mich923

K1 Visa denied at Islamabad Embassy

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, mich923 said:

Not that I'm aware of. It was a straight forward divorce. 

What about any red flags? Are you Pakistani? religious differences? age differences?

How did you come to know each other? How much face time have you had

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

23 minutes ago, Kastrs said:

What about any red flags? Are you Pakistani? religious differences? age differences?

How did you come to know each other? How much face time have you had

30 minutes ago, mich923 said:

Not that I'm aware of. It was a straight forward divorce. 

To play devil’s advocate, he wouldn’t tell you if she withdrew the petition because she realized it was a GC marriage. How much do you know about this marriage - how they met, how long they were married for, reasons for divorce, etc?

the above questions form kastrs (length of relationship, differences etc) matter. I know Pakistan is difficult, but I also find it difficult to believe COs accuse people of lying without any basis for that.  Your best bet is proper proof of a real relationship. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There are clues in past posts but best for the OP to list the details.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
32 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

To play devil’s advocate, he wouldn’t tell you if she withdrew the petition because she realized it was a GC marriage. How much do you know about this marriage - how they met, how long they were married for, reasons for divorce, etc?

the above questions form kastrs (length of relationship, differences etc) matter. I know Pakistan is difficult, but I also find it difficult to believe COs accuse people of lying without any basis for that.  Your best bet is proper proof of a real relationship. 

Yes I am aware of that, but from what he told me was she cheated on him and wanted to marry someone else, that's why he divorced her. And she said she withdrew the application. 

My fiance and I met in 2015 on an anonymous app called Whisper so I don't believe our case would be fraudulent. We are also figuring out other details on what to do next. We have discussed me moving there.

My mom came to meet him and his family in Pakistan which we brought as proof. We do have different cultural and religious backgrounds, and he is 5 years older with no children.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Boiler said:

I was noticing that too 

Spoiler

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Boiler said:

What clues in past posts? Unfortunately I don't have every detail as my fiance is still traveling home. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, mich923 said:

Yes I am aware of that, but from what he told me was she cheated on him and wanted to marry someone else, that's why he divorced her. And she said she withdrew the application. 

DO you have confirmation of exactly what was provided for that withdrawal? Perhaps the Ex has another side of the story and provided some information to that effect with the withdrawal. 

My fiance and I met in 2015 on an anonymous app called Whisper so I don't believe our case would be fraudulent. this would certainly be considered a non conventional way to meet in Pakistan and would raise a flag

We are also figuring out other details on what to do next. We have discussed me moving there.

My mom came to meet him and his family in Pakistan which we brought as proof. We do have different cultural and religious backgrounds, red flag and red flag and he is 5 years older with no children.

how much facetime have you had how many visits 

how long was your relationship before you got serious/filed

also maybe run through everything with your fiance again, make sure you have all the details

37 minutes ago, mich923 said:

Spoiler

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
18 minutes ago, mich923 said:

What clues in past posts? Unfortunately I don't have every detail as my fiance is still traveling home. 

Often we have very little information, so one way of trying to get a feel is to go through past posts to see if there are any clues on the overall situation. Obviously not ideal but sometimes all we have.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
8 hours ago, mich923 said:

Hello everyone,

My fiance had his interview and his visa was denied at the embassy in Islamabad today. He said the consulate officer was very rude when asking questions. And at the end of the interview, the officer said he was lying because he had a previous petition with his ex, in which she withdrew the petition and my fiance divorced her. This happened 6 years ago. The officer returned all original documents and his passport at the interview. And said the case will be returned to the NVC.

Is there anything we can do before that happens? Or is the next step to just get married and file an I-130?

This is heartbreaking. Did the CO asked and looked at the evidence of ongoing relationship?

Not sure why would CO made a comment about lying regarding previous marriage/divorce if it was properly disclosed. Do you know if the previous marriage was also with someone with the different cultural and religious background? 

8 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

You might find it difficult to believe, but they accuse people all the time of lying. You must not know a thing about the Pakistan Embassy. That is one of their most common tactics--accusing the person of lying about being married, being divorced, whatever lies they can come up with. They are arrogant and abusive. They terrorize people in a small room, screaming and yelling in their faces, throwing papers in their faces and screaming insults until they break them down. And btw, this is not my opinion, it's my husband and other's experiences. They hire locals to terrorize their own people in that little room. That way, the American CO's "keep their hands clean" while they watch the abuse.  And, of course, they conveniently don't record interviews. Why would they not do that in this day and age? No evidence of their abuse.  They nearly destroyed my husband's confidence, as he is a mild and meek kind of guy who is very respectful of others and has never been screamed at before. He is a well-respected businessman there (and still has 2 small businesses there), but moved to Dubai for a great job. Thank God, because he is finally regaining his physical health also. He was expecting an interview. What he got was a terrorist inquisition.  If you think I am not telling the truth, I don't care. God knows the truth. I have heard way too many other stories of abuse from lots of other people. They are just too embarrassed to talk about it on here because people automatically assume there is something wrong with them. Those that have suffered through that know that these are not interviews, they are assaults on a person's character.

Edited by Love To Teach

Timeline
7 hours ago, Baz20 said:

This is heartbreaking. Did the CO asked and looked at the evidence of ongoing relationship?

Not sure why would CO made a comment about lying regarding previous marriage/divorce if it was properly disclosed. Do you know if the previous marriage was also with someone with the different cultural and religious background? 

The CO tried to convince my fiance that he was lying, but my fiance said he isn't lying. Then the CO started asking why we didn't get married sooner? Then asked how we met? The CO said he is sending the application back. 

1 hour ago, Love To Teach said:

And, of course, they conveniently don't record interviews. Why would they not do that in this day and age? 

My immigrant visa interview wasn’t recorded either. I don’t think any of them are. You may think it’s to cover up abuse, but it’s just normal.

if things are really so terrible as you say, such as  that they hire locals to terrorize interviewees, there must be very many US citizens who are relatives of Pakistanis applying for K visas or immigrant visas lodging complaints with their senators and congresspeople each year? There were over 11000 issued immigrant visas from Pakistan last year, presumably more interviewed, that must be thousands of complaints? With nothing done?

1 hour ago, SusieQQQ said:

My immigrant visa interview wasn’t recorded either. I don’t think any of them are. You may think it’s to cover up abuse, but it’s just normal.

Sorry if I'm changing subject now but the GC interview is recorded though isn't it? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
57 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

if things are really so terrible as you say, such as  that they hire locals to terrorize interviewees, there must be very many US citizens who are relatives of Pakistanis applying for K visas or immigrant visas lodging complaints with their senators and congresspeople each year? There were over 11000 issued immigrant visas from Pakistan last year, presumably more interviewed, that must be thousands of complaints? With nothing done?

I don't know about thousands of complaints.   Or how many they treat this way (its just a select few not all) but I do know it is known.  An attorney I consulted with when I completed my I130 warned me of this happening as did an attorney I consulted when I was getting ready to submit my rebuttal.   They are very well aware of the scare tactics this embassy uses to scare people into admitting things.   I have been in contact with my local congressman since our first interview he is very well aware of everything we have gone through from that point on.  I won't use the word terrorizing but it is an interrogation and for someone who is completely innocent it can be extremely confusing.   They took me in that room after interrogating my husband trying to get him to admit his divorce papers were fake.   When it was my turn they questioned me repeatedly if I was excepting money from him and mocking me on my small wedding (compared to his first marraige).  None of those items were mentioned on the NOIR by the way.   

I understand this embassy sees a lot of fraud but there are some who are completely innocent and being affected. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Londonergirl said:

Sorry if I'm changing subject now but the GC interview is recorded though isn't it? 

Mine wasn't.  Don't think it's common for that, either.

Applied for Naturalization based on 5-year Residency - 96 Days To Complete Citizenship!

July 14, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed online

July 21, 2017 (Day 07) -  NOA Receipt received in the mail

July 22, 2017 (Day 08) - Biometrics appointment scheduled online, letter mailed out

July 25, 2017 (Day 11) - Biometrics PDF posted online

July 28, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics letter received in the mail, appointment for 08/08/17

Aug 08, 2017 (Day 24) - Biometrics (fingerprinting) completed

Aug 14, 2017 (Day 30) - Online EGOV status shows "Interview Scheduled, will mail appointment letter"

Aug 16, 2017 (Day 32) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Interview Scheduled, read the letter we mailed you..."

Aug 17, 2017 (Day 33) - Interview Appointment Letter PDF posted online---GOT AN INTERVIEW DATE!!!

Aug 21, 2017 (Day 37) - Interview Appointment Letter received in the mail, appointment for 09/27/17

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Naturalization Interview--- read my experience here

Sep. 27, 2017 (Day 74) - Online MYUSCIS status shows "Oath Ceremony Notice mailed"

Sep. 28, 2017 (Day 75) - Oath Ceremony Letter PDF posted online--Ceremony for 10/19/17

Oct. 02, 2017 (Day 79) -  Oath Ceremony Letter received in the mail

Oct. 19, 2017 (Day 96) -  Oath Ceremony-- read my experience here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.