sunshinefemi2014

why a delay in NOA2

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 hours ago, sunshinefemi2014 said:

I filed our K1 back on april 6 2018, i waited until late october to call uscis. i explained i was outside normal processing time. since thier own website stated at the time they were processing april 10th. they reassuranced me stating a few days you probbably would hear something. a week later i called again, this time they put in a service request to find out. on nov 1st i got an email stating the case was in processing and needed 45 days. i have called twice more asking how other cases from same country have gotten an NOA2 and we still havent. is this because we did it ourselves and didnt hire a very expensive laywer? anyone else have this issue and what was the outcome? i am getting aggrevated with not knowing

Hi saw your post. Am a Nigerian as well, am the US petitioner. I and my Fiance who lives in Nigeria have a 16 month daughter who misses her dad as well. I turned in my application Dec 20 2017 i didn't get approve till October 10th 2018(294 days) i had to wait 45 days, 30 days and another 60days though between those times i contacted my senate and congress man, his interview is next month.

Most times the delay is always  1. if either of u have been married before, have kids from other relationship and also been from Nigeria high fraudulent country. USCIS have to do their jobs  all you can do is wait and pray. I also thought having a baby together would hasten it but I was so so wrong, I just got back for the 4 th visit last 2 months.

Pray Pray Pray and fast it can be frustrating .

I wish you success

3 hours ago, amy1411 said:

Hi saw your post. Am a Nigerian as well, am the US petitioner. I and my Fiance who lives in Nigeria have a 16 month daughter who misses her dad as well. I turned in my application Dec 20 2017 i didn't get approve till October 10th 2018(294 days) i had to wait 45 days, 30 days and another 60days though between those times i contacted my senate and congress man, his interview is next month.

Most times the delay is always  1. if either of u have been married before, have kids from other relationship and also been from Nigeria high fraudulent country. USCIS have to do their jobs  all you can do is wait and pray. I also thought having a baby together would hasten it but I was so so wrong, I just got back for the 4 th visit last 2 months.

Pray Pray Pray and fast it can be frustrating .

I wish you success

First, congratulations on your approval and I hope the rest of the journey will be so smooth for you. Second can you tell me how those periods of waiting time were given to you, I mean were you told to wait 45 days and then you inquired and they told you to wait 30 days more? You think contacting your senator has helped?

It's been 72 days since they received our RFE response and i submitted online inquiry and they asked me to wait 45 days, by the way none of us have married before or have a child or any criminal record. 

Thank you. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, zahraa said:

First, congratulations on your approval and I hope the rest of the journey will be so smooth for you. Second can you tell me how those periods of waiting time were given to you, I mean were you told to wait 45 days and then you inquired and they told you to wait 30 days more? You think contacting your senator has helped?

It's been 72 days since they received our RFE response and i submitted online inquiry and they asked me to wait 45 days, by the way none of us have married before or have a child or any criminal record. 

Thank you. 

The waiting was insane, some days i will break down and cry but I had faith in God it will work out soon. By July( 7months) I contacted USCIS and was given 45 days via the inquiry and then another 45 days then I discovered this forum VJ where members advice  I contact my congressman and senator which I did in August, waited from then till i got approved in October 10th but am not sure if it did help but 2 weeks after my approval my senate office sent me a mail USCIS sent to them that my application has been approved. I didn't receive any RFE(prayed I dont), we have a daughter together and we both have one each from our previous marriage.

30 minutes ago, amy1411 said:

The waiting was insane, some days i will break down and cry but I had faith in God it will work out soon. By July( 7months) I contacted USCIS and was given 45 days via the inquiry and then another 45 days then I discovered this forum VJ where members advice  I contact my congressman and senator which I did in August, waited from then till i got approved in October 10th but am not sure if it did help but 2 weeks after my approval my senate office sent me a mail USCIS sent to them that my application has been approved. I didn't receive any RFE(prayed I dont), we have a daughter together and we both have one each from our previous marriage.

Yes I don't blame you,  the waiting is so hard especially that we don't know what's happening and we see people who filed 4 months after us are getting approved. I have attorney but I don't see that she cares a lot. I think i will wait for Monday to contact my congressman and see because in 5 days we will reach the 10 months since we filed. 

Thank you for your time and good luck with next steps.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, zahraa said:

Yes I don't blame you,  the waiting is so hard especially that we don't know what's happening and we see people who filed 4 months after us are getting approved. I have attorney but I don't see that she cares a lot. I think i will wait for Monday to contact my congressman and see because in 5 days we will reach the 10 months since we filed. 

The waiting is hard but it will eventually come for you.  The good news is that they have "touched" your case, you are just waiting for a decision on your RFE.  There was a guy very recently who had to wait over a year just to get an RFE.

Patience is a virtue in this process and its difficult to spend time apart from your loved ones.  But just to set your expectations, you are probably going to have a very long wait once you have your interview.  Cases from Iraq will go into extended AP and it would not be uncommon for that to take upwards of a 9 months to years to adjudicate the petition.  Nothing can expedite that process. 

1 hour ago, GP1977 said:

The waiting is hard but it will eventually come for you.  The good news is that they have "touched" your case, you are just waiting for a decision on your RFE.  There was a guy very recently who had to wait over a year just to get an RFE.

Patience is a virtue in this process and its difficult to spend time apart from your loved ones.  But just to set your expectations, you are probably going to have a very long wait once you have your interview.  Cases from Iraq will go into extended AP and it would not be uncommon for that to take upwards of a 9 months to years to adjudicate the petition.  Nothing can expedite that process. 

Yes I agree with you but as you see it's hard to see someone waiting 45 days after they respond to their RFE to get the approval, but here we waited 72 days and still counting, if we haven't received RFE I wouldn't be upset this much because I would say that they are still doing background check. The other thing as you mentioned, cases from countries like Iraq expected to go through extended administrative process meaning there will be more waiting for us and we already have been waiting 10 months just to get the NOA2. There's nothing we can do but wait. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, zahraa said:

Honestly from what have heard from this forum, Lawyers really don't help they are only interested in been paid. Contact your congressman/woman it takes 4 weeks for them to contact USCIS and get back to you for mine own state. What was the RFE about? if you don't mind sharing? Honestly i feel you and I know what it means to see people who filed way after you getting approved but one thing I always put in the back of my head is, everyone case is totally different.

Thanks for the wishes, I wish you the best in this journey time they say takes  awhile but it will soon come to pass and you will be with your love one

2 hours ago, amy1411 said:

Honestly from what have heard from this forum, Lawyers really don't help they are only interested in been paid. Contact your congressman/woman it takes 4 weeks for them to contact USCIS and get back to you for mine own state. What was the RFE about? if you don't mind sharing? Honestly i feel you and I know what it means to see people who filed way after you getting approved but one thing I always put in the back of my head is, everyone case is totally different.

Thanks for the wishes, I wish you the best in this journey time they say takes  awhile but it will soon come to pass and you will be with your love one

Our RFE was asking for evidence of meeting within two years I already submitted plane tickets, itinerary, affidavit from friends but it seems wasn't enough so we sent hotel receipts, chat and calls log,  and I wrote more detailed letter on how and when we met.  Thanks a lot for your support, I appreciate it. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, zahraa said:

Our RFE was asking for evidence of meeting within two years I already submitted plane tickets, itinerary, affidavit from friends but it seems wasn't enough so we sent hotel receipts, chat and calls log,  and I wrote more detailed letter on how and when we met.  Thanks a lot for your support, I appreciate it. 

Most likely your CO needs  a lot of proof with what  you sent that should be good. You will soon get your approval. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

@zahraa and @amy1411 bless both of you ladies...I know the wait time can be awful and some telling you to calm down is not what you want to hear because we've all been there and some are still going through it..Yes, it gets desperately frustrating and you have every right to feel the way you do..However to ease my mind, I kept myself busy during our wait time by picking up a part time job and making a trip to Lagos while our petition was still in process..It indeed helped a lot...If picking up a part time job or some sort of hobby to ease your mind while going through the USCIS phase, by all means to do so if you can...Our petition was sent out February 2017 and our petition was approved November 2017...I pray that both of your journeys end in praise...

Timeline

I have returned to Lagos with our son and stayed but since I got promoted at work that won't work again. it's so frustrating when cases get approved so fast, me and my fiance never been married before, been together for 4 years and have a son, I including pics chats letters, plane tickets itinary from flight and the stamps in our passports, receipts of places we went. I have read people.from here say the sent a few pics and a page of chat and calls and was approved. 

On 12/2/2018 at 3:29 PM, OlayemiLoray said:

@zahraa and @amy1411 bless both of you ladies...I know the wait time can be awful and some telling you to calm down is not what you want to hear because we've all been there and some are still going through it..Yes, it gets desperately frustrating and you have every right to feel the way you do..However to ease my mind, I kept myself busy during our wait time by picking up a part time job and making a trip to Lagos while our petition was still in process..It indeed helped a lot...If picking up a part time job or some sort of hobby to ease your mind while going through the USCIS phase, by all means to do so if you can...Our petition was sent out February 2017 and our petition was approved November 2017...I pray that both of your journeys end in praise...

Thanks for your support, it really helps. May God bless you. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, zahraa said:

@amy1411 and everyone who submitted online inquiry, when USCIS  replied to your inquiry, did they say your file is being adjudicated and you will hear some news within 45 days? Or was it something else?

yes mine did, has anyone heard back yet?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.