BrianMarie2014

Cherry Blossoms - International Marriage Broker ( IMB )

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I don't really have a lot of time these days but if this topic has been covered by someone else I apologize for posting it again. I receive messages on occasion about IMB's so I think this should be a permanent sticky here on the site just to make it easier and less confusing for people to get through this already difficult and confusing process..

Briefly, my wife and I met on Cherry Blossoms back in 2014 and we were also confused by this IMB / International Marriage Broker thing. I contacted Cherry Blossoms directly and they sent a very nice email reply clearly stating they ARE NOT an IMB / International Marriage Broker. We were tangled up in this mess back then all it took was an email to Cherry Blossoms and they sent the letter. I guess now they are charging for the letter service which in my opinion is taking advantage of their already paying customers. If their sole intention to operate that site is for DATING and eventually MARRIAGE then why would that letter not be included since you obviously need it to file the I-129F petition properly.

Yes this K1 Fiancee Visa process is at times miserable but I have ( unfortunately ) had to do it twice over the past 12 years. The first time i went through this process it was completely new to me, I looked at it as I'm sure you all do with excitement and anticipation of meeting this new person. We talked for over a year, met in person for 3 weeks which is really not a long time to get to know someone but eventually you have to make a decision right?  I mean shes not going to wait forever but after 5 years we realized that our lives were going in different directions. You just can't anticipate everything and we had a very amicable separation and eventually divorce. It wasn't easy because A LOT of work went into the whole relationship so yes we tried but if it's not meant to be no matter what you do will not " FIX IT " no matter what anyone tells you.

A few years later I decided that after my past experience I would give it another try going in with a lot more experience and understanding of what I was really looking for. I met my current wife in 2014 while I was already in the Philippines visiting someone else that really wasn't the one for me. Call it fate, destiny or whatever you like but we hit it off great and I felt like I knew her my whole life. Is this time around 100% bliss?? BWAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!!! No not even close BUT we are compatible, we are like minded and we are willing to understand each other and be flexible.  I really think this is the key, flexibility. When you get two people from the same country, culture, socio-economic background, education, etc.... you will have problems so how much more with this?? PATIENCE... dear Lord patience of a saint at times because... well everything is just different here than there and it takes time to adjust and learn about each other.

I'm really not trying to be discouraging but I just can't stress enough to TAKE YOUR TIME and get to know your partner because chatting for a year IS NOT comparable to being together for that amount of time. Meeting your partner on a 3 week vacation type of trip is also NOT COMPARABLE to that period of time when they arrive in your country. The second time around was much better but if you consider the chances of meeting your future wife in your last week of your visit and you never even talked before... No I don't believe it's some random chance or happening I believe that the person you are destined to be with will be there in the time they are meant to be there. If that makes sense then the point is take your time because a year or two is nothing compared to a lifetime with the wrong person. But It's REALLY worth the wait when you find the right one :)

If you are not able to view the letter please let me know and I'll try to upload it again. If anyone has ANY questions or concerns please let us know, we re happy to help as much as we can. We also DID NOT use a lawyer either time and never had anything returned, the K1 processed through without an issue even with my divorce included the last time. 

Hope this helps ;)

Take care

Brian & Marie

So here is my letter to Cherry Blossoms

Brian

Jan 12, 2016, 8:45 AM

to office

Hello,

I am a current member on your site and met my fiancee through your site while on vacation in the Philippines. We hit it off and our relationship is going great. We are currently in the process of filing the K1 visa and there is a question about how we met. The I-129f asks if we met through an international marriage broker. I read the "About Us" page on your website but I didn't see anything about you being or not being an IMB "International Marriage Broker". Can you please help clarify for me if you are or are not an IMB so I can answer the question on the I-129f form correctly?

Thank you for your help and for a wonderful website. Because of the service you offer I met the love of my life.

Sincerely,

Brian Arnone

Here is my letter to Cherry Blossoms

Brian 

Jan 12, 2016, 8:45 AM

Hello,

I am a current member on your site and met my fiancee through your site while on vacation in the Philippines. We hit it off and our relationship is going great. We are currently in the process of filing the K1 visa and there is a question about how we met. The I-129f asks if we met through an international marriage broker. I read the "About Us" page on your website but I didn't see anything about you being or not being an IMB "International Marriage Broker". Can you please help clarify for me if you are or are not an IMB so I can answer the question on the I-129f form correctly?

Thank you for your help and for a wonderful website. Because of the service you offer I met the love of my life.

Sincerely,

Brian

Cherry Blossoms Letter back to me

Cherry Blossoms Customer Support <office@blossoms.com>

Jan 13, 2016, 3:35 PM

to me

Dear Brian,

Cherry Blossoms is not an International Marriage Broker. There are no introductions or matchmaking services or social referrals between US Citizens and foreign nationals. There are no written consent forms or contracts that members sign. Members search and communicate with others from their own free will. The government has written a very broad definition that includes almost all companies. 

USCIS is now requiring information on the websites (not just CB) that provided dating services between US citizens and foreign nationals. The intent is to try to identify International Marriage Brokers that charge women $10,000 or more to marry a U.S. citizen.  These companies profit from the marriage whether it is a valid marriage or not.  These companies have an agenda in making the marriage happen. 

Your fiancée did not  pay or signed a written consent authorizing the release of personal information. There were no introductions, both of you communicated from your own free will. You may also want to submit a signed letter from your fiancée confirming this fact.

Enclosed is our letter.

Best wishes,

CB Staff

P.S. Our US Visa Support offers an excellent comprehensive visa preparation service. We would be happy to assist you with your questions. For more information please contact us at visa@blossoms.com  or (877)907-8472 for a free consultation. Our telephone hours are M-F 7:30 am to 3:30 pm Hawaii Standard Time.

Edited by Penguin_ie
personal info

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you look at the main forums page, there is an entire sub forum on IMB and related issues.  The IMB issues has been around for more than 12 years and has turned out to be more nuisance than anything else.

YMMV

Timeline

YES you are exactly right about this IMB thing and if anyone used a Marriage Broker your bank account is all you would have to look at to know it. It costs thousands!!! Like I said I don't have the time to search the every post on IMB's that were posted to see whats there, I don't need the info I'm sharing it plus I attached the letter from Cherry Blossoms which I have no idea if anyone has posted it before.

Take care

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tjbox said:

If you would do i-130 instead, noone would care for your IBM even it would be so. 

I'm not really sure where your going with the I-130? Isn't that a petition for alien relative? I see you also filed an IR-1 and CR-1 which are not applicable to us.

Back in 2014 I didn't really know about the IMB and didn't really care, I didn't want problems with USCIS which I did not have. You absolutely CANNOT assume USCIS will do what they are suppose to do or even pass your application through EVEN IF IT'S CORRECT. . They asked for it so I submitted the letter. Done

FYI : ANYONE who is going through the K1 visa process and your fiancee gets a 10 year Unconditional Perm Res card you better look at it closely because my wife just had to get hers redone. There were 4 mistakes on it and the I-90 will be the fix. Just hope you didn't lose it.. 

1. She received a 10 year Perm Res Card ( WRONG )

2. It was unconditional ( WRONG )

3. Under CATEGORY on Perm Res Card it said K1 should have been CF-1 ( WRONG )

4. On her 10 year green card the date was wrong because it's 2 years after MARRIAGE and you can apply to remove conditions 90 days before.

My ex wife was also issued a 10 year card which was also wrong. Government at it's finest.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
30 minutes ago, BrianMarie2014 said:

I'm not really sure where your going with the I-130? Isn't that a petition for alien relative? I see you also filed an IR-1 and CR-1 which are not applicable to us.

Back in 2014 I didn't really know about the IMB and didn't really care, I didn't want problems with USCIS which I did not have. You absolutely CANNOT assume USCIS will do what they are suppose to do or even pass your application through EVEN IF IT'S CORRECT. . They asked for it so I submitted the letter. Done

FYI : ANYONE who is going through the K1 visa process and your fiancee gets a 10 year Unconditional Perm Res card you better look at it closely because my wife just had to get hers redone. There were 4 mistakes on it and the I-90 will be the fix. Just hope you didn't lose it.. 

1. She received a 10 year Perm Res Card ( WRONG )

2. It was unconditional ( WRONG )

3. Under CATEGORY on Perm Res Card it said K1 should have been CF-1 ( WRONG )

4. On her 10 year green card the date was wrong because it's 2 years after MARRIAGE and you can apply to remove conditions 90 days before.

My ex wife was also issued a 10 year card which was also wrong. Government at it's finest.

if you marry and file a CR1 the way in which you met isn't a question or issue.

i also dont think how LONG youve known someone matters to relationship longevity, but i do feel how much time you have spent together in PERSON can make a difference. Talking to someone on the phone or text, even for many years, does not mean you will be able to LIVE with them (jmo). There are of course, stories of those who met once and are making it work and seem happy. Which is great for them, but I imagine the divorce or unhappiness rates are higher in those couples on average. but everyone is different, yadda yadda yadda and the governments requirements (which are the only things that matter) are minimal, at best.

As far as the requirements for the government to prove you didnt meet through an IMB (i know its a question but is it actually allowed and they just want to know? im not sure?), well, thats a human trafficking issue I would imagine. They cant keep up with every dating site out there so proving its not is not a big deal. That site charging for a form letter is pretty scummy though. TOS from the site usually covers that. I've never been on ANY dating site. Paul and I did meet through facebook, and while not required and I haven't seen an RFE for facebook in a long long time, I did include their TOS, just in case I got the one random adjudicator who wanted to be a stickler for any kind of online meeting. 

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

OP- You might want to refrain from posting personal emails and real names in your posts...😉

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
19 minutes ago, missileman said:

OP- You might want to refrain from posting personal emails and real names in your posts...😉

yeah,  someone was only trying to help and we all advice CR1 now as the K1 is taking so long it is not advantageous

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

******  personal info edited for privacy and security, and post moved to IMBRA forum *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

2 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

just in case I got the one random adjudicator who wanted to be a stickler for any kind of online meeting. 

I manage adjudicators in another agency. There is always one...:-))))))))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
6 minutes ago, boris64 said:

I manage adjudicators in another agency. There is always one...:-))))))))

figured with my luck, i'd get that one. wasnt risking it LOLOL

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Timeline
12 hours ago, missileman said:

I completely understand your concern but I have my full name and several email addresses scattered over the internet for many years. I run an online business and I'm on many car club sites and full names, email addresses and even home addresses are not really an issue. Posting actual pictures of your petition details yeah that's a big no no.. People on YouTube are great at that...

Timeline
10 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

figured with my luck, i'd get that one. wasnt risking it LOLOL

You and me both, back in 2007 when I was dealing with USCIS they were actually somewhat helpful... 7 years later what a joke... I called just for a few simple clarifications on their new forms and they were about useless. These days it's nothing more than a call center at best directing people to their website or to contact a lawyer. IF you ever get into a sticky situation like errors on your Perm Res card THEN you might get transferred to an actual Immigration Officer. Maybe... Like I said earlier my wife and I did all the filing ourselves and this time there was my divorce involved so yeah nothing was left to chance :) 

Timeline
On 11/28/2018 at 8:58 AM, Penguin_ie said:

******  personal info edited for privacy and security, and post moved to IMBRA forum *****

Hello and thank you for moving my post to where it will be most helpful. I have a question was the attachment removed ? It was the actual letter from Cherry Blossoms on their letter head which is needed. My apologies if it is still there I didn't see it.

Timeline

I just realized that when this post was moved I believe the attachment Cherry Blossoms letter was lost. If that is the case I have re-attached it here. If for some reason the letter was removed for a site policy violation that I am not aware of I apologize. Otherwise if it were simply an oversight during the move here it is again :)

CB Signed 08-05-15.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.