2,915 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Yollande said:

@notmeI can understand your frustration, the wait after RFE more painful than the long wait itself. Some people gets approved after 29 days, some 32 days after RFE response. Do you have a lawyer? RFE are normally to be answered after 60 days. Maybe your lawyer can call the Vawa hotline. Is been 26 days they received my RFE, I can't eat nor sleep. I feel hopeless. Stay strong!💪

I don't have a lawyer so its kind of annoying he dropped my case one week before i submitted my RFE, today is the 70th day since my RFE was received by USCIS im hoping i hear something this week or soon Im hoping they system didnt glitch or maybe the forgot to update my case online or something  

Hi everyone,

Congratulations of all Vawa aprovals.

I would appreciate your help in my situation.

uscis received my Vawa documents on 08/19 2016

on 10/25/2016 Sent REF about good moral character.

i have not received any update about My case in 2 years .

On 04/12/2018 Uscis send un update saying that they received correspondence and reviewing it .

what does it mean?

my work permit is approved and Prima facia is aproved in November 2018 .

I would appreciate any answer.

Thank you so much!

12 minutes ago, crissM said:

Hi everyone,

On 04/12/2018 Uscis send un update saying that they received correspondence and reviewing it .

what does it mean?

Thank you so much!

@crissM Hi! Welcome.

I'm a bit confused, since your application in 2016, you did not receive a prima facie till last month? That's over 2 years! And you sent your RFE response in 2016? If that is correct, then you are well out of the processing time frame. From what I have read on this forum, you may have to reach out to your local representatives, senator etc so that they can make inquiries to USCIS on your behalf. If you have an attorney, then your attorney needs to inquire about your case. It's not fair that you had to wait this long.

Filed: Other Timeline
17 minutes ago, crissM said:

Hi everyone,

what does it mean?

Thank you so much!

Wow that's a long time, in my opinion I think if you've received your work permit(C31i guess) after this long wait then it's likely you've been approved, just wait for subsequent updates.

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hey Everyone!

I just submitted my VAWA petition on 12/04/2018. Thanks to @sandranj for all the HELP! 

I did everything in such a hurry because VAWA is ended on 12/07/2018 and we don't know if it will be reauthorized.

I wanted to ask. How many people have requested expedited EAD?

How does that work? Do you just request it? Or do you have to have a specific reason?

Help me!

27 minutes ago, Gogetter18 said:

@crissM Hi! Welcome.

I'm a bit confused, since your application in 2016, you did not receive a prima facie till last month? That's over 2 years! And you sent your RFE response in 2016? If that is correct, then you are well out of the processing time frame. From what I have read on this forum, you may have to reach out to your local representatives, senator etc so that they can make inquiries to USCIS on your behalf. If you have an attorney, then your attorney needs to inquire about your case. It's not fair that you had to wait this long.

Thank you. I have been approved every year for work permit and prime facia ,i went to 4 info pass appoiment , but no answer from them ... they said I need to wait ... and i just recently contact the ombusman... i have to wait between 90-160 days to receive my case . 😓

5 minutes ago, MariFD said:

Hey Everyone!

I just submitted my VAWA petition on 12/04/2018. Thanks to @sandranj for all the HELP! 

I did everything in such a hurry because VAWA is ended on 12/07/2018 and we don't know if it will be reauthorized.

I wanted to ask. How many people have requested expedited EAD?

How does that work? Do you just request it? Or do you have to have a specific reason?

Help me!

@MariFD My attorney filed mine for me and requested the EAD be expedited, but still waiting on it to arrive.

I think you need to add a letter stating why you need it urgently, maybe attach an offer of employment or your bank records showing that you have no income coming in and you need to work, as I'm sure they don't want to increase the number of people on welfare, so hopefully that will help in expediting your EAD. Good luck.

29 minutes ago, aquila said:

Wow that's a long time, in my opinion I think if you've received your work permit(C31i guess) after this long wait then it's likely you've been approved, just wait for subsequent updates.

I know its such a long time .. hopefully will get it approved soon. In november 2018 i have received my work permit and renew my prime facia benefits .

Thank you for your feedback .🤗

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, TeaCee said:

I don’t have to pay for filing another i765 renewal since the other is still pending. Do I?

You don'T have to pay to renew if you are using same category C 9.

On 12/4/2018 at 11:39 AM, Kleenex12 said:

hello everyone,please @sandranj and @iwillsurvive is this normal?i applied for workd permit alone on august 31st and i did biometrics and then again in october 25th my lawyer applied for my form I-485,I-765,I-131 and today i got another biometrics appointment from the immigration for I-485 and I-765.please tell me if this is normal.thanks

Yes, it's normal.

Timeline
On 12/4/2018 at 11:50 AM, aquila said:

11-26-18 contacted my congresswoman about my case through website here on this page.

11-27-18 response and privacy release of information form received from my congresswoman.

11-28-18 privacy release of information form and copies of receipts of 360 and 485 personally hand delivered to her office.

12-04-18 response from my congresswoman indicating that my case is pending security checks at USCIS.

Does anyone know an estimate how long that takes? 

Thanks.

It can take 30 days to 4/6 months.  I know people waiting for security check since  July 2018.

Timeline
On 12/3/2018 at 12:44 PM, Omega said:

Good Day All,

I'm feeling very devastated right now. After waiting for more than 16 Months silence without any notice at all (Filled Vawa July 25, 2017), I just now got a text for an update and I logged on to my status check and I saw ''REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE WAS MAILED''. This has been my prayer point not to receive RFE, I'm feeling so disappointed after so long wait, OH LORD WHY? I no longer have appetites, sleepless nights and been hoping and praying for God's mercy. #Crying.

My questions, please how long till I get this notice in my mail, will it be sent to me or my lawyer? I changed state address/lawyer, I'm confuse to where I'll receive it. Also what could they be requesting and how should I tackle it. Any similar experience ? please share to me,

I will never give up, Lord let your will be done. 

God bless all

Your attorney will receive within 7/10 days. Wait to see what they are asking you and take from there. Come down and take your time to answer the RFE, usually, they give 87 days. If it's regarding bonafide marriage get affidavits from your family back home, if they don't speak English then someone has to translate the affidavit, anyone can translate but not you, and submit a certification of translation along with the translations. Write down again the affidavit stating about the Courtship, proposal, wedding and married life. If it's to prove abuse then you should discuss with your attorney about it.

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, sandranj said:

You don'T have to pay to renew if you are using same category C 9.

Yes, it's normal.

@sandranj thanks alot dear,God bless you!!🙏🙏

6 hours ago, sandranj said:

Your attorney will receive within 7/10 days. Wait to see what they are asking you and take from there. Come down and take your time to answer the RFE, usually, they give 87 days. If it's regarding bonafide marriage get affidavits from your family back home, if they don't speak English then someone has to translate the affidavit, anyone can translate but not you, and submit a certification of translation along with the translations. Write down again the affidavit stating about the Courtship, proposal, wedding and married life. If it's to prove abuse then you should discuss with your attorney about it.

thank you so much @sandranj, I appreciate your response. I will do exactly as u advised. will notify u on what the RFE is all about. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.