CamilaRemolina

I-130 Filers for Dominican Beneficiaries

47 posts in this topic

Ive been spending many hours reading and searching for something like this. Thank you! The USCIS has sent my petition to NVC today and hopefully it won’t be too long before I receive a case number to be able to start the next steps. I’ve been looking at timelines to get an estimate based on other couples. Hopefully it won’t be too long. I have gathered all the paperwork already as I’ve been doing a lot of research. My husband and I have a 7 month old and it breaks his heart that he’s missing him growing and developing. We are VERY ready to finally be together permanently. 

2 minutes ago, Jmgyg said:

Ive been spending many hours reading and searching for something like this. Thank you! The USCIS has sent my petition to NVC today and hopefully it won’t be too long before I receive a case number to be able to start the next steps. I’ve been looking at timelines to get an estimate based on other couples. Hopefully it won’t be too long. I have gathered all the paperwork already as I’ve been doing a lot of research. My husband and I have a 7 month old and it breaks his heart that he’s missing him growing and developing. We are VERY ready to finally be together permanently. 

My heart broke when I read that you have a 7 month old 💔 Have you taken your son to meet your husband yet?

I wish you the best of luck for a speedy visa approval! It's great that you're already at he NVC stage. I'm still waiting for my NOA2, which we are expecting for mid-February, early March. I also, just spend hours looking at other forums and timelines to get the best estimates and information on what I need. I'm super glad you commented with your situation. Although I am not up to the NVC stage yet, I am most confused as what is needed at the stage. What documentation is needed?

Yes he met the baby when he was 3 months old. It’s tough. 

Yeah I’m pretty sure you’ll get approval by February or March. 

It’s pretty early for you to gather the documents but just to keep in mind you will need: 

Your tax/income info 

marriage certificate 

his birth certificate (inextensa only, not extracto) 

his vaccination card if he can get it from the doctor he normally goes to

certificate of good conduct 

if he has been in the military, a document for that

proof of relationship (photos, shared property, plane tickets, etc.) 

Here are a couple of links you can look at as well: 

US Embassy Checklist specifically for DR/SDO 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/SDO - Santo-Domingo.pdf

Immigrant Visa Process NVC 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/petition/submit-a-petition.html

1 minute ago, EriRob said:

Hi everyone... i have a question i see that my VJ timeline changes everyday is this normal? Is VJ timeline accurate??

Hi EriRob, yes it is normal for the timeline's estimated adjudication date to change. You should not completely rely on the estimate they give, but they are a mostly accurate give or take a couple of weeks.

I see based on your timeline that your petition was sent to Potomac, so congratulations. Filers with petitions sent to Potomac are getting quicker than normal approvals. Your should be getting your NOA2 around end of March, beginning of April. Good luck! :)

20 minutes ago, EriRob said:

Thanks so much CamilaRemolina I'm on board with you! 

& Thank you! :)

34 minutes ago, Jmgyg said:

Yes he met the baby when he was 3 months old. It’s tough. 

Yeah I’m pretty sure you’ll get approval by February or March. 

It’s pretty early for you to gather the documents but just to keep in mind you will need: 

Your tax/income info 

marriage certificate 

his birth certificate (inextensa only, not extracto) 

his vaccination card if he can get it from the doctor he normally goes to

certificate of good conduct 

if he has been in the military, a document for that

proof of relationship (photos, shared property, plane tickets, etc.) 

Here are a couple of links you can look at as well: 

US Embassy Checklist specifically for DR/SDO 

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/iv-dv-supplemental/SDO - Santo-Domingo.pdf

Immigrant Visa Process NVC 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/petition/submit-a-petition.html

I have an inextensa birth certificate that we just got last week. Does it matter the date of when we got it?

He unfortunately does not have his vaccination records and doesn't think the doctor has a copy of this anymore? Any suggestions?

Have you obtained the certificate of good conduct for your husband yet? & at what point do you believe is a good time to obtain it?

So I should submit additional documentation of proof of relationship at the NVC stage?

Sorry for all the questions LOL & thank you for the links. I'm actually reading through them now :)

Are you from Santiago or la capital if you don't mind me asking?

4 minutes ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Hi EriRob, yes it is normal for the timeline's estimated adjudication date to change. You should not completely rely on the estimate they give, but they are a mostly accurate give or take a couple of weeks.

I see based on your timeline that your petition was sent to Potomac, so congratulations. Filers with petitions sent to Potomac are getting quicker than normal approvals. Your should be getting your NOA2 around end of March, beginning of April. Good luck! :)

& Thank you! :)

Thanks for reply back... they say that potomac is a fast center... i seen my timeline changed a whole month...

3 minutes ago, CamilaRemolina said:

I have an inextensa birth certificate that we just got last week. Does it matter the date of when we got it?

He unfortunately does not have his vaccination records and doesn't think the doctor has a copy of this anymore? Any suggestions?

Have you obtained the certificate of good conduct for your husband yet? & at what point do you believe is a good time to obtain it?

So I should submit additional documentation of proof of relationship at the NVC stage?

Sorry for all the questions LOL & thank you for the links. I'm actually reading through them now :)

I also have the same questions? My husband is from La Vega Dominican republic. 😊 I'm so glad that you made this group CamilaRemolina 

18 minutes ago, CamilaRemolina said:

It doesn’t matter the date of when you get the birth certificate. One of the document does expire after 6-12 months and you would have to get another. I think it’s the certificate of good conduct I can’t remember I’ve read so much stuff lol. My husband is getting that certificate on Friday. 

Its not necessary to get the vaccination card but it helps for the medical exam because there are so many vaccines that he would have to get and it will save money but if he doesn’t have it it’s ok. In the first link I posted there is another link of the clinic where he is supposed to get the exam and it has a list and prices of all the vaccines. 

The proof of relationship is for the interview. You don’t need to send that to the NVC but it’s nice to have it ready or an idea of what you want to show them at the interview. 

My husband is from San Pedro and works in punta cana. We’ll be going through the embassy in la capital.  And I don’t mind the questions at all. That is why we are here. 

Edited by Jmgyg
Correction

33 minutes ago, Jmgyg said:

It doesn’t matter the date of when you get the birth certificate. One of the document does expire after 6-12 months and you would have to get another. I think it’s the certificate of good conduct I can’t remember I’ve read so much stuff lol. My husband is getting that certificate on Friday. 

Its not necessary to get the vaccination card but it helps for the medical exam because there are so many vaccines that he would have to get and it will save money but if he doesn’t have it it’s ok. In the first link I posted there is another link of the clinic where he is supposed to get the exam and it has a list and prices of all the vaccines. 

The proof of relationship is for the interview. You don’t need to send that to the NVC but it’s nice to have it ready or an idea of what you want to show them at the interview. 

My husband is from San Pedro and works in punta cana. We’ll be going through the embassy in la capital.  And I don’t mind the questions at all. That is why we are here. 

43 minutes ago, EriRob said:

I also have the same questions? My husband is from La Vega Dominican republic. 😊 I'm so glad that you made this group CamilaRemolina 

You're a life saver! I found the links to the prices of the medical exam and the vaccinations you mentioned. I'll add the links below for whoever needs it (there are two links, one for each of the two approved offices):

http://www.consultoriosdevisa.com/requisitos-tarifas/

http://www.serviciosmedicosconsulares.com/#header

I hadn't realized they were so expensive :o Do you know if every single one of those vaccinations listed are the ones needed? 

Keep us updated on the process to get that police clearance. :)

Do you know if copies/originals of all the financial documents are needed for the interview as well?

My husband and I are both from Santiago. It looks like all of our husband are going to be doing a lot of long back and forth driving to la capital.

1 hour ago, Jmgyg said:

Oh and Dominican passport. That can be acquired at anytime. 

I hadn't realized until two weeks ago that the passport could be acquired at any time. I went to D.R. last week to Huacalito in Santiago and got my husband the passport. One less thing to worry about.

Hi,  Thanks for creating this. I filed Oct. 10th 2017, I'm USC and still waiting for USCIS approval. We got a rfe in June and still waiting. It's so frustrating, I can't believe it... My story is my husband was once married to a USC 10yrs ago. The marriage lasted less than 2 yrs and he left and went back to DR. Never heard or spoke to the ex ever again, he heard through family once that she was re married. When we met in 2015 and decided to get married he found out well in DR recoreds he is still possibly married. So he filed divorce papers just to be sure and after 6 months everything was finalized. We got married in Nov. 2016. The rfe was for his divorce papers which I had originally sent. But I sent it again with more evidence. Now it's been over a yr and I call I did several inquiries and USCIS keep telling me to wait. And that my case needs more processing and they waiting on documents from other agencies, what ever that means cause no one can tell me exactly what documents. I'm just so lost. The waiting is beyond frustrating! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.