fluffykim

Visa Coach

51 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi All

I received my package back from the Visa Coach, I did hire him to review that and prep my fiance for the interview.  He has different "plans" to choose from.  I felt like i was in good shape based on the boards and feedback and didnt need his full service.  WOW...the things he advised I would never have thought of.  I have spent another 6 hours fixing my application package and will be mailing TOMORROW to USCIS Dallas Texas

Things he pointed out that I wanted to share with other newbies:

1.  Proof photos...make sure they have time stamp on them if printed from a phone and assembled on a Word Document (I cropped out to make look nice...mistake).  Otherwise could be from anytime (doh)

2.  Proof photos, making sure good sampling with friends and families

3.  .  Being very specific with references to dates, names, places and making sure they thread through consistently (application, labels on photos, etc)

4.  Whats app chat logs:  each month you have known each other, but only excerpts from 1 or 2 days.  He indicated that the duration of the relationship (number of months) is more important than the conversations itself 

I hope this helps others.  So far I have been pleased working with him.  If you have a little extra money I think hes worth it...the proof will be in pudding after I hear from government of course :)

9 minutes ago, fluffykim said:

Hi All

I received my package back from the Visa Coach, I did hire him to review that and prep my fiance for the interview.  He has different "plans" to choose from.  I felt like i was in good shape based on the boards and feedback and didnt need his full service.  WOW...the things he advised I would never have thought of.  I have spent another 6 hours fixing my application package and will be mailing TOMORROW to USCIS Dallas Texas

1.  Proof photos...make sure they have time stamp on them if printed from a phone and assembled on a Word Document (I cropped out to make look nice...mistake).  Otherwise could be from anytime (doh)

3.  .  Being very specific with references to dates, names, places and making sure they thread through consistently (application, labels on photos, etc)

4.  Whats app chat logs:  each month you have known each other, but only excerpts from 1 or 2 days.  He indicated that the duration of the relationship (number of months) is more important than the conversations itself 

I hope this helps others.  So far I have been pleased working with him.  If you have a little extra money I think hes worth it...the proof will be in pudding after I hear from government of course :)

You don’t have to have a time stamp on your photos. All of our photos did not. Instead we wrote who was in the photos, the date they were taken and where they were taken. No issues whatsoever for K1 or AOS. We had itineraries and plane tickets to back up our photos and dates. 

You also dont need to have chat logs from every single month you’ve been together. You can but it’s not necessary. We had about 10 pages of chat logs from Facebook messenger just taken from a variety of dates over the time we dated this was sufficient for them. Again, no RFEs or any issues for us. 

Ive never heard of a visa coach but unless you have a really complex case, for the most part, these kind of services are a waste of money. Just a little self research goes a long way. The guides on VJ got me through our process. I also double checked info on various websites to make sure things added up.

If you have the extra money to spend to each their own I guess but they can’t gaurentee any sort of approval. 

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Timeline

I think it makes sense with the date and time stamps on the photos.  while you may have not had any issues (which is great) others may have a harder time so I am sharing.  Proof is Proof...so without stamps on the photos they could be any time any date not within the 2 years.  its just to make the case STRONGER....not saying you are wrong at all..again..trying to share what I have learned.  

For me, its less about the complexity and more about the perceived fraud from my fiance country, so I am very happy and feel more comfortable having a second set of eyes on my package. 

Glad you had a great experience so far, I am sharing mine and found him helpful to ME

Just now, fluffykim said:

I think it makes sense with the date and time stamps on the photos.  while you may have not had any issues (which is great) others may have a harder time so I am sharing.  Proof is Proof...so without stamps on the photos they could be any time any date not within the 2 years.  its just to make the case STRONGER....not saying you are wrong at all..again..trying to share what I have learned.  

For me, its less about the complexity and more about the perceived fraud from my fiance country, so I am very happy and feel more comfortable having a second set of eyes on my package. 

Glad you had a great experience so far, I am sharing mine and found him helpful to ME

I mean if they have time stamps I don’t see why you should crop them out definitely leave them. What I’m saying is don’t just omit submitting photos because they don’t have them. There are instructions to write on the backs of all of the photos with times and dates they were taken and who with/where etc. 

as with proving the meetings within two years it’s crucial to have photos and itineraries and receipts (preferably hotel receipts and such with both names on them) we submitted tickets from a game we went to on the same day that had both of our names on it. We also submitted copies of both of our passport pages with stamps. All of this together makes a strong case. 

What is your fiance’s Country? (I’m on phone and can’t see it). I’m glad he was helpful to you. 

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

nearly all of that is totally unnecessary.

none of our photos had date stamps on them.

i didnt include any chat messages (we talk on the phone not text or apps)

photos we did include were only of us, with a couple of exceptions that included my son as well

dates were approximate (july 2018, jan 2017, etc)

approved with no RFE.

what is important is concrete proof of meeting (photos are accepted as secondary evidence because timestamps can be added and photoshop can make anything seem real. I could add a timestamp to any photo).

passport stamps, boarding passes from flights, etc is far more important.

We also have over 40 visits spanning 3 years, all easily documented by passports and electronic I94s. i did include photos but also knew it was a simple case of frontloading and not needed (and as mentioned did almost none of the things your service advised you to do)

the duration of the relationship is NOT important (unless from a high fraud country). They just want to know you met at least once in person within the 2 years before you filed. the requirements are stupidly simple and easy.

Hiring a service is a waste of time and money for the majority of cases.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline

Agreed, hence why I said it was good for ME...we have a perceived high fraud country and the double check of eyes was a godsend and could be useful/helpful to others.  My $200 fee for my piece of mind is priceless.

Hope that I have given some good information/referral to those that want it.  

If you didnt or doesnt interest you thats cool too...good luck in your journey!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, fluffykim said:

Agreed, hence why I said it was good for ME...we have a perceived high fraud country and the double check of eyes was a godsend and could be useful/helpful to others.  My $200 fee for my piece of mind is priceles

My experience. We printed our pictures and glue them (about 5 pages) handwrititten dates and locations, most pictures of us; on the how we met question, we just used the space given on the form, two lines we used, no more, also copies of passport stamps, airline reservations and hotel bookings.  I must said that I've been several times to the US since we met and by the time we sent the application I was in the US. Approved with RFE, incomplete documents, nothing to do with proof of our relationship.

Regarding the Visa Coach, there are several reasons for people paying for the service, I do not understand why is so difficult for some to understand that, not only here, I've seen it in other forums in VJ. 

We did the application ourselves, following the instructions sheet provided, which are very clear and easy to follow.

Good luck with your application.

®️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am not familiar with Visa Coach, some of the others have caused VJ members all sort of problems.

Dating photos makes sense, hand written or printed.

Also do not text Whats App etc so that was not applicable.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
9 hours ago, fluffykim said:

Hi All

JA is not going to focus on pics and whats app.  They want proof of relationship, focus on how u met, started a relationship, and continued the relationship until he proposed.  Also, how are u continuing the relationship.  You stated you were concerned of him getting a one year ban.

FYI, did the Visa Coach warn you about terms of endearment in your conversations will get your K-1 denied.  

No one is judging that you went to a Visa Coach, some people hire lawyers, its the same.  Just make sure you are receing sound judgement.  Cause whomever gave you the concept that JA is a high fraud country is wrong.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I didn't put any kind of captions on my photos dates times location people nothing. Not saying that's the right thing to do. In fact if I came here and told someone not to do it because I didn't that would be irresponsible much like we have seen people doing above. I agree with some of them that you wasted your money. There is no one right way to do it. Best bet is to go through the 129f instructions line by line and make sure you checked off everything it says.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Hijack post removed; if you have your own question, you need to start your own thread.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timestamped photos likely have no more value than photos without a timestamp. Anybody can add in (fake) timestamps afterwards in just minutes. There is very rarely a way to verify the date a photo was taken.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.