Dashinka

Q&A: How Payless Brilliantly Bamboozled Fashionistas With Its Fake Luxury Pop-up, ‘Palessi’

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Just bought a Tommy Hilfiger shirt. Normally $65, I paid $14.  And a $120 dress that I paid $23.99 for.

Normally, I never buy name brand clothing because it is overpriced, as in the examples above.  But I was bored, and there was a TH outlet store in my path.  So I caved and paid what I felt they were not actually worth, not the price Tommy wanted me to donate to his lavish lifestyle.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I will say the one thing that I will pay a little more for is running shoes.  I used to get plantar fasciitis real bad with shoes from a Reebok outlet store, after I went to a running store and had some discussion, I bought a pair of shoes for a little more and no longer have any issues.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I will say the one thing that I will pay a little more for is running shoes.  I used to get plantar fasciitis real bad with shoes from a Reebok outlet store, after I went to a running store and had some discussion, I bought a pair of shoes for a little more and no longer have any issues.

I agree. Still not paying for the name though, just the fit. I usually get a good pair of insoles and change those out too. No sense saving money on shoes if you're going to have to spend it on knee or back surgery down the road. 

995507-quote-moderation-in-all-things-an

55 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

Just bought a Tommy Hilfiger shirt. Normally $65, I paid $14.  And a $120 dress that I paid $23.99 for.

Normally, I never buy name brand clothing because it is overpriced, as in the examples above.  But I was bored, and there was a TH outlet store in my path.  So I caved and paid what I felt they were not actually worth, not the price Tommy wanted me to donate to his lavish lifestyle.

I got a couple of TH's on sale too last week. I think it was $40 for both. Still doesn't seem like a deal, but I needed a couple of shirts for work and my $4 Hanes t-shirts  wouldn't cut it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

I agree. Still not paying for the name though, just the fit. I usually get a good pair of insoles and change those out too. No sense saving money on shoes if you're going to have to spend it on knee or back surgery down the road. 

We talked about getting inserts, but the clerk at the store told me to try the shoes first before spending o the inserts.  The shoes, in this case New Balance, did the job.  I am not a marathon runner, but I do 4-5 miles a day with the dog.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Bill & Katya said:

We talked about getting inserts, but the clerk at the store told me to try the shoes first before spending o the inserts.  The shoes, in this case New Balance, did the job.  I am not a marathon runner, but I do 4-5 miles a day with the dog.

New Balance are good running shoes, IMO.  And they come in XW width, which I need (4-6E).  But I STRONGLY suggest the inserts as well.  Having suffered from PF for over 18 years, I can attest that they make a difference.  Just recently had a Topaz procedure with PRP, still recovering, still in pain.  But hopefully it helps.

Still, the $20ish for the inserts is WELL worth it.  I use SofSole for PF.  

3 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Took me years to try a good set. My doctor recommended it and I buy them every time I get new shoes now. Of course if it wasn't for the 20 years of cheap shoes catching up with me, I probably wouldn't need them now.  

2 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

Took me years to try a good set. My doctor recommended it and I buy them every time I get new shoes now. Of course if it wasn't for the 20 years of cheap shoes catching up with me, I probably wouldn't need them now.  

What brand do you buy?  Customs, or generic?

1 minute ago, Steeleballz said:

I get the Superfeet ones. I get the the flex ones now. My doctor recommended the blue ones but they are like walking on solid plastic. I guess because they are solid plastic.  I could never get used to them.

Ahhh, I think I tried those blue ones once.  Did not like them much.  Had some custom ones made, beige hard plastic.  And even some springy stainless steel ones many years ago.  Those helped with the arches quite a bit.  But pricey. 

2 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

Ahhh, I think I tried those blue ones once.  Did not like them much.  Had some custom ones made, beige hard plastic.  And even some springy stainless steel ones many years ago.  Those helped with the arches quite a bit.  But pricey. 

I might get custom ones next time. I can't find them locally so I usually order on Amazon. Like several things on Amazon lately, the reviews for these have been starting to show a lot more people are getting fake "knockoff" products.

40 minutes ago, Steeleballz said:

I might get custom ones next time. I can't find them locally so I usually order on Amazon. Like several things on Amazon lately, the reviews for these have been starting to show a lot more people are getting fake "knockoff" products.

I just looked them up, and I misspoke.  I bought green and orange, didn't like the green, and never tried the orange.  Have been pretty happy with the SofSoles, so keep buying them.

The first ones I ever had were the stainless ones.  Mail order.  They sent a kit to my house, I had to stand on some crushable foam in a box.  3 weeks later, the custom arch supports showed up.  Wore them for over 3 years, as they would never wear out like the foam/plastic ones did.  I was even able to increase the arch by carefully bending the spring steel over a wooden dowel.  Might try to look them up online now that you guys got me thinking about them again.