mich923

K1 Visa denied at Islamabad Embassy

57 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

This part though...   I hope and pray one day you pay for someone else's mistake,  One day you watch other people get something that you can't have because of your race or your religion  and it all just be part of the process.

are you now playing the race card?

9 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

If you wanted a second interview, would you complain?  So are you saying I'm lying and this only happened to us? Ask yourself why they use the locals to harass the person? Don't you find it a little odd that it's never the Americans? At least, that is the way it has been to all of the people I have talked to. My husband's lawyers in Pakistan and the UK say this happens all the time to people at that embassy. Do you think you know more about it than they do? By the way, I find your attitude really offensive. If you had been treated that way, you wouldn't be so smug.

The people I know are afraid to file complaints because they will be retaliated against, especially if they get a second interview.. When you complain, you get a pat answer basically saying too bad, go see your local office, where they will say the same thing. "Sorry, the CO has the final word. Nothing we can do about it." The people I know are afraid to file a complaint. Ask them why. Did you go through that embassy? 

The thing is, the person should have a civil interview, not a terrorizing "criminal" assault. The embassy's own guidelines state that they CO is to be respectful of the person, never attack nor harass. THAT's my point.

I’m not accusing anyone of lying. I’m just surprised that if this practice is prevalent, that thousands upon thousands of US citizens are apparently just accepting that their loved ones are being terrorized in US premises and not raising a stink about it. Yes, sure, I can understand that you don’t want to rock the boat when your fiancé/spouse/family member wants another interview - but once they’ve got their visas and landed in the US, why not complain then? 11000 Pakistanis a year immigrate. If this practice is widespread, then surely a large number of them have suffered it. Why do their US citizen relatives not complain to the authorities, once their loved ones are safe in the US and out of reach of the consulates  in Pakistan?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
15 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I’m not accusing anyone of lying. I’m just surprised that if this practice is prevalent, that thousands upon thousands of US citizens are apparently just accepting that their loved ones are being terrorized in US premises and not raising a stink about it. Yes, sure, I can understand that you don’t want to rock the boat when your fiancé/spouse/family member wants another interview - but once they’ve got their visas and landed in the US, why not complain then? 11000 Pakistanis a year immigrate. If this practice is widespread, then surely a large number of them have suffered it. Why do their US citizen relatives not complain to the authorities, once their loved ones are safe in the US and out of reach of the consulates  in Pakistan?

Happy they got want they want, why go through the trouble or maybe they do it just doesn't get anywhere.  Its about the same equivalent of being interrogated by a detective pretty difficult to do much about unless you can prove emotional distress.   The stories are out there, if you read on here you can see other cases as well.  I read one that was a woman who left the interview in tears.  She did get the visa so at least she got a happy ending.  I think the post was called interview from HELL.   

Edited by Ahmed&Freda
Edited to add a link to an old post

Timeline
26 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

are you now playing the race card?

Statistically what majority get the ds5535?  Which embassies have these types of interviews?  

I understand that these countries have had terrorist but we do too....We  have some pretty sick people right in our own country already..blowing up schools, kidnapping,  murder and we travel just about any where we want.   When traveling I'm never questioned or have my things checked.   

I totally get the security but there has to be a better way.   

My husband is a first born, ESTJ personality so scared to death to get in trouble he's extremely predictable.  Such a easy shell to crack shouldn't take them 2 to 4 years to figure it out.  

1 minute ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

One of issues when it comes to Pakistan regarding security is the PCC. It's just not reliable, which means having to manually do extended checks.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
44 minutes ago, geowrian said:

One of issues when it comes to Pakistan regarding security is the PCC. It's just not reliable, which means having to manually do extended checks.

Yes very well aware of that but not everyone gets extensive checks and wait time varies some waiting 16 months or more with no updates.   AP is a nightmare...and not a new thing for Islamabad embassy cases in 2014 were in AP for extended periods without the ds5535.  

9 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Again, as long as someone is still under the immigration process (green card, removing of conditions, citizenship, etc.) they are afraid to say a word because it could come back to bite them. If you had gone through all of this and FINALLY got a visa, would you bother to go back and file a complaint? Some people are too lazy to do it...they got what they needed, move on, and don't worry about the rest of us. Some are so sick of it, they just try to forget it. How do we know how many complain? We never will because they sure aren't going to tell. 

9 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Statistically what majority get the ds5535?  Which embassies have these types of interviews?  

I understand that these countries have had terrorist but we do too....We  have some pretty sick people right in our own country already..blowing up schools, kidnapping,  murder and we travel just about any where we want.   When traveling I'm never questioned or have my things checked.   

My husband is a first born, ESTJ personality so scared to death to get in trouble he's extremely predictable.  Such a easy shell to crack shouldn't take them 2 to 4 years to figure it out.  

Freda, you know those are the ones they try to intimidate. You met my husband. Does he seem like the criminal type? lol   That's what surprised him so and got him so rattled. He's never been in trouble, is never a hothead, and is a well-respected businessman. Again, he expected an interview, he got a verbal assault. I don't know if getting in your face and screaming is now an acceptable way to interview. Apparently from the comments here, it is. How about the man who was threatened with hanging? How about  a man who gets his papers literally thrown in his face? How about being accused of paying for your papers and having religious insults screamed at you? You know the truth. I wonder what some of these other smug people would do in the same situation. You playing the race card? That's really a good one....

Edited by Love To Teach

Timeline
2 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

Freda, you know those are the ones they try to intimidate. You met my husband. Does he seem like the criminal type? lol   That's what surprised him so and got him so rattled. He's never been in trouble, is never a hothead, and is a well-respected businessman. Again, he expected an interview, he got a verbal assault. I don't know if getting in your face and screaming is now an acceptable way to interview. Apparently from the comments here, it is. How about the man who was threatened with hanging? How about  a man who gets his papers literally thrown in his face? How about being accused of paying for your papers and having religious insults screamed at you? You know the truth. I wonder what some of these other smug people would do in the same situation.

You playing the race card? That's really a good one.... Yes I just laughed... What can you do?  Lol  If you just take some time to read over some Pakistani's post you'll see the difference.   There are a few members on here that immediately give a smug remark.   I have to say I love this site and there are so many great helpful people here but there are a handful that will quickly judge.    With comments like "its a privileged not a right" "this is just the way it is" "if you don't like it you can always move to Pakistan" without any consideration of the hard times these people are going through.      I won't get into all the propaganda but you'll never get me to believe these people are not suffering because of their race and religion.    Our country is amazing and strong but there is always an agenda behind the actions and its not what people think it is.

Edited by Ahmed&Freda

2 hours ago, Love To Teach said:

would you bother to go back and file a complaint? Some people are too lazy to do it...they got what they needed, move on, and don't worry about the rest of us. Some are so sick of it, they just try to forget it. . 

11 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

Happy they got want they want, why go through the trouble

Well those are depressing responses for a number of reasons not necessary to go into in detail, but I’d just point out that the history of successful human rights/civil rights movements involves people standing up for others even though they themselves are not affected.  

good luck all of you with your processes.

58 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Well those are depressing responses for a number of reasons not necessary to go into in detail, but I’d just point out that the history of successful human rights/civil rights movements involves people standing up for others even though they themselves are not affected.  

good luck all of you with your processes.

Exactly. I'm a teacher, and I teach my kids not to be "bystanders" when someone else is getting bullied. If I can't or won't do the same thing, how can I ask them to do it? Yeah, it's scary, BUT it's the right thing to do. I know we have a target on our backs, but at this point, I don't care. It's the right thing to do because what they are doing is wrong in every way, and somebody has to stand up and say "Enough!" Thanks for the encouragement!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Because of multiple Terms of Service violations, this thread is now locked.

Do NOT transport its drama into current or future threads.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.