Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Were in the exact same situation & really confused as to what to do right now :(

1 hour ago, Gamisha said:

Hello Everyone,

I have a quick question about taxes. Since my Adjustment of Status is still pending, I am not a resident alien, right? We read though that if one of the couple is resident or US citizen, the non-resident spouse is treated as resident alien even if she/he is not. Should we file taxes married/jointly/resident alien or married/separately? (In which case my spouse would file and would not because I don't have 2018 income abroad or in the US?)

I found this earlier 

it might be helpful. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Joe_UK said:

I'm trying to add my paper-filed case to "my.uscis.account" so i can track my i-485 application and i keep getting this message

"There was an error syncing your case. Try again in a few minutes."

Has anyone else received this error? I've been getting this message for most of the morning..

We are on the same boat.

However, I am able to chech my status case on the old website. 

Timeline

Question: So, I got the 2 letters. First one says I applied for emergency AP, and the other says my travel document will be mailed separately?! 

It is confusing for me because I was already issued the Authorization for Parole of an Alien Into the USA on the day of my infopass.

Why would I get a letter saying it will be mailed when I already have that document issued, stamped and approved ?!

Anyone thought or experienced the same??🤔

5 minutes ago, C💏A said:

Question: So, I got the 2 letters. First one says I applied for emergency AP, and the other says my travel document will be mailed separately?! 

It is confusing for me because I was already issued the Authorization for Parole of an Alien Into the USA on the day of my infopass.

Why would I get a letter saying it will be mailed when I already have that document issued, stamped and approved ?!

Anyone thought or experienced the same??🤔

Have you already been approved for your Combo Card too?

Timeline
12 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Have you already been approved for your Combo Card too?

No news about a combo card. I went earlier to USCIS to get my emergency AP. My visajourney timeline estimated my combo card around end of April - early May. 

The approval notice says “We have approved your application for an Advanced Parole Document. Your travel

document will be mailed to you separately and will show the validity of the document and any travel conditions.” Also states the month that I was granted to travel at the interview for my dentist. It s weird, when I already got it on my infopass, guess now I have to wait for whatever is it that is coming. 🤔

Edited by C💏A

I guess I am among the "lucky" ones lol. 

I have received my NOA1 on Dec 28th and I was supposed to get my biometrics done on January 14th YAY. 

January 14th: woke up, got my makeup done, got my hair done (gotta look good on the pic lol), looked outside - snow on the ground, sunny - COOL!

Got to the office and....SURPRISE - it was closed. Hmm, weird...tried to call, no one picked up, went on the USCIS website and found out that that particular office was closed "due to hazardous weather conditions". Well, I had nothing to do but to go back home. I have decided I would go back there on Wednesday as a walk-in. 

Wednesday, January 16th: woke up, got my make up done, got my hair done.. you know the rest. Arrived to the AVS. It was open - YAY!! The "nicest" lady turned me back and said that I will have to wait another 2-3 weeks for USCIS to reschedule my biometrics. I had nothing to do but to go back home AGAIN.

To say that I am pissed, mad, disappointed, upset and all other synonyms is to say nothing!!! You can consider yourself lucky if you have your biometrics done by today.

AVS: USCIS Glenmont, Maryland.

7 hours ago, Joe_UK said:

I'm trying to add my paper-filed case to "my.uscis.account" so i can track my i-485 application and i keep getting this message

Has anyone else received this error? I've been getting this message for most of the morning..

Yes, me, and registration is pain in the ###. So i gave up haha. I am just using uscis app on my ipad or just regular uscis website

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, Joe_UK said:

I just found out it. Could be useful and explained why the website doesn’t work well. 

E69A593A-6208-47CB-84EB-70D6A4968849.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Israel
Timeline
18 hours ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Were in the exact same situation & really confused as to what to do right now :(

Is too. I don’t have a SSN so my husband says we can’t file jointly, I don’t know if it’s true. If we file jointly we get more money back..

AoS Timeline:

12/12/18 Mailed AoS + EAD + AP

12/14/18 Package delivered at Chicago Lockbox

12/20/18 Text notifications received 

12/24/18 NOA1 received 

12/31/18 Biometrics Appointment letter received. Scheduled for 1/9/19

01/03/19 Biometrics walk-in done

06/18/19 Interview was scheduled

18 hours ago, C💏A said:

I found this earlier 

it might be helpful. 

Thankyou!!!

1 hour ago, bebkay said:

Is too. I don’t have a SSN so my husband says we can’t file jointly, I don’t know if it’s true. If we file jointly we get more money back..

Read the thread posted above! Its a great help 😊

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Thankyou!!!

Read the thread posted above! Its a great help 😊

I don’t have SSN and cannot file w-7 for ITIN because instructions say to not file for ITIN if you have SSN pending. I hope I get one before April so we can file jointly 

AoS Timeline:

12/24/18 NOA1 received 

42 minutes ago, bebkay said:

I don’t have SSN and cannot file w-7 for ITIN because instructions say to not file for ITIN if you have SSN pending. I hope I get one before April so we can file jointly 

Im the exact same so we are doing option 1 on that thread

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Timeline
1 minute ago, Meisha&Jake said:

Im the exact same so we are doing option 1 on that thread

Were gonna wait until about April 1st I think to see if anything happens... if I get combo card and ssn by then we’ll file jointly if not we’ll file option 1 which is married filling separately 

AoS Timeline:

12/24/18 NOA1 received 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bermuda
Timeline
On 1/17/2019 at 9:27 PM, decfiler said:

LOL will do! 

As promised, I was about to go to SSA to do a follow up but then my SS card arrived in the mail, though it says "valid for work only with DHS authorization" does this mean I cannot use this to apply for  a driver's license?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.