Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

AOS packet sent 11/28, delivered 11/30. also waiting for NOA1s. Best of luck for everyone.  my husband finally got his SSN and our next step is to add him to as many things as I can.  does anyone know what we need to take to the bank to make a joint account?

That's fortunate! Social security gave us the run around and now his I94 is too close to expiring for them to issue a card. We will just have to wait for EAD now.  I think you just need to take his passport and social security card to the bank and proof of address.  You can ask the bank.  We had to bring lots of stuff because we had no social.  I bank. with Chase as well, he had to be with me to sign!  Good luck to you too!

Edited by Jenny17655

1 minute ago, Lebanese23 said:

I already have an account with Chase, so I will go there, i was wondering if they need marriage certificate or i-94? but i guess SSN and passport is enough, do they make you sign anything? i'm wondering if he needs to be with me or can I add him without him being there.

They may need your MC but only as a name change support document. 

I would say yes, he needs to be there. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jenny17655 said:

That's fortunate! Social security gave us the run around and now his I94 is too close to expiring for them to issue a card. We will just have to wait for EAD now.  I think you just need to take his passport and social security card to the bank and proof of address.  You can ask the bank.  We had to bring lots of stuff because we had no social.  Good luck to you too!

oh no! I'm sorry, that's why I went so early, I didn't want to deal with that #######. speaking of proof of residency, all I have is the letter that the SSN came in. I hope they don't ask for another.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Timeline
Just now, Lebanese23 said:

oh no! I'm sorry, that's why I went so early, I didn't want to deal with that #######. speaking of proof of residency, all I have is the letter that the SSN came in. I hope they don't ask for another.

I DID go early, they dragged it out the whole 3 months smh

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jenny17655 said:

I DID go early, they dragged it out the whole 3 months smh

oh you were one of those unlucky people who got stuck in a whirlpool:unsure:

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey, can anyone help…. I am using a lawyer for this AOS stage… I have gave him everything he needs to file, however we are now stuck as he is requesting/basically saying I need to go and have ANOTHER medical done. Can anyone explain this, form my research it seemed you do not need one (so soon/ again)  for this step, but he has told me if I choose not to it then it is my decision but risk having our application summarily denied? 

Thanks in advance! ( This is probably where the majority of you tell me i didn't even need a lawyer at this stage) …..

Timeline

I asked a lawyer for free advise and she told me the same thing. But I went ahead and filed against her wishes. I just filed ds3025(completed) as long as it’s complete and filed within a year it should be good. Wait for other’s advise just to be sure. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys, 

I'm trying to understand all the forms out but I'm stuck in the question about my "current status immigration" (I-765 form).

Is still K1 Fiance or is it now Adjustment Applicant?

Can someone help me out please? 

46 minutes ago, Lebanese23 said:

I asked a lawyer for free advise and she told me the same thing. But I went ahead and filed against her wishes. I just filed ds3025(completed) as long as it’s complete and filed within a year it should be good. Wait for other’s advise just to be sure. 

No need to wait. 

Photocopy the DS3025 and submit it with the I485.

(The end).

31 minutes ago, AAVCOSTA said:

Hey guys, 

I'm trying to understand all the forms out but I'm stuck in the question about my "current status immigration" (I-765 form).

Is still K1 Fiance or is it now Adjustment Applicant?

Can someone help me out please? 

K1 visa holder

I sent my package yesterday too. Lets  the wait begin =/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone!

I will be sending in our AOS packet tomorrow. Before I do, I would appreciate it if you guys can go over and check the things I have included in it. I’m scared that i might be forgetting something! (BTW, I am adjusting from a B-2 visa.)

Xq1Gqpo.jpg

EkjnRR8.jpg

- This is what’s in our I-130 :)

PhkNT66.pngAlso, this is how I compiled our photo. Is this acceptable?

x2OfHI8.jpg

lkKflI0.jpg

Ah4f6sR.jpg

- And this is the I-485 :)

uyMmKc1.jpg

- I used paperclips to separate different forms/documents. I hope this is ok :)

thank you in advance to everyone who will be checking this out! 

Timeline

I just realized that I never included the NOA2 with the I765 and the I131 I only included it with the I465. I'm so stressed that I am going to get an RFE now. I checked it a million times before I mailed it but didn't know that had to be in there as supporting evidence.  This is horrible. 

Timeline
11 hours ago, Gem&Corey said:

Hey, can anyone help…. I am using a lawyer for this AOS stage… I have gave him everything he needs to file, however we are now stuck as he is requesting/basically saying I need to go and have ANOTHER medical done. Can anyone explain this, form my research it seemed you do not need one (so soon/ again)  for this step, but he has told me if I choose not to it then it is my decision but risk having our application summarily denied? 

Thanks in advance! ( This is probably where the majority of you tell me i didn't even need a lawyer at this stage) …..

As long as it was done overseas within a year of you filing AOS your medical is still valid. You don't need another one. It was included in the envelope you gave to immigration at the airport. 

Edited by Jenny17655

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, krychy said:

Hello everyone!

I will be sending in our AOS packet tomorrow. Before I do, I would appreciate it if you guys can go over and check the things I have included in it. I’m scared that i might be forgetting something! (BTW, I am adjusting from a B-2 visa.)

Xq1Gqpo.jpg

EkjnRR8.jpg

- This is what’s in our I-130 :)

PhkNT66.pngAlso, this is how I compiled our photo. Is this acceptable?

x2OfHI8.jpg

lkKflI0.jpg

Ah4f6sR.jpg

- And this is the I-485 :)

uyMmKc1.jpg

- I used paperclips to separate different forms/documents. I hope this is ok :)

thank you in advance to everyone who will be checking this out! 

To me it looks like what you provided is good and well organized :) More than they need as proofs. Make sure that all form are signed. And also to not make the same mistakes than me with the check, you can take a look at this page https://www.uscis.gov/forms/paying-uscis-fees

K-1 Visa

05-16-2018: Interview (Approved)

05-23-2018: Visa Issued

08-02-2018: P.O.E Austin

08-24-2018: Married :)

AOS/EAD/AP:

09-05-2018: Package sent.                                                                 10-29-2018: New application sent.

09-11-2018: AOS/EAD/AP NOA-1                                                      11-05-2018: Reception text messages

09-12-2018: Request expedite AP                                                     11-06-2018: Fees cashed

09-12-2018: Expedite AP USCIS answer (request evidence).       11-07-2018: Expedite AP requested

09-13-2018: Evidence Fax sent                                                          11-08-2018: Expedite AP denied

09-14-2018: Notice for biometrics                                                    11-09-2018: NOA1 Hard copies

10-03-2018: Biometrics appointment                                               11-28-2018: Biometrics

10-20-2018: Rejected! (Check bounced) 😢                                   02-07-2019: Interview Notice

03-07-2019: Interview

03-07-2019: Card is being produced 🤗🤗🤗

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, krychy said:

It looks all very well organised and complete, but please note this is a subforum for people adjusting from a K1 or K3 Visa, so the requirements might differ.

For specific information about adjusting status from a visitor visa, I recommend you check the forum below:

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/130-adjustment-of-status-from-work-student-amp-tourist-visas/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.