Rell22

NVC Procees - May Filers 2018

123 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Rell22 said:

Have you tried calling NVC and asking? Maybe they are really falling behind with their website.

Yes. I just spent 28 minutes on hold waiting for a 5 second conversation of "It's too early for us to have your file. Give it 6 weeks from your NOA2 date"<_<

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/11/2018 at 1:30 PM, Rell22 said:

Have you tried calling NVC and asking? Maybe they are really falling behind with their website.

Case status finally updated today to "Case sent to department of state"... Almost a month after approval. Worried we won't hear anything for a while with this stupid govt shut down + the holidays. 

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Apple Bee said:

Case status finally updated today to "Case sent to department of state"... Almost a month after approval. Worried we won't hear anything for a while with this stupid govt shut down + the holidays. 

That’s great news. A couple more steps, and it’s all over. I planned to call January 7th for my case. That will be one month after my NOA2 date. Yes, unfortunately the Dept of State was one of the agencies listed that didn’t get funded. As of right now, I am not sure if they are funded enough to keep staff on for awhile before sending some home on furlough. But, NVC is definitely impacted by this. Keep your fingers cross that a deal gets done real soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Called NVC just now and was informed that my case was received on 12/18/18 and currently being processed! Great, great news! I am going to start calling every week for my case number after the New Year! Continued luck to all =)

Case Approved: 11/27/18

Case Sent to NVC: 12/11/18

Case Received by NVC: 12/18/18  (Exactly one week from date sent which I think is great. The agent also said that's a good sign ...crossing my fingers for a case # soon!!)

A word of advice guys, CALL NVC!! Do not wait around for them to communicate. I feel that every time I call, even if I'm on hold for a long time, I will get the info that I need. I've also been fortunate enough to have friendly and helpful agents who don't mind answering my questions so that really helps. But yeah, call in and ask. Don't rely solely on updates from the websites.

Edited by jantacza

Timeline
16 minutes ago, jantacza said:

Called NVC just now and was informed that my case was received on 12/18/18 and currently being processed! Great, great news! I am going to start calling every week for my case number after the New Year! Continued luck to all 😃

Case Received by NVC: 12/18/18  (Exactly one week from date sent which I think is great. The agent also said that's a good sign ...crossing my fingers for a case # soon!!)

A word of advice guys, CALL NVC!! Do not wait around for them to communicate. I feel that every time I call, even if I'm on hold for a long time, I will get the info that I need. I've also been fortunate enough to have friendly and helpful agents who don't mind answering my questions so that really helps. But yeah, call in and ask. Don't rely solely on updates from the websites.

That’s good news! You’re one step closer to seeing your loved one 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So, I contacted NVC today and received some good feedback from them. They told me that they are not affected by the partial government shutdown. They are being funded by fees paid by us for visas. Also, they told me that they just started on a new batch of cases. They couldn’t tell me the month of the cases, but when I asked when should I be receiving my notification the person on the line said “maybe soon, but allow at least 8 weeks”. I know most people in months behind us are saying it took about 6 weeks. I’m on my 4th week. If anyone further ahead in the NVC process stumble upon this forum topic, feel free to drop some words of advice before leaving lol. 

Timeline
On 12/27/2018 at 12:12 PM, jantacza said:

Called NVC just now and was informed that my case was received on 12/18/18 and currently being processed! Great, great news! I am going to start calling every week for my case number after the New Year! Continued luck to all 😃

This worries me. Your petition was approved just one day before mine but they sent yours to NVC on 12/11 and they didn't send mine until 12/21. I had actually called NVC on 12/11 because I thought they might at least be able to tell me if they received our petition and they said it was too soon. Then I got a notification on the case tracker app that USCIS sent the petition on 12/21, I can't understand why it took them almost  a month to send it. I called again on 12/28 and was once again told it was too soon for them to confirm if they've received it. I hope there's no problem. Seems like everyone else finds out rather quickly that their file was recd.

Edited by Apple Bee

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 1/4/2019 at 5:45 PM, Rell22 said:

So, I contacted NVC today and received some good feedback from them. They told me that they are not affected by the partial government shutdown. They are being funded by fees paid by us for visas. Also, they told me that they just started on a new batch of cases. They couldn’t tell me the month of the cases, but when I asked when should I be receiving my notification the person on the line said “maybe soon, but allow at least 8 weeks”. I know most people in months behind us are saying it took about 6 weeks. I’m on my 4th week. If anyone further ahead in the NVC process stumble upon this forum topic, feel free to drop some words of advice before leaving lol. 

Is this the 4th week from NOA2 date?

Timeline
9 hours ago, Apple Bee said:

This worries me. Your petition was approved just one day before mine but they sent yours to NVC on 12/11 and they didn't send mine until 12/21. I had actually called NVC on 12/11 because I thought they might at least be able to tell me if they received our petition and they said it was too soon. Then I got a notification on the case tracker app that USCIS sent the petition on 12/21, I can't understand why it took them almost  a month to send it. I called again on 12/28 and was once again told it was too soon for them to confirm if they've received it. I hope there's no problem. Seems like everyone else finds out rather quickly that their file was recd.

So I just called NVC and after waiting for 35 mins for a rep to answer, they told me they finally received our case on January 3rd. I'm glad because I thought there was a problem but I wish TSC would've sent it when the petition was approved instead of waiting 3 weeks to send it. We'd be closer to getting a case number if they did...oh well at least they got it. Now the waiting game begins again for a case number.... I hope it doesn't really take a whole 8 weeks to get one. 

Edited by Apple Bee

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

Timeline
18 hours ago, Elscotto said:

Is this the 4th week from NOA2 date?

This is the 4th week from when NVC received my case. 

Timeline
10 hours ago, Apple Bee said:

So I just called NVC and after waiting for 35 mins for a rep to answer, they told me they finally received our case on January 3rd. I'm glad because I thought there was a problem but I wish TSC would've sent it when the petition was approved instead of waiting 3 weeks to send it. We'd be closer to getting a case number if they did...oh well at least they got it. Now the waiting game begins again for a case number.... I hope it doesn't really take a whole 8 weeks to get one. 

Yeah, that’s real strange. Did you contact UCIS to see why? I guess, it doesn’t really matter now but 3 weeks holding your case is excessive. Well, good thing is if there was a problem NVC wouldn’t have it. I will do my best to keep you informed once I receive my notification from NVC to get the process started. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

I'm sorry if I am adding fuel to the fire on this waiting game everyone, but my wife's petition was received by NVC on 11/21/18 and we have yet to receive a case number. By Jan 16th it would be a full 8 weeks. I wonder what excuse they are going to give me. I'm sure they will blame it on the shutdown :) I can't believe that it would take someone 8 full weeks to input a file into a computer system especially this day in age with the technology that we have. I've been calling every other day this week, and it feels hopeless. They told me it could take up to 8 weeks, and when I told them that they have 3 more business days. She changed it, and said it could take longer than 8 weeks!!! I just laughed cause it's so F...Ked up that there's no point in arguing. I'll wait till the Jan 16th and if I don't get a response then it's escalate plus call my congress woman... OH I forgot they might be shutdown!!! 

Timeline
12 hours ago, peteryang2981 said:

I'm sorry if I am adding fuel to the fire on this waiting game everyone, but my wife's petition was received by NVC on 11/21/18 and we have yet to receive a case number. By Jan 16th it would be a full 8 weeks. I wonder what excuse they are going to give me. I'm sure they will blame it on the shutdown :) I can't believe that it would take someone 8 full weeks to input a file into a computer system especially this day in age with the technology that we have. I've been calling every other day this week, and it feels hopeless. They told me it could take up to 8 weeks, and when I told them that they have 3 more business days. She changed it, and said it could take longer than 8 weeks!!! I just laughed cause it's so F...Ked up that there's no point in arguing. I'll wait till the Jan 16th and if I don't get a response then it's escalate plus call my congress woman... OH I forgot they might be shutdown!!! 

To me, this is knowledge not fuel. Thank you for sharing. I’ve heard that NVC has been all over the place with their case processing time. I totally agree with you, it’s ridiculous that it takes that long. Background check, bona fide marriage checked, everything checked so why so long to issue the visa and interview? It’s ridiculous. But, we have to maintain hope because it’s out of our control. I asked them about the shutdown and they said that they were not affected because they are paid through fees. Not sure if this has changed in anyway. Good luck to you and keep us updated, please. 

Edited by Rell22

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.