JC&BS

Ghana embassy denying those with qualified cosponsors?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, PaulTheSheik said:

That has no bearing to what I am talking about. Of course the visa unit can reject a petition already approved by USCIS, they are not simply a rubber stamping organization otherwise there would be no need for the interview after USCIS approved. However Department of State cannot arbitrarily define their own criteria.

You can debate all you want  but the when it comes to visa issuance, they absolutely set there own criteria.  Uscis does not have anything to do with visas or decisions on visa applications.   That is DOS territory and there's alone.   Period.

YMMV

On 12/1/2018 at 10:31 PM, KristaDaniel87 said:

I had to have a joint sponsor because I only made $24,000 so I was $1,000 under rhe poverty level fir my family size. When my fiancé went to his interview they didn't give him no problem. 

Hi @KristaDaniel87, did your joint sponser fill out the I134 form as well and also, did you email your forms to the embassy after you completed your paperwork or did you mail them to your beneficiary? I plan on going to Ghana for my fiance's interview but, I'm not sure if I needed to email my documents to the Embassy or just have my fiance take the originals the day of the interview.  Thank you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 hours ago, Ramona M said:

Hi @KristaDaniel87, did your joint sponser fill out the I134 form as well and also, did you email your forms to the embassy after you completed your paperwork or did you mail them to your beneficiary? I plan on going to Ghana for my fiance's interview but, I'm not sure if I needed to email my documents to the Embassy or just have my fiance take the originals the day of the interview.  Thank you 

No I didn't email them to the embassy, my fiancé just took the paperwork with him when he had his interview. They didn't give him no problems or asked him about anything about the joint sponsor.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Ramona M said:

Yes the joint sponsor filled out the i134 form, I didn't think it was the corr2ct form but like I said they gave my fiancé no problem with the affidavit of support.

16 hours ago, KristaDaniel87 said:

Yes the joint sponsor filled out the i134 form, I didn't think it was the corr2ct form but like I said they gave my fiancé no problem with the affidavit of support.

@KristaDaniel87 thank you for the information. I was kind of confused about submitting the I134 form for my joint sponser.  Congrats on your approval and I just want this process for me to be over as well...... Again,  thank you.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ramona M said:

@KristaDaniel87 thank you for the information. I was kind of confused about submitting the I134 form for my joint sponser.  Congrats on your approval and I just want this process for me to be over as well...... Again,  thank you.

Thank you and I know the feeling oh too well.  When is your interview if u don't mind me asking?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.