2,915 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Ilo said:

Relax your mind, I know how it feels when we think we have sent all they need for approval and still get rfe, most people get rfe and receive approval after responding and I am one of those, I received rfe (additional) after 16months, and got approved 29days after responding.  So don't allow negative thoughts overwhelm you, you should be fine, start gathering what they ask as soon as you get the mail.

Please can you tell me, what was your RFE about, and how did you respond to it, what and what did you sent again to them. 

thanks

57 minutes ago, Omega said:

hey @iwillsurvive, @Yollande, BELOW ARE STUFFS I SUBMITTED WITH MY APPLICATION, CAN YOU TELL ME IF I WAS MISSING ANYTHING?

@Psquare I sent almost all those things you mentioned.

Which includes: 

- Birth certificate of my spouse,

- marriage certificate,

- police clearance report from all the states I've been to (been in the country since August 22, 2014),

- I had a psychological evaluation,

- police reports (I did not have restraining order),

- bunch of picture, both abused pictures,

- text messages of threats to deport me,

- five friends and family affidavit.

- phone bills,

- insurances,

- bank of account (showing things we had together)

- lease documents (showing two of our names and signatures)

ETC

I'm still confused to what they're looking for, still patiently waiting. I'm so down, today was a sad day for me. but its well.

@Omega, then you're  probably missing police clearance from your home country then. Just keep a cool head and update us when you have the RFE.

50 minutes ago, Omega said:

Please can you tell me, what was your RFE about, and how did you respond to it, what and what did you sent again to them. 

thanks

My rfe was for bonafide marriage and shared residence, @Yollande is right, if you filled before August 22 2017, then you have not lived in the US for 3years  before filling vawa, your rfe should be for police clearance from your country, if you did not submit it before I suggest you start the process now.

57 minutes ago, Psquare said:

I like your courage but what could they be asking for again he has sent all the documents he is supposed to send even the good moral character so let’s wait and see..

Probably missing police clearance from home country, if Omega came in August 22 2014 and filled before August 22 2017, then Omega has not lived in the US for 3years before filling, thus will need police clearance from home.I guess that's what the rfe is asking.

25 minutes ago, Yollande said:

@Omega, then you're  probably missing police clearance from your home country then. Just keep a cool head and update us when you have the RFE.

alright, thanks I will update y'all

6 minutes ago, Ilo said:

Probably missing police clearance from home country, if Omega came in August 22 2014 and filled before August 22 2017, then Omega has not lived in the US for 3years before filling, thus will need police clearance from home.I guess that's what the rfe is asking.

I really pray thats what they're asking, if so I can quickly get it. #handscrossedpaitientlywaiting

Just now, Omega said:

I really pray thats what they're asking, if so I can quickly get it. #handscrossedpaitientlywaiting

I hope too so, good luck. It's been 24days now that they received my reply of RFE for good moral character. I'm also crossing my fingers. I hope they give me a positive answer before christmas.

2 minutes ago, Yollande said:

I hope too so, good luck. It's been 24days now that they received my reply of RFE for good moral character. I'm also crossing my fingers. I hope they give me a positive answer before christmas.

God will see us all through this post-pneumatic stress. Amen

37 minutes ago, Omega said:

This is most likely what it is. If I were you, I would already start requesting it to speed up the process. Worst case scenario if the RfE is not about police clearance from your home country, you wasted a few bucks. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Received Prima Facie extension today dated November 20th.  Expires May 2019. Also filed EAD renewal in August, still have not received yet.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

11 hours ago, Omega said:

Good Day All,

I'm feeling very devastated right now. After waiting for more than 16 Months silence without any notice at all (Filled Vawa July 25, 2017), I just now got a text for an update and I logged on to my status check and I saw ''REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE WAS MAILED''. This has been my prayer point not to receive RFE, I'm feeling so disappointed after so long wait, OH LORD WHY? I no longer have appetites, sleepless nights and been hoping and praying for God's mercy. #Crying.

My questions, please how long till I get this notice in my mail, will it be sent to me or my lawyer? I changed state address/lawyer, I'm confuse to where I'll receive it. Also what could they be requesting and how should I tackle it. Any similar experience ? please share to me,

I will never give up, Lord let your will be done. 

God bless all

I want to believe you didn't mention your own birth certificate, data page of your passport, Visa page, medical, police clearance from your country since you have not stayed up to 3 years. Be calm and get ready to talk to people who can help you get any of these things fast. Don't panic, after this final response, you will get your approval. It's can't be longer than when you summited your package. Where they are not available, give reasons and liase with your lawyer. You should be good. Just base on my experience I answered, not an attorney. We are all in together and we shall get result God helping us.

8 hours ago, monoxidelullaby said:

Guys, does anyone know any good licensed psychologist in NYC?

I need to start seeing one so I can get evaluation on my case. I also don’t have health insurance, I was looking online and some of them are pretty pricey, so if anyone has experience and is willing to share some information I’d be more than thankful. 

Melisa De La Cruz

280 Madison Avenue

646-639-0321‬

She did a very detailed evaluation on me, which is 13 pages long. I think I paid a total of $1,500 for 6 sessions + the evaluation. 

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello everyone,

As usual this is what I get periodically from USCIS:

We are still reviewing your case and there are no updates at this time
We will notify you when your case status changes. We last took action on your case on November 20, 2018.

Prior to that, the date was May 22, 2018 but today it's gone to November 20, 2018. My case is currently at 22 months. Waiting to hear from my congresswoman.

19 minutes ago, Omega said:

@Yollande I wanna ask you, How did you receive your RFE? did it came to your mail or to your lawyer? how long did it take to receive the RFE mail?

@Omega of you have a lawyer, he/she will be the one to receive it. Although I provided a mailing address when filing for my 360, I've never received anything form USCIS thru that mail. Both my lawyers copies and mine go to him.  And he email me a copy since I'm in another state.it takes like 4days to a week to receive it, weather permitting. Just relax, you're almost at the end of your journey. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.