TeamWelshican

Questions on the I-129F I haven't found answers for

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hello All,

Brand new to this and in the beginning stages of the process.

I have been reading on this site for months now, well before my fiance' even proposed because we already knew it was going to be the process we would need to take for our future. My mind just wanted all the knowledge I could get on it. I have tried to search the internet and on here for a few of these questions without any  success or the person inquiring about things on here didn't really fit my personal situation. With that said I hope someone reads this and is able to help.  :) Sorry in advance if the questions seem dumb or simple, I just want to get everything right and not leave anything blank/left out that shouldn't be.

Question 1. My fiance's mother is deceased, sadly she passed 6 months before i knew him. When filling out the information of his parents and where they currently reside, should i put ' deceased' somewhere in the box, like next to country of residency? Technically she is in Wales. I don't know if it really matters but you never know. ( 33.a & 33.b)

Question 2. Beneficiary's physical address abroad: would that be considered where he lives currently even though i had already filled that out in a different section? (47a.)

Question 3. For my job and his it will not let me enter 'PRESENT' in the "-Employment end date" box, Do I just leave it blank then?

Question 4. G-325A- I saw on some Youtube videos and online people had added this to their packet- are these forms still required? Is it a good idea to just include them anyways if not?

Question 5. We have both been previously married, i am including both are divorce decrees in packet, i was wondering if on our' Letter of Intent' do I need to included the we are both legally divorced  and our decrees are following pages after letters, or just add the divorce decees are included only in the' Table of contents". Also do the letters of intent have to be different or can i just email him what I typed up to sign and send back to me.

Questions 6. Does anything from him need a wet signature, one that is not a copy or printed out?

Questions 7. MY BIGGEST ONE- I've looked all over this site for help with this and no one had my situation. In regards to Part 3. 4.a

So back in 2013 i was pulled over cause half the word Missouri was blocked by a back up cam i didn't even know was on the car and in Missouri there is a license plan on the front and back, pretty sure i was profiled cause i was on cruise control for the speed limit as well and he was just bored i assume. Anyways  he played a cops trick of "you're free to go", hands back the license, wait 10 seconds, " but do you mind if i keep talking to you", i messed up and said sure when i should of got back in my car and left. Long story short i had 2 grams of weed and a pipe in the car. So i was booked and release 2 hrs later. I was charged with possession and paraphernalia. It was a misdemeanor and i got diversion for a year and completed everything. Now in reading what the section says i would assume its a "yes" for the question and a brief description? Do i also need to include a police report of some kind? I actually have the original arrest report, does that work, so if i need to submit it do i just include it? or will the description work? Only reason I'm concerned is because of the whole " No more RFE" ####### that came about this year. It's making me much more paranoid.

2nd thing is in 2007 i got a MIP ( minor in possession) of alcohol,  thanks to the city doing "party patrols" and someone who got pulled over after they left narc'd and with that I did a fine and release. Therefore I paid and that was it. I've looked multiple time online on our county site and it never comes up when i enter my name. Do i need to include that has well?

And i figure since i don't have 3 or ore conviction to the question 2.c. the answer would be a "No' which is the only time they request you send them documents and reports.

I also paid for a KSBI criminal back ground check on myself and nothing at all came up.

Thank you for reading all this and any help would be greatly appreciated! I keep hope this process will go smoothly, cause as well all know hope is all we have for this whole process. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
2 hours ago, TeamWelshican said:

Question 1. My fiance's mother is deceased, sadly she passed 6 months before i knew him. When filling out the information of his parents and where they currently reside, should i put ' deceased' somewhere in the box, like next to country of residency? Technically she is in Wales. I don't know if it really matters but you never know. ( 33.a & 33.b)

Just FYI, that USCIS' definition of country is United Kingdom, where relevant on your I-129F, not Wales. But for this section:

33.a. DECEASED

33.b. N/A

Question 2. Beneficiary's physical address abroad: would that be considered where he lives currently even though i had already filled that out in a different section? (47a.)

Yes, put it again.

Question 3. For my job and his it will not let me enter 'PRESENT' in the "-Employment end date" box, Do I just leave it blank then?

After you print it out, legibly handwrite PRESENT using black ink.

Question 4. G-325A- I saw on some Youtube videos and online people had added this to their packet- are these forms still required? Is it a good idea to just include them anyways if not?

DO NOT INCLUDE G-325A. Since 06/09/2017 G-325A is not needed: https://web.archive.org/web/20170427053222/https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f Be wary on relying on those guides and videos as the info might be outdated.

Question 5. We have both been previously married, i am including both are divorce decrees in packet, i was wondering if on our' Letter of Intent' do I need to included the we are both legally divorced  and our decrees are following pages after letters, or just add the divorce decees are included only in the' Table of contents". Also do the letters of intent have to be different or can i just email him what I typed up to sign and send back to me.

Keep it simple and it can say the same for both; 2 sentences, max: https://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

Questions 6. Does anything from him need a wet signature, one that is not a copy or printed out?

Questions 7. MY BIGGEST ONE- I've looked all over this site for help with this and no one had my situation. In regards to Part 3. 4.a

I'll defer to more knowledgeable users: @geowrian, @NikLR, @pushbrk, @Hypnos, etc.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, TM92 said:

Just FYI, that USCIS' definition of country is United Kingdom, where relevant on your I-129F, not Wales. But for this section:

33.a. DECEASED

33.b. N/A

Yes, put it again.

After you print it out, legibly handwrite PRESENT using black ink.

DO NOT INCLUDE G-325A. Since 06/09/2017 G-325A is not needed: https://web.archive.org/web/20170427053222/https://www.uscis.gov/i-129f Be wary on relying on those guides and videos as the info might be outdated.

Keep it simple and it can say the same for both; 2 sentences, max: https://www.visajourney.com/examples/Fiance_Letter_of_Intent.doc

I'll defer to more knowledgeable users: @geowrian, @NikLR, @pushbrk, @Hypnos, etc.

@TM92 Thank you so much for answering my questions! Very much appreciated 🙂

3 hours ago, TeamWelshican said:

So back in 2013 i was pulled over cause half the word Missouri was blocked by a back up cam i didn't even know was on the car and in Missouri there is a license plan on the front and back, pretty sure i was profiled cause i was on cruise control for the speed limit as well and he was just bored i assume. Anyways  he played a cops trick of "you're free to go", hands back the license, wait 10 seconds, " but do you mind if i keep talking to you", i messed up and said sure when i should of got back in my car and left. Long story short i had 2 grams of weed and a pipe in the car. So i was booked and release 2 hrs later. I was charged with possession and paraphernalia. It was a misdemeanor and i got diversion for a year and completed everything. Now in reading what the section says i would assume its a "yes" for the question and a brief description? Do i also need to include a police report of some kind? I actually have the original arrest report, does that work, so if i need to submit it do i just include it? or will the description work? Only reason I'm concerned is because of the whole " No more RFE" ####### that came about this year. It's making me much more paranoid.

2nd thing is in 2007 i got a MIP ( minor in possession) of alcohol,  thanks to the city doing "party patrols" and someone who got pulled over after they left narc'd and with that I did a fine and release. Therefore I paid and that was it. I've looked multiple time online on our county site and it never comes up when i enter my name. Do i need to include that has well?

And i figure since i don't have 3 or ore conviction to the question 2.c. the answer would be a "No' which is the only time they request you send them documents and reports.

I also paid for a KSBI criminal back ground check on myself and nothing at all came up.

For the criminal record, technically I think you would put a "no" for 2.c. since those were only 2 alcohol/substance convictions (I'll let others weigh in as well)... But if you want to take some worry off of yourself you could always select no and then include that original arrest report since you have it handy anyway, and any other court/diversion/etc docs that might be easy to track down... along with a supplemental attachment explaining what happened and why you've included the docs. 

They will know about both of those things whether you send anything or not, or check yes or no. In my opinion I'd say better to be totally forthcoming. Better they toss the stuff you sent out because it wasn't needed, than get an RFE because an officer decided they wanted to see it. 

Also - don't stress too much about that "no RFE" thing - It isn't "no RFEs" - It's only for people who blatantly leave out MAJOR REQUIRED components for the petition such as evidence of meeting within 2 years, proof of being free to marry. etc. It's to weed out junk placeholder petitions.

K1 Visa:
Filed I-129f 4/14/2018
Interview 3/27/2019 (Approved)
Visa received 4/4/2019

AOS:
Filed I-485, I-131, I-765 6/21/2019

NOA1 6/24/2019

Biometrics 7/15/2019

EAD/AP Approved 11/12/2019

Interview 2/20/2020 (Approved pending missing medical)
Approved 3/23/2020

ROC:
Filed I-751 2/15/2022 

Case Received 2/17/2022
Text message received 2/22/2022

NOA1 Recieved 2/26/2022
Biometrics Waved 3/28/2022

No.

Nothing mentioned is a bar to petition somebody.

Part 3 #4a would be a yes. Provide a brief description.

While not strictly required, people have received an RFE for arrest and court documents even with these types of crimes. I suggest sending them just in case to help avoid an RFE. They seem to ave really clamped down on the criminal history of aspect.

RFEs are still issued. They just issue NOIDs more often for missing required documentation (not supporting documentation).

I'm not sure how the cop played any sort of trick.

The MIP incident needs to be disclosed as well. This includes any arrest, charge, citation (other than certain traffic violations) , etc., even if it doesn't appear on public-facing background checks, has been expunged, is sealed, was pardoned, etc. As noted, they will know the answer anyway.

2.c. sounds like a no base don the information stated.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
31 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Nothing from the beneficiary needs to be "wet"

Technically, no.  However, since a passport photo is needed, why not have the letter of intent wet signed and included in the package in which the beneficiary sends the passport photo?  That's always MY recommendation.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Technically, no.  However, since a passport photo is needed, why not have the letter of intent wet signed and included in the package in which the beneficiary sends the passport photo?  That's always MY recommendation.

However, a Passport photo can be sent electronically and printed locally

YMMV

3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

That's what I did.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, geowrian said:

That's what I did.

Yup. My case it was 75 pesos for 6-2x2's and the image file.  Emailed it to me.  I laid it 4 up on Walgreen's website and for $0.19 I had what I needed and more

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

That's possible, of course.  It's just not MY recommendation unless there are other pressing issues to warrant it.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If you even mention any arrests/detentions/ involvement with the police the WILL send and RFE for court records so make sure you can get them before mentioning it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
16 hours ago, TeamWelshican said:

4. No you do not need to include it. It's already included in the I-129F form.

6. I'm assuming you're the petitioner? What my USC fiancé did was, he signed (wet) every page except my intent to marry letter, my passport page, and my birth certificate. Everything else he signed and put his full name, signature, and date. It was easy as we were together when putting the packet together. I suggest you stay on the safe side and sign every page as well. It's better safe than sorry,

Good luck on your process! Don't be scared or worried 😊. Just kiss that packet when it's complete and mail it out!😉 DO triple check every detail though.

There's no need to add signature requirements.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

AOS:

Spoiler

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

NVC

K-1

Timeline
7 hours ago, SMK&JDR said:

4. No you do not need to include it. It's already included in the I-129F form.

6. I'm assuming you're the petitioner? What my USC fiancé did was, he signed (wet) every page except my intent to marry letter, my passport page, and my birth certificate. Everything else he signed and put his full name, signature, and date. It was easy as we were together when putting the packet together. I suggest you stay on the safe side and sign every page as well. It's better safe than sorry,

Good luck on your process! Don't be scared or worried 😊. Just kiss that packet when it's complete and mail it out!😉 DO triple check every detail though.

Thank you for your input! So you included your passport and birth certificate? I thought only the petitioners birth certificate was needed and/or passport copies

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.