Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

The only thing I’m missing is proof of residency. We currently live with my parents until we close on a condo. No utility bill yet. I can’t think of any other items. I’m trying to add him to car insurance and he’s already on my phone bill but they don’t accept phone bills unless it’s landline. All these damn rules are frustrating honestly. 

bank has a looooong list of proofs that are good for them. check with your bank. at Chase, cell phone was one of them.

1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Proof of residency could be your USCIS receipts.

nope, they only accept docs from their list. I had my address on the marriage certificate and a few more things, they wouldn't accept it unless it's one of the documents they have listed.

2 minutes ago, Jenny17655 said:

Hopefully we all start getting our NOAs very soon! Where is everyone from? New York here. Husband is Jamaican (obviously)

I guess that was a silly question lol I can just look to the left

Ukraine & California! 💫

5 minutes ago, stacyt said:

bank has a looooong list of proofs that are good for them. check with your bank. at Chase, cell phone was one of them.

nope, they only accept docs from their list. I had my address on the marriage certificate and a few more things, they wouldn't accept it unless it's one of the documents they have listed.

At my bank they accept any piece of mail with your name and address on it. I had my junk mail magazine from Ulta and I could have used that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Gibus said:

To me it looks like what you provided is good and well organized :) More than they need as proofs. Make sure that all form are signed. And also to not make the same mistakes than me with the check, you can take a look at this page https://www.uscis.gov/forms/paying-uscis-fees

Thank you! I totally overlooked that, I will be ordering checks with our name on it tomorrow. Thank you again so much :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
24 minutes ago, krychy said:

Thank you! I totally overlooked that, I will be ordering checks with our name on it tomorrow. Thank you again so much :)

Glad I could help :) My check didn’t have my name on it and it bounced so I think it’s important to share my experience!

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jenny17655 said:

Hopefully we all start getting our NOAs very soon! Where is everyone from? New York here. Husband is Jamaican (obviously)

I guess that was a silly question lol I can just look to the left

Hi everyone, New Jersey in here, hoping to see everyone moving forward with the processes very soon! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
27 minutes ago, 4A2 said:

Hi everyone, New Jersey in here, hoping to see everyone moving forward with the processes very soon! 

What part of Mexico your spouse from?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 hours ago, stacyt said:

What is on that list? Other than utility bills and Driver license. I’m having a hard time finding something Chase will accept. They told me a letter from employer, I told them he can’t work and if someone gonna write him a letter I’d rather use that to expediate his ead. They make it impossible. @K1visaHopeful What bank you use?

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

4 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

What is on that list? Other than utility bills and Driver license. I’m having a hard time finding something Chase will accept. They told me a letter from employer, I told them he can’t work and if someone gonna write him a letter I’d rather use that to expediate his ead. They make it impossible. @K1visaHopeful What bank you use?

Wells Fargo. I dont have the list but she said anything with my name and address on it. I had our mail in one hand and my accordian folder with my life in it under my armpit. I said take your pick and either my magazine or any of my immigration receipts would have sufficed.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Timeline

There are  2 December 2018 threads, it would be good to merge them no?

K-1 Visa

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Just now, Gibus said:

There are  2 December 2018 threads, it would be good to merge them no?

I searched for one before starting this one.  where is it?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Jenny17655 said:

I searched for one before starting this one.  where is it?

There is another one in the Adjustment of Status Case Filing and Progress Reports section where all the months topics are ;)

It would be easier to follow 

Edited by Gibus

K-1 Visa

AOS/EAD/AP:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I will be sending my AoS packet between today and tomorrow. So I guess that qualifies me as a December filer.

I have just few questions that maybe you can answer me:

- i-485, part2, item 4: the priority date is the NOA1 date. But is it the RECEIVED date or the NOTICE date? I read online both and I am so confused now.

- i-313, part 3: how specific we need to be for the date of departure? also, part 7 supplemental is required? what do i have to write there exactly?

I know you are already done this things and maybe this is not the right place to post this. But since you are fresh I thought you know the most.

Thank you

Have a great day

5 minutes ago, Gamisha said:

Hello everyone,

I will be sending my AoS packet between today and tomorrow. So I guess that qualifies me as a December filer.

I have just few questions that maybe you can answer me:

- i-485, part2, item 4: the priority date is the NOA1 date. But is it the RECEIVED date or the NOTICE date? I read online both and I am so confused now. 

K1 Noa1 received date

- i-313, part 3: how specific we need to be for the date of departure? also, part 7 supplemental is required? what do i have to write there exactly?

You dont have to answer it at all.

"Unknown" and "TBD" are acceptable answers.

And as a K1 you dont fill out the supplement at all.

I know you are already done this things and maybe this is not the right place to post this. But since you are fresh I thought you know the most.

Thank you

Have a great day

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.