2,915 posts in this topic

@gogetter18 Thank you so much for your response. My lawyer didn’t even mention anything about renewing the prima facie, I guess he doesn’t know it can be renewed, please do you know how long it takes to be renewed? And for the EAD, he filed it under C31 category and I was trying to explain to him that I read on this forum that vawa applicants can get their EAD before the application is approved under C9 Category, he said I’m not qualified for that, this is why I needed to consult this forum so I can have better clue on what to do. I’m really tired of waiting and now it’s worst that I can’t even drive or get a better job, please kindly advice me on what you think might be best for this situation. Thank you

1 hour ago, Sky4limit said:

@gogetter18 Thank you so much for your response. My lawyer didn’t even mention anything about renewing the prima facie, I guess he doesn’t know it can be renewed, please do you know how long it takes to be renewed? And for the EAD, he filed it under C31 category and I was trying to explain to him that I read on this forum that vawa applicants can get their EAD before the application is approved under C9 Category, he said I’m not qualified for that, this is why I needed to consult this forum so I can have better clue on what to do. I’m really tired of waiting and now it’s worst that I can’t even drive or get a better job, please kindly advice me on what you think might be best for this situation. Thank you

If your abuser is a usc. You can file under EAD c09 and receive your EAD is less than 6months

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/19/2019 at 11:28 AM, Islanderk said:

Hello @sandranj how do you go about it if your children are here with you? My children are here with me they are also listed on my vawa.. 

You have to file AOS for each child.

Timeline
On 1/17/2019 at 10:17 PM, xoxox said:

The Reason for I filed 485 separately because I have pervious 485 based on marriage still pending until now and after vawa got approved I filed new 485 .

The officer told you sometimes they don't even tell until you get interview notice ! 

I think they always send NOA when they transfer the case One time form VSC to NBC and other time when the case transfer from NBC to Local office .

it should take only 2 months to get the transfer . 

That's why I am try to ask Sandra about this matter and waiting for her to answer our questions because I am worry now.

Hope we hear a good news very soon .

If you had a pending AOS why did you file a new one after Vawa approval?

2 hours ago, sandranj said:

If you had a pending AOS why did you file a new one after Vawa approval?

Was My lawyer suggestions .

We Never request USCIS to transfer 130.

But when I filled up 360 application I mentioned all information about pervious 485 . after vawa approved I waited for short time nothing happened on pervious 485 .

Then My attorney said we need to file new 485 because it just going to be wasting time trying to transfer pervious 485 and sometimes they don't respond for the request So we filed new 485 .

I didn't want to wait more time for nothing in the End .

Later after I filed new 485 I got courtesy letter for pervious 485 for I 693 is expired . 

Now I am in this step waiting for new 485 transfer from VSC to NBC it been almost 5 months since filing and nothing happened .

I remember you mentioned before it takes 2/3 months for 485 get transfer from VSC to NBC .

That's why I am worry why is taking so long for my 485 get transfer from VSC to NBC .

Can you please Sandra tell us 

How long it takes for 485 to get transfer from VSC to NBC when you file 485 after vawa approved ? 

What's the next steps please .

Please Sandra .

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
47 minutes ago, xoxox said:

But when I filled up 360 application I mentioned all information about pervious 485 . after vawa approved I waited for short time nothing happened on pervious 485 .

Then My attorney said we need to file new 485 because it just going to be wasting time trying to transfer pervious 485 and sometimes they don't respond for the request So we filed new 485 .

Later after I filed new 485 I got courtesy letter for pervious 485 for I 693 is expired . 

Now I am in this step waiting for new 485 transfer from VSC to NBC it been almost 5 months since filing and nothing happened .

I remember you mentioned before it takes 2/3 months for 485 get transfer from VSC to NBC .

That's why I am worry why is taking so long for my 485 get transfer from VSC to NBC .

How long it takes for 485 to get transfer from VSC to NBC when you file 485 after vawa approved ? 

Please Sandra .

It all depends dear just hang in there,i filed mine on 0ctober 25th and the transfer happened on january 9th this year so just be patient.When did you file your I-485?

Timeline
1 hour ago, xoxox said:

Please Sandra .

It’s taking long time to transfer because your attorney has no clue about VAWA and AOS and made a stupid mistake submitting a new AOS  when the previous was pending. Having two pending AOS petitions create a  huge confusion.

Attorneys or petitioners don’t have to ask Uscis to transfer the  previous AOS , if the AOS its still pending when the l360 is approved, because the adjustment of status will be automatically transferred .

19 hours ago, 2019myyr said:

Are you filing with lawyer or by yourself, how long is the process, how much if in Georgia will it be. I have a minor and she’s been with me since birth and I am afraid about the custody. Is your based on irreconcilable differences or is it abused based divorce. I’ve been in a good place I know the divorce process will bring back a lot I’ve healed from, but I also know I need to get it over with.  Any help will be greatly appreciated 

I'm filing by myself, no kids base on abuse and it toke a little bit more than 1 year, you can go to your courthouse and ### for assistance they have programs that can assist you with representation, depending on your income and depending on your case, and that was a big fear for me and it also depends on how long were you together and who was taking care of the minor, were you separate and if yes for how long, i\m not a lawyer but my advice is to console with one they have free consultation in this is what i did and the people were amazing and helped me a lot. if you need more information please ask on PM, and again I'm not a lawyer this is my personal experience.  

5 hours ago, sandranj said:

It’s taking long time to transfer because your attorney has no clue about VAWA and AOS and made a stupid mistake submitting a new AOS  when the previous was pending. Having two pending AOS petitions create a  huge confusion.

Attorneys or petitioners don’t have to ask Uscis to transfer the  previous AOS , if the AOS its still pending when the l360 is approved, because the adjustment of status will be automatically transferred .

Sandranj can you please give me one advice? My lawyer put my GC interview on hold until my i360, gets approved or at lease, this is what she mentioned since my abuser fired my lawyer and didn't want to attend the interview. and that happens when i filed my i360, can that be a reason why my I-360 is taking so long, and who can i reach out to get information why it is taking so long to process my application, i filed in 2015 and i reached out to my Congressmen and every time when he checks on my behalf they told him that im undergoing an extensive background check and that was in 2016,2017 and in 2018i also contacted the ombudsman and i haven't received an explanation why only receive a reference number that i don't know how i can check? And also i wrote a letter and attached all the documents that i have file and received from USCIS and send that package to the VAWA Unite at the Vermont Service Center, still haven't received even a letter or anything that will say that they receive my package other than the Fedex confirmation that was received and that was in November of 2018, I'm sorry for always asking but i don't know what else to do and who to turn to?

Please forgive me and thank you for all your help.❤️

5 hours ago, sandranj said:

Lawyer doesn't have much experience about vawa case .

That's why I was try to ask before .

When vawa got approved I asked does USCIS will transfer AOS automatically after vawa got approved ,  Everyone gave me the same answer USCIS do not transfer automatically .     

I Don't know what to do now and what will happen ?

What I should to do now  ?

Can you please give me advise Sandra .

I appreciate your help and your time .

This question deserve a professional response and I will prefer Our Sandra on this forum to assist me with it. Can the content in divorce decree affect green card or citizenship? I mean a no fault content or must abuse be mentioned in the reason? I believe many people will benefit from this. If it's no fault, hope it's wouldn't affect anything at anytime in path to citizenship. Thanks

3 hours ago, MimoMinkov said:

I'm filing by myself, no kids base on abuse and it toke a little bit more than 1 year, you can go to your courthouse and ### for assistance they have programs that can assist you with representation, depending on your income and depending on your case, and that was a big fear for me and it also depends on how long were you together and who was taking care of the minor, were you separate and if yes for how long, i\m not a lawyer but my advice is to console with one they have free consultation in this is what i did and the people were amazing and helped me a lot. if you need more information please ask on PM, and again I'm not a lawyer this is my personal experience.  

My baby has been in my care since birth. Married only 4 months before separation. We’ve been separated almost 3 yrs now. 

11 minutes ago, MimoMinkov said:

what are the grounds of the divorce, and has your spouse made any efforts to care or to support you and your baby? 

11 minutes ago, MimoMinkov said:

what are the grounds of the divorce, and has your spouse made any efforts to care or to support you and your baby? 

I’m nothing to him but every now and then he wants to be apart of my child’s life. Idk what grounds to file under, I just want it be over with 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.