KP1995

I-864 Question

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
6 minutes ago, KP1995 said:

I have sibling (my brother) who is willing to help. His income in 2017 is above the poverty line but not enough in 2016 and 2015. How should I use his income to help me meet the poverty line for 2016 and 2015? 

You don't.  Find somebody who has qualifying current income AND qualifying income in the past three years.  2017 is the past.  CURRENT income does not come from a tax return, unless the person is "self employed".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

You don't.  Find somebody who has qualifying current income AND qualifying income in the past three years.  2017 is the past.  CURRENT income does not come from a tax return, unless the person is "self employed".

His current income is way above the poverty line and same for 2017. It's just not enough in 2016 and 2015. I don't have anyone else to who can help me besides him.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, KP1995 said:

His current income is way above the poverty line and same for 2017. It's just not enough in 2016 and 2015. I don't have anyone else to who can help me besides him.

Then visa approval is at risk in Mumbai.  All you can do is the best you can do.  Sometimes it's not enough.  I hope it is, for you.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

8 hours ago, KP1995 said:

I have questions about I 864 requirements. I submitted I 864 and is approved by NVC. Our interview location is Mumbai. I am making over $30,000/year currently, but my income in 2017 was around $25,000, 2016 was $15,000 and 2015 was $10,000. I submitted all threes years of W2, tax returns, pay stubs for last 6 months, and bank statement balance showing over $40,000. 

Will I be required to submit joint sponser or is this enough to get my visa approved? 

Also, I have not received my visa date yet. CC Complete Nov. 21, 2018.

Check the federal poverty guidelines for 2018 ,if you are family of two i think you will be good with 30,000 income.

1 hour ago, Mr & Mrs said:

Check the federal poverty guidelines for 2018 ,if you are family of two i think you will be good with 30,000 income.

Not true in all cases. It wasn’t the case for me and few others. It really depends on who’s interviewing you. Even when you exceed the poverty guideline, CO asks for joint sponsor. 🤷🏻‍♀️

8 hours ago, Mr & Mrs said:

Some embassies and consulates are picker than others.  

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Since my brother is ready to help me meet the income requirements for past 3 years and he lives with me in the same house, what form does he need to fill out? Is it 864A or just I 864? Because his income alone for 2015 won't be enough. His income is way above the povery lines in 2016 and 2017 as well as his current income. Can someone please assist me if we need to fill out I 864A or just I 864? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, KP1995 said:

Since my brother is ready to help me meet the income requirements for past 3 years and he lives with me in the same house, what form does he need to fill out? Is it 864A or just I 864? Because his income alone for 2015 won't be enough. His income is way above the povery lines in 2016 and 2017 as well as his current income. Can someone please assist me if we need to fill out I 864A or just I 864? 

The I-864 is probably going to be OK in this situation but not assured.  If you do the I-864a, that will be more sure, but then you need to redo the figures on YOUR I-864 to combine his income with yours.  Only do that if it makes the combined income qualify for 2015.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

The I-864 is probably going to be OK in this situation but not assured.  If you do the I-864a, that will be more sure, but then you need to redo the figures on YOUR I-864 to combine his income with yours.  Only do that if it makes the combined income qualify for 2015.

I have already submitted my I 864 so I can't change the figures on mine. What are my options? 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, KP1995 said:

I have already submitted my I 864 so I can't change the figures on mine. What are my options? 

Take a new one to the interview along with your brothers.  Your other option is to file your 2018 return as soon as possible, perhaps before the interview, and take an updated affidavit and supporting documentation to the interview.  You should be able to do this as long as your interview is not too early in February, to get the return filed.  That way, you are not stating 2015 income for either of you.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Take a new one to the interview along with your brothers.  Your other option is to file your 2018 return as soon as possible, perhaps before the interview, and take an updated affidavit and supporting documentation to the interview.  You should be able to do this as long as your interview is not too early in February, to get the return filed.  That way, you are not stating 2015 income for either of you.

I don't have the interview date yet. I am still waiting for that...Do I need to fill out new I 864 for both of us or just I 864 for me and I 864A for him?

Timeline
1 minute ago, KP1995 said:

I don't have the interview date yet. I am still waiting for that...Do I need to fill out new I 864 for both of us or just I 864 for me and I 864A for him?

Apply the conditions I gave earlier to that decision.  Since your affidavit is already in, I would do nothing until you know your interview date.  If it's after early February, won't you qualify on your own for all three years?  If not, surely your brother will.  That would mean I-864 forms for each of you including 16 through 18 information in the tax sections.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
1 minute ago, pushbrk said:

Apply the conditions I gave earlier to that decision.  Since your affidavit is already in, I would do nothing until you know your interview date.  If it's after early February, won't you qualify on your own for all three years?  If not, surely your brother will.  That would mean I-864 forms for each of you including 16 through 18 information in the tax sections.

Okay, thank you very much for this info! 😊

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.