Approved interview... status on ceac?

61 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, metalmikecfh said:

visa is in my hand fligth to new orealns is booked  i leave on tuesday 😍😍😍

Yippee!!!! Me too!! 

Flying from London Heathrow Terminal 3 tomorrow afternoon. 😝😝😝

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I had my interview November 26th and I was approved. I was old 7-10days (I laugh now haha) so I stupidly booked a flight for December 13th as I thought over 2 weeks would be "more than enough time" (again...now I laugh).

So today if the 11th of December and I am in second AP. I have had no movement since 4th December and no emails etc. so I think its safe to say that I will have to change my flight.

The only thing is there is a rebooking fee to change so at this point I'm wondering what the best thing to do is.

Do I?

a) call, pay the rebooking fee and rebook for a date 10 days from now and hope that my visa come before then?

b) cancel the flight and just wait till I actually have the visa to book again?

If anyone has any advice or recommendations I would really appreciate it.

Kinda going a little stir crazy here from the uncertainty and the waiting (yet again!) It just doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason for the disparity in wait times after approval!! 

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bambi_Eyes9390 said:

If anyone has any advice or recommendations I would really appreciate it.

I'd personally cancel until I have at least a delivery date.

Seems london really slows down this time of the year for visas, same day as me and I've heard practically nothing. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, DeclanW said:

Seems london really slows down this time of the year for visas, same day as me and I've heard practically nothing. 

Delivery date means nothing if the truck breaks down and they stop their deliveries for the day. That happened to us. Waited all day and called late in afternoon only to be told the truck to me broke down before lunchtime.  

Check your visa and make sure yoru name is spelled correctly and all numbers  are accurate. That happens too and it has to go back to London for a new issue. 

Stuff happens you least expect. Rare, but you could be the lucky one to win a glitch. 🏆

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline

Hello guys! I have a question thats really getting to me at this point and i need to know what everyone else did. So the ceac website says "your case is ready for your interview when scheduledn if you have already scheduled please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter" so im assuming our application has arrived at the london embassy-  but we have not recieved any type of letter from the embassy and that message was updated from dec 3rd. Did you guys wait for an letter before scheduling the interview?! Even our lawyer is telling us to wait 2-3 weeks for a letter - but i cannot stand the waiting now! We have everything ready and i dont understand what were waiting for ! Please help

Timeline
On 12/11/2018 at 1:11 PM, DeclanW said:

my status moved to issued yesterday so just waiting to receive info from the courier...hopefully by tomorrow! Any movement on yours?

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Mez274 said:

Hello guys! I have a question thats really getting to me at this point and i need to know what everyone else did. So the ceac website says "your case is ready for your interview when scheduledn if you have already scheduled please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter" so im assuming our application has arrived at the london embassy-  but we have not recieved any type of letter from the embassy and that message was updated from dec 3rd. Did you guys wait for an letter before scheduling the interview?! Even our lawyer is telling us to wait 2-3 weeks for a letter - but i cannot stand the waiting now! We have everything ready and i dont understand what were waiting for ! Please help

I emailed the NVC for my case number and then once I had that, I booked my medical and my appointment online.

Do you have your case number yet? It should start with LND I think. If you have that, you an go ahead and book your medical and interview, you don't have to wait necessarily but its up to you.

29 minutes ago, Bambi_Eyes9390 said:

my status moved to issued yesterday so just waiting to receive info from the courier...hopefully by tomorrow! Any movement on yours?

My status changed on same day. I feel like it’ll end up being delivered on Monday now though 😭

2 hours ago, HarryWL said:

My status changed on same day. I feel like it’ll end up being delivered on Monday now though 😭

Ours was issued on friday, got the courier email tuesday and we selected home delivery, he just got his passport today if that helps you at all 😄 

Got an email from embassy at 11AM that my passport has been handed over to the courier :)

Feeling it’ll get delivered on Monday now.

Edited by HarryWL

Timeline
4 hours ago, HarryWL said:

Got an email from embassy at 11AM that my passport has been handed over to the courier :)

Feeling it’ll get delivered on Monday now.

same! 
I clicked on the tracking link in the email and it said that delivery is scheduled for the 17th!!

12 minutes ago, Bambi_Eyes9390 said:

same! 
I clicked on the tracking link in the email and it said that delivery is scheduled for the 17th!!

Same for me! When are you looking to fly? We're literally getting our passports back on one of the most expensive weeks of the year to travel.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, HarryWL said:

Same for me! When are you looking to fly? We're literally getting our passports back on one of the most expensive weeks of the year to travel.

I know its insane!
I'll send you a message 😊

Timeline

Just received my passport back a couple of hours ago.

Something worth noting is that you don't have to personally be at home to receive it,. I messaged DX customer service as I had to pop out to the store and the delivery hadn't arrived yet, they told me that as long as I left my ID with someone in the house to show it to the courier when it arrived it would be fine.

It's a good job I did cos I was only gone for 30minutes but of course that's when they came...my mum had no problems receiving the delivery for me with my ID. 

I fly out on Wednesday and then we get to start a whole other process but at least we will be together!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey guys! A bit behind you all , hopefully someone sees this - interview is on wednesday and im just worried about just everything ! Like im so worried theyll see me nervous and not sounding as excited as they would want me to sound while answering questions about my love because of nerves and theyll get suspicious 😓😓😓 did anyone else worry about this and how was it!?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.