dwheels76

NVC Filers - December 2018

410 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Aik said:

Hello everyone i received approval notice as on 25 sep and i called nvc 2 days before they said your case was received in nvc as on 1 November and u have to wait 8 weeks for ur case number. Such a frustrating time 

Yea. It all depends when your service center (USCIS) sent your case to NVC. Once NVC receives your case it takes about 5 weeks as per recent approvals. Hang on there my friend we are in same boat. My case was received at NVC on Oct 25 and recently Oct 25 people are getting their cases processed and their case number.  

March 6, 2018: i-130 petition filed.

March 14, 2018: i-130 Petition received. (8 days)

October 15, 2018: i-130 Petition approved. (7 months, 1 day)

October 17, 2018: Case sent to NVC. (2 days)

October 25, 2018: Case received at NVC. (8 days)

December 4, 2018: NVC case# Generated. (1 month, 9 days)

December 5, 2018: Fee paid online. (1 day)

December 7, 2018: DS-261 submitted online and Other documents e-mailed. (2 days)

December 20, 2018: Case closed. (13 days)

January 8, 2019: Interview Scheduled. (19 days)

February 26, 2019: Interview. (49 days) ....Pending....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

I-130 approved by USCIS      Sep 17, 2018

NVC received                          Oct 30, 2018

Waiting for case number. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

One question: 

Since i was told, i will be uploading all supporting docs electronically, does it also allow to upload photos (4 x6 size)  and if it does, how many ? 

Thank you in advance. 

Priority Date: 8/9/18

Approved: 11/20/18

NVC:???

I need to expedite at the NVC level due to a pretty urgent medical matter. Do I need to wait for them to get my case or to get the case number in order to do that?

9 hours ago, Aik said:

Hello everyone i received approval notice as on 25 sep and i called nvc 2 days before they said your case was received in nvc as on 1 November and u have to wait 8 weeks for ur case number. Such a frustrating time 

Hang in there! It took 8 weeks for us to get a case number. But if your country is pivot (means you will upload your documents online) you will get it within 4 weeks. Good luck! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, Shan2019 said:

Yea. It all depends when your service center (USCIS) sent your case to NVC. Once NVC receives your case it takes about 5 weeks as per recent approvals. Hang on there my friend we are in same boat. My case was received at NVC on Oct 25 and recently Oct 25 people are getting their cases processed and their case number.  

I feel so happy that we are finally almost there hahah mine is 27th.. definitely you receive yours Monday!! Hahahaha lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I as beneficiary K1, I sent a message through the CEAC website, with all my data and my Fiance, asking if the case number was already available, and they answered after a few days, sending me an email with my number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Sol&Danny said:

I as beneficiary K1, I sent a message through the CEAC website, with all my data and my Fiance, asking if the case number was already available, and they answered after a few days, sending me an email with my number.

I did sent an email to them, but no answer 😔

11 hours ago, Mieka91 said:

Priority Date: 8/9/18

Approved: 11/20/18

NVC:???

I need to expedite at the NVC level due to a pretty urgent medical matter. Do I need to wait for them to get my case or to get the case number in order to do that?

Sorry to hear that my dear. I think you should call the NVC first to confirm if they received your case from the USCIS then tell them you want to expedite and hopefully they will just transit/forward your case to the US Embassy in your country and skip the NVC stage. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.