Ayna and Chris

Moscow appointment

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

We decided to stick with having our appointment in Moscow, and this morning I filled everything out for the "schedule an appointment" section on the site. I got a message saying "we have received your request for an appointment and will contact you when one is available". I keep hearing about people checking multiple times a day... where are you checking? can someone show me what its supposed to look like?

Timeline
On 12/1/2018 at 1:10 AM, Ayna and Chris said:

We decided to stick with having our appointment in Moscow, and this morning I filled everything out for the "schedule an appointment" section on the site. I got a message saying "we have received your request for an appointment and will contact you when one is available". I keep hearing about people checking multiple times a day... where are you checking? can someone show me what its supposed to look like?

Hello, how is it going? We are in a similar situation. They have told him they'd send him an email with the appointment time but nothing yet.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Pelmeni said:

Hello, how is it going? We are in a similar situation. They have told him they'd send him an email with the appointment time but nothing yet.

Did he get in touch with the embassy? Im quite confused if i should try to schedule the interview, and how to do it even. theres NO dates on ustraveldocs. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, Ayna and Chris said:

Did he get in touch with the embassy? Im quite confused if i should try to schedule the interview, and how to do it even. theres NO dates on ustraveldocs. 

Yes, called the embassy and they asked him about what dates he would like to interview and they said they would send him an appointment time and what to do next through email but it's been a week. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pelmeni said:

Yes, called the embassy and they asked him about what dates he would like to interview and they said they would send him an appointment time and what to do next through email but it's been a week. 

Oh wow, I'll try this tomorrow, Thanks! and good luck with his interview! I hope he gets one soon

Timeline
Just now, Ayna and Chris said:

Oh wow, I'll try this tomorrow, Thanks! and good luck with his interview! I hope he gets one soon

No problem. I heard that there is a group that helps each other out with Moscow appointments.  I"m not sure how but I'm investigating and but maybe we will hear something that will be helpful.

Timeline

Maybe they just mean they are checking their email. That's what we are checking.

Timeline
19 hours ago, Ayna and Chris said:

How is it going with you? We are still waiting for the email which gives us an appointment times and information about what to do next. It's been a little over a week. Good luck.

Timeline
On 12/7/2018 at 4:58 PM, Pelmeni said:

How is it going with you? We are still waiting for the email which gives us an appointment times and information about what to do next. It's been a little over a week. Good luck.

No luck. Called today, was told to wait for the email 😕

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Sincere sympathy regarding these woes, and respect for your "patience amidst the agony."

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Anastasia's been reporting no interview slot openings so far in December via the WhatsApp group. Not a huge concern for us right now, as our case isn't in Moscow yet and our plan is for me to meet her in Moscow for her sister's wedding in March and then come back together, but a little worrying in that it's backing up people ahead of us like the OP.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
On 12/14/2018 at 12:21 AM, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Anastasia's been reporting no interview slot openings so far in December via the WhatsApp group. Not a huge concern for us right now, as our case isn't in Moscow yet and our plan is for me to meet her in Moscow for her sister's wedding in March and then come back together, but a little worrying in that it's backing up people ahead of us like the OP.

Any chance she can add me to that whatsapp group? :) got packet 3 today! Whee. From what im seeing is lots of people are opting to go out o the country for their interview and it seems to be getting easier. Maybe it will work out for you in march :) when was your NOA2? 

Timeline

How is it going?  It seems that when they send you an email then they send you a link telling you that you may schedule an appointment. You follow the link and log-in and so far all we get is "no appointments available."

Timeline
On 12/13/2018 at 4:21 PM, DaveAndAnastasia said:

We are trying to get on as well but no appointments. So, does anyone know how they post them?  For example, do they post all available appointments in the morning or just post them whenever?  My concern is that he and I both work at jobs where we can't check multiple times a day whereas others who may even have been approved after us may be able to stay on-line and get the appointments when they pop up. I don't know how this process works but it's frustrating.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.