2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
16 hours ago, iwillsurvive said:

This is most likely what it is. If I were you, I would already start requesting it to speed up the process. Worst case scenario if the RfE is not about police clearance from your home country, you wasted a few bucks. 

hello everyone,please @sandranj and @iwillsurvive is this normal?i applied for workd permit alone on august 31st and i did biometrics and then again in october 25th my lawyer applied for my form I-485,I-765,I-131 and today i got another biometrics appointment from the immigration for I-485 and I-765.please tell me if this is normal.thanks

4 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

hello everyone,please @sandranj and @iwillsurvive is this normal?i applied for workd permit alone on august 31st and i did biometrics and then again in october 25th my lawyer applied for my form I-485,I-765,I-131 and today i got another biometrics appointment from the immigration for I-485 and I-765.please tell me if this is normal.thanks

@Kleenex12 Hi. Yes it is normal, the same happened to me when my EAD application was tied to my I-360 application; then when they sent a new EAD application C09, I was sent a new biometrics appointment.

Filed: Other Timeline

11-26-18 contacted my congresswoman about my case through website here on this page.

11-27-18 response and privacy release of information form received from my congresswoman.

11-28-18 privacy release of information form and copies of receipts of 360 and 485 personally hand delivered to her office.

12-04-18 response from my congresswoman indicating that my case is pending security checks at USCIS.

Does anyone know an estimate how long that takes? 

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, aquila said:

11-26-18 contacted my congresswoman about my case through website here on this page.

11-27-18 response and privacy release of information form received from my congresswoman.

11-28-18 privacy release of information form and copies of receipts of 360 and 485 personally hand delivered to her office.

12-04-18 response from my congresswoman indicating that my case is pending security checks at USCIS.

Thanks.

I assume they mean the FBI background check. Unfortunately USCIS has no control over how long that takes. It is not in their hands when the background check will come back to them. 

12 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

I assume they mean the FBI background check. Unfortunately USCIS has no control over how long that takes. It is not in their hands when the background check will come back to them. 

Thanks for your response. I do appreciate it.

Hoping and praying it comes sometime soon.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Gogetter18 said:

@Kleenex12 Hi. Yes it is normal, the same happened to me when my EAD application was tied to my I-360 application; then when they sent a new EAD application C09, I was sent a new biometrics appointment.

thanks a alot dear,was just confused since i heard biometrics can be good for 15 months thought they will just use the first biometrics for everything!

18 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

thanks a alot dear,was just confused since i heard biometrics can be good for 15 months thought they will just use the first biometrics for everything!

That was what I thought too when I received the appointment for a second biometrics. I just pray that they expedite our EADs so that we can at least start working, I have children to provide for.

1 hour ago, aquila said:

Thanks.

Hi Aquila, lets just keep praying I hope we all hear good news soonest. Amen.

Don’t know if you remember , you responded to my concern 3weeks ago about my EAD renewal taking so long 8months+. The 180days auto extension expired last week. My lawyer said I don’t need to fill out another application but adviced I contact a Senator, which I did. The Senator’s office got back to me last week saying USCIS will be expediting my I765 renewal. I hope this comes soon so I can go back to work. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Gogetter18 said:

That was what I thought too when I received the appointment for a second biometrics. I just pray that they expedite our EADs so that we can at least start working, I have children to provide for.

i know right my dear,i can’t wait,i need to work as soon as possible it’s been tough without a job for years when did you file your EAD?please can u share ur timeline?

16 minutes ago, Kleenex12 said:

i know right my dear,i can’t wait,i need to work as soon as possible it’s been tough without a job for years when did you file your EAD?please can u share ur timeline?

I filed my first C31 in September, but C09 was received October ending and biometrics for C09 was in mid November 🙂

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Gogetter18 said:

I filed my first C31 in September, but C09 was received October ending and biometrics for C09 was in mid November 🙂

ok!

1 hour ago, TeaCee said:

Hi Aquila, lets just keep praying I hope we all hear good news soonest. Amen.

Don’t know if you remember , you responded to my concern 3weeks ago about my EAD renewal taking so long 8months+. The 180days auto extension expired last week. My lawyer said I don’t need to fill out another application but adviced I contact a Senator, which I did. The Senator’s office got back to me last week saying USCIS will be expediting my I765 renewal. I hope this comes soon so I can go back to work. 

Thanks for your response. Let's keep praying all goes well. With regards to the EAD,I reapplied again for renewal and added the copy of the 180 extension with the passport pictures, with my 131 application.

Mine was approved and received the combo card within a month. Pretty fast processing when they realised that my 180 day extension was running out.

I also stated in my cover letter in a humble plea that I would be out of a job if my application wasn't processed on time.

20 minutes ago, aquila said:

Thanks for your response. Let's keep praying all goes well. With regards to the EAD,I reapplied again for renewal and added the copy of the 180 extension with the passport pictures, with my 131 application.

Mine was approved and received the combo card within a month. Pretty fast processing when they realised that my 180 day extension was running out.

I also stated in my cover letter in a humble plea that I would be out of a job if my application wasn't processed on time.

I will talk to my lawyer. I guess there is no harm in trying this too. Thanks again.

Filed: Other Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hi everyone, I am a silent reader and i have learnt a lot from everyone here. So, for anyone that has filed for an EAD renewal based on pending i485 and is out of processing time, i would advise that you apply for a new renewal and attach your previous EAD extension letters to it. This is what i did and my card is ready for production almost after two weeks they received it. 

Filled Renewal March 1st 2018

Re-filed another renewal  Nov 19th 2018

Card in production today 

But i have a question though, my first EAD card was a combo card but i didnt  file 131 (travel permit) this time. Do you think i will get a combo card this time or not? 

Thanks!

13 minutes ago, blujewel said:

Hi everyone, I am a silent reader and i have learnt a lot from everyone here. So, for anyone that has filed for an EAD renewal based on pending i485 and is out of processing time, i would advise that you apply for a new renewal and attach your previous EAD extension letters to it. This is what i did and my card is ready for production almost after two weeks they received it. 

Filled Renewal March 1st 2018

Re-filed another renewal  Nov 19th 2018

Card in production today 

But i have a question though, my first EAD card was a combo card but i didnt  file 131 (travel permit) this time. Do you think i will get a combo card this time or not? 

Thanks!

Excellent same as I did with mine when I was running out of time on my 180 extension.

With regards to I-131, in my opinion I think you should have just completed another application for renewal same as the I-765 as it wouldn't cause any harm but no worries you can always apply later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.