youandme13

Requirements For Interview

21 posts in this topic

Hi.. It's my first time here, in my hopes that someone could enlighten me.. 

My questions are about the advisory on marriage, do i have to get 2 copies of that? 1 is for me and the other is with my husband's name? Or ok lang po ba kahit sakin lang? 

And my second question is about my birth certificate, merun po kasing letter dun na namali and then tinapalan nalang ng correct letter. Like for example my name is Shiela, and then the letter “L" was kinda blurry since tapal lang siya. I wonder if it will cause problems on my upcoming interview. 

Salamat po sa makapagbibigay ng idea! 

45 minutes ago, shinturner13 said:

My questions are about the advisory on marriage, do i have to get 2 copies of that? 1 is for me and the other is with my husband's name? Or ok lang po ba kahit sakin lang? 

And my second question is about my birth certificate, merun po kasing letter dun na namali and then tinapalan nalang ng correct letter. Like for example my name is Shiela, and then the letter “L" was kinda blurry since tapal lang siya. I wonder if it will cause problems on my upcoming interview. 

What form are you filing?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, shinturner13 said:

Advisory of marriage is not needed for the interview at the embassy.   

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/   << STEP 5 lists all the required documents

CFO will not ask for it either as you are already married.

As for your PSA birth certificate, if the correction was done by PSA (or the local registry) the embassy should have no issues.   Just the same, don't be surprised if the embassy asked for another copy, it could happen.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

https://ph.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/family-based-immigration/the-interview/   << STEP 5 lists all the required documents

As for your PSA birth certificate, if the correction was done by PSA (or the local registry) the embassy should have no issues.   Just the same, don't be surprised if the embassy asked for another copy, it could happen.

Hi, thanks for the info. Yes, i have this authentication from the local registry abour my name, so i felt relief to know it would be fine. 

As for the marriage advisory, i have a checklist, asking me to get that paper if the marriage was celebrated here in the PH, i was just wonder if i have to get us (me and husband) a  copy each. 

3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

I wanted to ask to if it is really needed to have an AKA in my NBI Clearance, i got mine today, but it has no AKA. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, shinturner13 said:

Hi, thanks for the info. Yes, i have this authentication from the local registry abour my name, so i felt relief to know it would be fine. 

As for the marriage advisory, i have a checklist, asking me to get that paper if the marriage was celebrated here in the PH, i was just wonder if i have to get us (me and husband) a  copy each. 

No need for the advisory letter .. you are already married.

The checklist you follow is in the link I gave you earlier from the embassy

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

No need for the advisory letter .. you are already married.

The checklist you follow is in the link I gave you earlier from the embassy

Hi, im referring to this checklist 

Screenshot_2018-12-02-09-38-08.png

Timeline
10 hours ago, shinturner13 said:

Hi, im referring to this checklist . 

Screenshot_2018-12-02-09-38-08.png

Ahhhhh, I was thinking advice of marriage :oops: (talk about feeling dump)  ... Advisory of Marriage from PSA which is the CEMAR (you apply for a CENOMAR, being you are married PSA will issue the CEMAR - Advisory of Marriage, form 5)   you only need one for the embassy.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
15 hours ago, shinturner13 said:

I wanted to ask to if it is really needed to have an AKA in my NBI Clearance, i got mine today, but it has no AKA. 

Yes the AKA is necessary,  the NBI should have your maiden name and married name listed.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

39 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Yes the AKA is necessary,  the NBI should have your maiden name and married name listed.

Yes i have my maiden name and married name listed. Was that mean by having an AKA? Thnx. 

42 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Ahhhhh, I was thinking advice of marriage :oops: (talk about feeling dump)  ... Advisory of Marriage from PSA which is the CEMAR (you apply for a CENOMAR, being you are married PSA will issue the CEMAR - Advisory of Marriage, form 5)   you only need one for the embassy.

Lol no worries,. Thnx for the info. I was worrying about it and thinking to get another copy with my husband's name. So now i know they just needed one. Thnx a lot Hank! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, youandme13 said:

Yes i have my maiden name and married name listed. Was that mean by having an AKA? Thnx. 

Then you are good... that is the AKA

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.