Matthew D. King

What reason make us deny I-130?

17 posts in this topic

Usually denied for not providing correct information or false information.    In your proof of relationship provide a good mix of items.

Are you actually trying to file a K3?  Those aren't usually approved.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Denial of the I-130? Not a whole lot so long as you provide all documents, respond to any RFEs on time, etc.

Examples:

• Not providing a marriage certificate or all past divorce documents.
  • Not being actually legally married.
  • AWA crimes by the petitioner

As for being denied the visa later, there's all kinds of reasons that could happen.

Egypt is very difficult on the bona fide marriage requirement.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

if you were denied, they provided a reason.

what was the reason?

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
6 hours ago, Paul & Mary said:

Usually denied for not providing correct information or false information.    In your proof of relationship provide a good mix of items.

Timeline

I filled I-130 from 6 April 2018 for now never hear any thing... But I send everything to be like good evidence like latter from her family my family friend from around the world I knew them send some latter throw post office and punch of pictures during 3 years and fly tickets and address when we life together in Egypt for 6 month after marriage and Facebook book chat during 3 years.... Some personal decoment.... But some people say may be you get denied? That's why I ask about reasons

Timeline
5 hours ago, geowrian said:

Denial of the I-130? Not a whole lot so long as you provide all documents, respond to any RFEs on time, etc.

Examples:

As for being denied the visa later, there's all kinds of reasons that could happen.

I filled I-130 from 6 April 2018 for now never hear any thing... But I send everything to be like good evidence like latter from her family my family friend from around the world I knew them send some latter throw post office and punch of pictures during 3 years and fly tickets and address when we life together in Egypt for 6 month after marriage and Facebook book chat during 3 years.... Some personal decoment.... But some people say may be you get denied? That's why I ask about reason 

2 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

if you were denied, they provided a reason.

what was the reason?

I filled I-130 from 6 April 2018 for now never hear any thing... But I send everything to be like good evidence like latter from her family my family friend from around the world I knew them send some latter throw post office and punch of pictures during 3 years and fly tickets and address when we life together in Egypt for 6 month after marriage and Facebook book chat during 3 years.... Some personal decoment.... But some people say may be you get denied? That's why I ask about reason 

Timeline
5 hours ago, geowrian said:

Examples:

Are you Beneficiary or Petitioner?

Did the petitioner file the I-130 together with the fee payment, I-130A and all of the documents together to the correct location (lockbox)?  You should not send in additional documentation after you file the petition unless asked to.

Did the petitioner file a G-1145 in order to get notifications electronically?

Did the petitioner receive any NOAs or RFEs?  If it was filed and accepted in April the petitioner should have received a NOA1 shortly after receipt.

Please help us help you by filing out a timeline via your profile.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
12 hours ago, Matthew D. King said:

What reason make us deny I-130? 

We put do many prove but I need make sure nothing wrong

in Egypt there are so many reasons you can be denied, normally USCIS will not deny unless they find there is an issue with the petition it then goes to NVC pay the fees submit evidence, then it goes to interview.

if CO believes there is not a bonafide marriage will denied under 221G could be sent back to NVC 

but there are red flags to over come as well.

Face time and lots of it, pictures with the beneficiary family in Egypt is important, if there is an age difference then A LOT of face time would be important not just a 6 month live together.

if there is no wedding party that would be seen as a red flag.

if you are more than a 15 year age gap look at it being very hard in Egypt to get approved, not impossibl but will be uphill battle more so if the women is considerable older than the man.

If there is a major communication problem, man in Egypt speaks very little to no English,.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
2 hours ago, Khallaf said:

in Egypt there are so many reasons you can be denied, normally USCIS will not deny unless they find there is an issue with the petition it then goes to NVC pay the fees submit evidence, then it goes to interview.

if CO believes there is not a bonafide marriage will denied under 221G could be sent back to NVC 

but there are red flags to over come as well.

Face time and lots of it, pictures with the beneficiary family in Egypt is important, if there is an age difference then A LOT of face time would be important not just a 6 month live together.

if there is no wedding party that would be seen as a red flag.

if you are more than a 15 year age gap look at it being very hard in Egypt to get approved, not impossibl but will be uphill battle more so if the women is considerable older than the man.

If there is a major communication problem, man in Egypt speaks very little to no English,.

Spent time together has more value than facetime. So more visit is better evidence.

And if embassy deny, yes it goes to NVC but than it is sent to the USCIS and the person might respond to the denial.

(Sorry for late edit)

reasons for denial for example: not enough spent time together 

Edited by Tjbox

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Tjbox said:

Spent time together has more value than facetime. So more visit is better evidence.

And if embassy deny, it goes to the USCIS. Not NVC...

it actually goes back to NVC to be sent back to USCIS I just missed completing what I meant

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

it actually goes back to NVC to be sent back to USCIS I just missed completing what I meant

Right. I forgot about the NVC>edited. 

Btw- does the embassy have same info about person being interviewed as uscis/nvc or they have also other info besides what info is obtained at the interview? 

Edited by Tjbox
Edit

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Tjbox said:

Right. I forgot about the NVC>edited. 

Btw- does the embassy have same info about person being interviewed as uscis/nvc or they have also other info besides what info is obtained at the interview? 

they get a package the same you send out to NVC gets scanned in and sent in digital file to each embassy where the interview will take place. NVC also sends a hard copy of all the papers.

It is likely in some embassy more so likely with high fraud counties they do their own investigation into the beneficiary.

I know that in Egypt is has become more and more common since you have a family registry that the men must go to register the wife and get a family registration certification that shows the past and present wife's some have even made home visits.

so it is possible they have more information then either USCIS or NVC have. 

take for example this one the CO had WAY more information about him then USCIS or NVC. and he was brutally caught in some shady business.

Edited by Khallaf

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Khallaf said:

they get a package the same you send out to NVC gets scanned in and sent in digital file to each embassy where the interview will take place. NVC also sends a hard copy of all the papers.

It is likely in some embassy more so likely with high fraud counties they do their own investigation into the beneficiary.

I know that in Egypt is has become more and more common since you have a family registry that the men must go to register the wife and get a family registration certification that shows the past and present wife's some have even made home visits.

so it is possible they have more information then either USCIS or NVC have. 

take for example this one the CO had WAY more information about him then USCIS or NVC. and he was brutally caught in some shady business.

Thanks. Wow. I just read the post and it seems that the embassy is doing good job on this actually. i wouldt like to be in his shoes though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.