 Biometrics: October 10, 2019
I-485 Case update- ready to be scheduled for interview : November 8, 2019

I-485 Case update- Interview has been scheduled: November 13, 2019 (Dallas, Tx)
Interview:

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
7 hours ago, EdmoAm said:

Hi Everyone! 
Consulate received my package on December 31st, then my CEAC 'ready' status changed again on Jan 7th. 
CEAC status changed again on Jan 16th and I also received an email back from the consulate saying: 

So here's hoping that's a good sign that I didn't jump the gun and send my P3 stuff in too soon, and that I will receive my P4 email any time now. 🤞

Ugh, now I'm tempted.  Anyone else from the Dec. 31st cohort want to test the waters (I'm a chicken haha).

Timeline

My USPS incoming mail shows a letter from "US Consulate General - IV Unit" in New York.. could this be Packet 3?  Postmarked 1/14 so should be arriving any day now. 

(Also it was sent to me, Petitioner, instead of the Beneficiary..? or is she getting one too?)

Edited by raptora

Timeline
6 minutes ago, raptora said:

My USPS incoming mail shows a letter from "US Consulate General - IV Unit" in New York.. could this be Packet 3?  Postmarked 1/14 so should be arriving any day now. 

(Also it was sent to me, Petitioner, instead of the Beneficiary..? or is she getting one too?)

It seems weird that it's coming to you in the US vs. to the beneficiary.  But fingers crossed that it's your P3.

Our case updated today...I'm fingers crossed over here that it's our P3.

2 hours ago, raptora said:

Yup that's P3! You should both get one. Her's will be a larger envelope and prob include a copy of your approved I-129f, at least that's how it was for us.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

12 hours ago, EdmoAm said:

Hi Everyone! 

That's the response we got after sending in P3 when it was officially ready so hopefully they were ready for yours. :) Not sure if that message also gets sent out before the "dont send us P3 yet!" responses.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

Timeline

Hello,

Our case updated also changed to today's date. Would it be ok to send our P3 today? 

I read somewhere that someone sent their P3 as soon as their status changed to current date and they got a response back with p4. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Hook_Grapp said:

Hello,

Our case updated also changed to today's date. Would it be ok to send our P3 today? 

I read somewhere that someone sent their P3 as soon as their status changed to current date and they got a response back with p4. 

Do it so I’m not alone. #peerpressure

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone signed up and created an account on the https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv website before actually receiving P4? 
I'm curious to see what it looks like, but don't want to do anything to get a "it's too soon" notice or worse since the first page says: 
(nothing has made me more paranoid with my actions than going through this journey.. haha)

Please select the condition that applies to you:

• I have received a Consular interview appointment date from the National Visa Center (NVC) or the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) and I have been instructed to register my appointment on this site.
  • I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to register or schedule a K visa appointment.
  • I have received a letter from the consular section with instructions to schedule an immigrant visa appointment.
  • I have received a letter to register or schedule a Diversity Lottery visa appointment.
  • None of the above

K1 & K2:
I129f Sent: March 23, 2018

NOA1: March 29, 2018
RFE: September 29, 2018
RFE reply: October 12, 2018 (Re-sent USC birth certificate and beneficiary's divorce certificate)
NOA2: November 03, 2018 (219 days from NOA1)
NVC Received: November 23, 2018 (20 days from NOA2)

NVC Case Number: December 07, 2018 (14 days from NVC received)
NVC Left: December 26, 2018 (19 days from NVC case number)
Consulate Received: December 31, 2018 (5 days from NVC left)
CEAC status 'Ready': January 7, 2019 (7 days from consulate received)
P3 Sent: January 14, 2019 (7 days from 'Ready')
P4 Received: February 1, 2019 (18 days from P3 sent)
Interview: March 13, 2019- APPROVED! (40 days from P4; 349 days from NOA1)
Visa in Hand: June 3, 2019 (82 days since interview)

(Guaranteed delivery date March 21, 2019- Canada Post "lost" my package)
                               Passports/Visas officially declared "lost": April 15, 2019 (33 days since interview)
                               Reapply for new passports: April 16, 2019 (34 days since interview)

Received New Passports: April 29, 2019 (47 days since interview)
                               New Passports Delivered to Consulate: May 2, 2019 (50 days since interview)
                               USC Contacted State Senator to request inquiry: May 23, 2019 (71 days since interview)

POE: June 20, 2019
Marriage: August 13, 2019

AOS

I-485, I-765, I-131 Sent: September 9, 2019
I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA1: September 16, 2019
I-485, I-165 Biometrics: October 10, 2019
I-485 Case update- ready to be scheduled for interview : November 8, 2019

I-485 Case update- Interview has been scheduled: November 13, 2019 (Dallas, Tx)
Interview:

event.png

Timeline
22 hours ago, MeghanK said:

Yup that's P3! You should both get one. Her's will be a larger envelope and prob include a copy of your approved I-129f, at least that's how it was for us.

Confirmed it was P3! Lawyer is handling it, indicates it will be done through email.  Letter says up to 6 weeks to process once we send, but seems like some folks were getting it pretty fast? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, uhohmel said:

is there anything bad that happens if you send in P3 before they are ready for it?

our case was 'ready' status on dec 31st, and we still have not received anything.

it was last updated on January 16th and i am very tempted to just send in the P3 and cross my fingers.

You'll get an email like this:  

Good Afternoon,

Please be advised that your fiancé (e) visa application is being processed in our office, you will be contacted with information on your next steps to take to continue processing your K-1 Fiancé Visa, as soon as our Visa Unit it ready to process your case.

As mentioned in our previous correspondence please do not send your Packet 3 documents till the Visa Unit advises you to do so, and you are not eligible at this time to book an appointment online until you receive further instructions.

Sincerely,

OP03

Correspondence Unit

US Consulate General in Montreal

They love this email.  They will even send it to you when you didn't send them P3 and emailed them for an entirely different reason.

Pretty sure that @R0n got this twice before being accepted the third time.  

I'm on team roll the dice.  Join me.

Timeline

So we got an email from the consulate. Apparently they need further proof of my fiance's citizen status. (she's PR of canada). She sent a copy of her PR card, now we're hoping to hear back soon. 

image.thumb.png.cbb2209dc1cbba2c3f1d20be629e01cd.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, d24v said:

IT WAS P3!  I GOT MY PACKET 4 20 MINUTES AGO!!!

Interview is booked!!! Only February date available was the 27th so I grabbed it.

Congrats! Did you see how busy March was? We were hoping to be able to slam through everything and have her moved by end of March but at this rate I'm starting to think her interview will be March and move in April.. 

Edited by raptora

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.