CuriousPetitioner

Form DS-260 completed and all feeds paid. Interview date pending.

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello. My wife and I filed paperwork back in November of 2017 for her to get her green card. We had been together for 5 years prior to our marriage. The last time she came to the States before our marriage she was hassled at customs because she had been coming to visit the USA on a tourism visa for many years and staying for months at a time. She never overstayed the time allotted but the customs agents in charge gave her a really hard time and said she may not be allowed in the next time she visits before out paperwork is complete. They thought she was working illegally when in fact she was visiting me. This past summer she stayed in Argentina fearing that she would get turned away and that our paperwork would get erased and we would have to start the process all over again.

When we filed our paperwork in November of 2017 our lawyer made it so she could do the interview in her home country of Argentina. We received word from the USCIS in August of 2018 that we were approved for an interview in the consulate in Argentina! Does anyone know how long this leg of the process takes? We have been and waiting for 4 months now without word from the USCIS. Thank you so much. Any information would be great or a point in the right direction.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
10 minutes ago, CuriousPetitioner said:

Hello. My wife and I filed paperwork back in November of 2017 for her to get her green card. We had been together for 5 years prior to our marriage. The last time she came to the States before our marriage she was hassled at customs because she had been coming to visit the USA on a tourism visa for many years and staying for months at a time. She never overstayed the time allotted but the customs agents in charge gave her a really hard time and said she may not be allowed in the next time she visits before out paperwork is complete. They thought she was working illegally when in fact she was visiting me. This past summer she stayed in Argentina fearing that she would get turned away and that our paperwork would get erased and we would have to start the process all over again.

When we filed our paperwork in November of 2017 our lawyer made it so she could do the interview in her home country of Argentina. We received word from the USCIS in August of 2018 that we were approved for an interview in the consulate in Argentina! Does anyone know how long this leg of the process takes? We have been and waiting for 4 months now without word from the USCIS. Thank you so much. Any information would be great or a point in the right direction.  

you filed the I-130 as if your spouse was outside of the USA one would hope, after you get the approval it gets sent to NVC for further processing you pay the required fees there, DS-260 is completed and you upload the supporting documents.

sometimes interview dates just take longer with different embassy,.

just checked on other dates and those who had case completion in October have gotten their interview, so it is best to call NVC to see why you don't have one.

Edited by Khallaf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, CuriousPetitioner said:

We received word from the USCIS in August of 2018 that we were approved for an interview in the consulate in Argentina!

***1.  What did you get from USCIS that said you were approved for an interview?****

2.  "When we filed our paperwork in November of 2017 our lawyer made it so she could do the interview in her home country of Argentina. Your lawyer did not do anything to arrange that.  Interviews must be always be done in the foreign spouses country for a spousal visa.

3.  It sounds like your wife was "hassled" because she was trying to live in the US via a tourist visa...which is abuse of the visa system.  The CBP officers rightfully warned her.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

you filed the I-130 as if your spouse was outside of the USA one would hope, after you get the approval it gets sent to NVC for further processing you pay the required fees there, DS-260 is completed and you upload the supporting documents.

if you haven't done any of that you better first start by calling NVC to get a case # and pay the fees....if it has been since August your Lawyer should have been afforded all this information already.

sometimes interview dates just take longer with different embassy,.

well I think you answered my question. yes everything was filed correctly and everything paid for correctly. our lawyer gave the same response which it is basically out of our hands and we just have to wait. I was just curious to see if this was normal or maybe the political climate could have something to do with it. thanks for responding. 

Timeline
Just now, CuriousPetitioner said:

well I think you answered my question. yes everything was filed correctly and everything paid for correctly. our lawyer gave the same response which it is basically out of our hands and we just have to wait. I was just curious to see if this was normal or maybe the political climate could have something to do with it. thanks for responding. 

What did you receive that said you are approved for an interview?

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, CuriousPetitioner said:

here is the link to other timelines to peek around in

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?op6=All&op66=All&op7=Argentina&op1=3&op2=&dfile=No&op3=5&op4=1&op5=5%2C6%2C8%2C10%2C11%2C13%2C14%2C15%2C16%2C17%2C18%2C20%2C21%2C22%2C25%2C26%2C27%2C28%2C108%2C110%2C111%2C208%2C210%2C211&cfl=0

what date did you actually get the letter that says your case has been documentary qualified? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I'm not sure he ever received that due to this :"We received word from the USCIS in August of 2018 that we were approved for an interview in the consulate in Argentina! "

Timeline
3 minutes ago, missileman said:

***1.  What did you get from USCIS that said you were approved for an interview?****

2.  "When we filed our paperwork in November of 2017 our lawyer made it so she could do the interview in her home country of Argentina. Your lawyer did not do anything to arrange that.  Interviews must be always be done in the foreign spouses country for a spousal visa.

3.  It sounds like your wife was "hassled" because she was trying to live in the US via a tourist visa...which is abuse of the visa system.  The CBP officers rightfully warned her.

1. Sorry, the National Visa Center contacted us. After all forms and dues completed they said our case is now pending on the interview. The interview date has not been set. We have been waiting for 4 months since we got that email for an interview date to be made.

2. True. I worded that incorrectly.

3. She never intended on living in the States until this process is complete. She was visiting me and her new family which is within her legal rights.

Timeline
Just now, CuriousPetitioner said:

1. Sorry, the National Visa Center contacted us. After all forms and dues completed they said our case is now pending on the interview. The interview date has not been set. We have been waiting for 4 months since we got that email for an interview date to be made.

3. She never intended on living in the States until this process is complete. She was visiting me and her new family which is within her legal rights.

what is the date you got the email from NVC?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, CuriousPetitioner said:

The letter we received said "most cases are scheduled for an interview within 3 months".  I would contact NVC and ask the status.

No, it is not her right........a person can be denied entry at ANY time if the officer suspects the person is violating the spirit of a tourist visa....there is no set rule......

Hopefully, she will be scheduled for her interview soon....but I would contact NVC and ask......the normal procedure is for the Argentine consulate to notify NVC of available dates/times, then NVC will assign a date to your wife...good luck.

Edited by missileman

Timeline
2 minutes ago, CuriousPetitioner said:

Aug 17th

I would be on the phone contacting NVC, even with Egypt we received interview letter for my husband at the 3 month mark. seems like you  were missed as others who got case completed or the one that is on VJ has in interview for December and they sent their papers in October.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, missileman said:

The letter we received said "most cases are scheduled for an interview within 3 months".  I would contact NVC and ask the status.

No, it is not her right........a person can be denied entry at ANY time if the officer suspects the person is violating the spirit of a tourist visa....there is no set rule......

Hopefully, she will be scheduled for her interview soon....but I would contact NVC and ask......the normal procedure is for the Argentine consulate to notify NVC of available dates/times, then NVC will assign a date to your wife...good luck.

Thank you for your input. I will be contacting the NVC.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

I would be on the phone contacting NVC, even with Egypt we received interview letter for my husband at the 3 month mark. seems like you  were missed as others who got case completed or the one that is on VJ has in interview for December and they sent their papers in October.

OK thank you. I am going to call them now. Will update you guys

Timeline

Well thanks for getting me on the phone with the NVC. My I-864 was rejected in July. I never noticed that part of the NVC website. To me everything looked fine. I also assumed everything was fine because the lawyer we hired said it was. Apparently they were lazy and never followed up on this. Three months down the drain. Unbelievable. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.