2,915 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
Just now, Par.Hast said:

Have you ever take any action on that? when did you file?

no,my notice date is october 25th i just thought it was normal.Did you file everything together?like work permit and vawa?

Filed: Other Country: Gambia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Par.Hast said:

I filed VAWA. I have difficulties with my lawyer regarding work permit.

did you file them separately?if your ex spouse was a US citizen you are eligible to file for work permit 

Good Day All,

I'm feeling very devastated right now. After waiting for more than 16 Months silence without any notice at all (Filled Vawa July 25, 2017), I just now got a text for an update and I logged on to my status check and I saw ''REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE WAS MAILED''. This has been my prayer point not to receive RFE, I'm feeling so disappointed after so long wait, OH LORD WHY? I no longer have appetites, sleepless nights and been hoping and praying for God's mercy. #Crying.

My questions, please how long till I get this notice in my mail, will it be sent to me or my lawyer? I changed state address/lawyer, I'm confuse to where I'll receive it. Also what could they be requesting and how should I tackle it. Any similar experience ? please share to me,

I will never give up, Lord let your will be done. 

God bless all

Edited by Omega

9 minutes ago, Omega said:

Good Day All,

I'm feeling very devastated right now. After waiting for more than 16 Months silence without any notice at all (Filled Vawa July 25, 2017), I just now got a text for an update and I logged on to my status check and I saw ''REQUEST FOR ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE WAS MAILED''. This has been my prayer point not to receive RFE, I'm feeling so disappointed after so long wait, OH LORD WHY? I no longer have appetites, sleepless nights and been hoping and praying for God's mercy. #Crying.

My questions, please how long till I get this notice in my mail, will it be sent to me or my lawyer? I changed state address/lawyer, I'm confuse to where I'll receive it. Also what could they be requesting and how should I tackle it. Any similar experience ? please share to me,

God bless all

Take a deep breath, this could be something very simple. Many people receive RFE’s. It can get to you any time within 1 day to 1 week. Don’t worry, just have your attorney alert you right away so you can start working on the response. 

Your attorney receives all communication with USCIS if his/her address was put down as the mailing address. When you do a change of address, that changes the physical address only, mailing address stays the same. 

34 minutes ago, Omega said:

Good Day All,

God bless all

Relax!!! It could be just a simple RFE for good moral character. My also recieved additional evidence, but it was just for GMC. I'm a June 6th 2017 filer. Once you receive it, make sure you submit All document and any other that will make your case looks good. I'm sure it just police clearance' s from all the state's you lived in 3 years prior to filling and your home country. 

God is in control. You should be fine.

46 minutes ago, iwillsurvive said:

Take a deep breath, this could be something very simple. Many people receive RFE’s. It can get to you any time within 1 day to 1 week. Don’t worry, just have your attorney alert you right away so you can start working on the response. 

Your attorney receives all communication with USCIS if his/her address was put down as the mailing address. When you do a change of address, that changes the physical address only, mailing address stays the same. 

Thanks so much @iwillsurvive for your kind response. I appreciate

20 minutes ago, Yollande said:

Relax!!! It could be just a simple RFE for good moral character. My also recieved additional evidence, but it was just for GMC. I'm a June 6th 2017 filer. Once you receive it, make sure you submit All document and any other that will make your case looks good. I'm sure it just police clearance' s from all the state's you lived in 3 years prior to filling and your home country. 

God is in control. You should be fine.

thanks @Yollande for your response , I appreciate

Guys, does anyone know any good licensed psychologist in NYC?

I need to start seeing one so I can get evaluation on my case. I also don’t have health insurance, I was looking online and some of them are pretty pricey, so if anyone has experience and is willing to share some information I’d be more than thankful. 

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
3 hours ago, Omega said:

Good Day All,

God bless all

What are the documents that you submitted with your i360...did you include your spouse birth certificate or passport page to authenticate that he or she is a USA citizen and also did you put your marriage certificate ..did you put good moral character from your country if you haven’t spent up to 3 years in the states but I think you used a lawyer I think your lawyer would have told you to add those things to it ....so what are the things you sent...did you do psychological evaluation or have police restraining order what are those things you sent in ??? Do you send enough thing for bonafide marriage 

1 hour ago, Psquare said:

What are the documents that you submitted with your i360...did you include your spouse birth certificate or passport page to authenticate that he or she is a USA citizen and also did you put your marriage certificate ..did you put good moral character from your country if you haven’t spent up to 3 years in the states but I think you used a lawyer I think your lawyer would have told you to add those things to it ....so what are the things you sent...did you do psychological evaluation or have police restraining order what are those things you sent in ??? Do you send enough thing for bonafide marriage 

hey @iwillsurvive, @Yollande, BELOW ARE STUFFS I SUBMITTED WITH MY APPLICATION, CAN YOU TELL ME IF I WAS MISSING ANYTHING?

@Psquare I sent almost all those things you mentioned.

Which includes: 

- Birth certificate of my spouse,

- marriage certificate,

- police clearance report from all the states I've been to (been in the country since August 22, 2014),

- I had a psychological evaluation,

- police reports (I did not have restraining order),

- bunch of picture, both abused pictures,

- text messages of threats to deport me,

- five friends and family affidavit.

- phone bills,

- insurances,

- bank of account (showing things we had together)

- lease documents (showing two of our names and signatures)

ETC

I'm still confused to what they're looking for, still patiently waiting. I'm so down, today was a sad day for me. but its well.

4 hours ago, Omega said:

Good Day All,

God bless all

Relax your mind, I know how it feels when we think we have sent all they need for approval and still get rfe, most people get rfe and receive approval after responding and I am one of those, I received rfe (additional) after 16months, and got approved 29days after responding.  So don't allow negative thoughts overwhelm you, you should be fine, start gathering what they ask as soon as you get the mail.

12 minutes ago, Ilo said:

Relax your mind, I know how it feels when we think we have sent all they need for approval and still get rfe, most people get rfe and receive approval after responding and I am one of those, I received rfe (additional) after 16months, and got approved 29days after responding.  So don't allow negative thoughts overwhelm you, you should be fine, start gathering what they ask as soon as you get the mail.

thanks so much

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Ilo said:

I like your courage but what could they be asking for again he has sent all the documents he is supposed to send even the good moral character so let’s wait and see..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.