Greenbaum

DECEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,964 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello friends! We received our physical NOA2 on Saturday. Although the approval update arrived on Nov. 26. Our case was approved on Nov. 23. Since when do I count the days to arrive at the NVC? Thanks and good luck to all!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Is anyone in a similar bind? The P3 for the embassy I'll interview at is not very clear(I'm looking at a 2014 version for Guangzhou from the subforum, attached below). If I am a beneficiary of K1, a foreign national residing in China, and I did NOT live in Taiwan, where I was born, from age 16 onward, do I still need a police certificate from age 0-9 from Taiwan? Accd to the paragraph below, what do you all think?

Btw, I couldn't find answers on both the China and the Taiwan subforums. Calling the Guangzhou embassy got me nowhere, as I kept being redirected to the machine. I am a bit frustrated because I don't know where to find the answers I need.

Thank you for your help in advance!

image.thumb.png.37d328f97769a4a36997acc0b123c09b.png

Edited by Sam&Olive

9 hours ago, Alex&Vivi said:

Hello friends! We received our physical NOA2 on Saturday. Although the approval update arrived on Nov. 26. Our case was approved on Nov. 23. Since when do I count the days to arrive at the NVC? Thanks and good luck to all!

It can take 2-4 weeks. Lately it's been closer to 4+ weeks but things seem to be moving faster at the moment with the upcoming holidays.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

2 hours ago, Sam&Olive said:

Is anyone in a similar bind? The P3 for the embassy I'll interview at is not very clear(I'm looking at a 2014 version for Guangzhou from the subforum, attached below). If I am a beneficiary of K1, a foreign national residing in China, and I did NOT live in Taiwan, where I was born, from age 16 onward, do I still need a police certificate from age 0-9 from Taiwan? Accd to the paragraph below, what do you all think?

Btw, I couldn't find answers on both the China and the Taiwan subforums. Calling the Guangzhou embassy got me nowhere, as I kept being redirected to the machine. I am a bit frustrated because I don't know where to find the answers I need.

Thank you for your help in advance!

ONLY from the age of 16 so none needed from Taiwan.

I think you will find the documents a little more current.

This is a website that is dedicated to those who are processing a visa from the US Embassy in China. I personally don't have a lot of knowledge so "buyer be where".

http://candleforlove.com/

From another VJ member who had firsthand knowledge provided this information.

GUZ takes on average 30 days to deliver P3, it is not electronic.

I can tell you that P3 for GUZ is only 4 line items

1. DS-160 Confirmation Page

2. Copy of Passport Personal Page

3. 2 Passport style photos White Background, Well Lit, 50mm x 50mm

4. Return the P3 instructions page

#4 is what prevents people in China from getting a head start, they want the instructions page mailed back with the requested documents.

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp#KVisaPetitions

P3 Letter for China:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gcrLW0OCkGfdz43tehWNmgDayJUrRTdj/view?usp=sharing

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview. K visa applicants will be notified by the U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou when it is time to schedule an interview.

An individual with an approved petition and a priority date that is current for processing (when applicable) is eligible to apply for an immigrant visa or K nonimmigrant visa. Immigrant visa applicants will be notified by either the National Visa Center (NVC)

And don't forget the help from other members here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/94-china/

And the Portal here on VJ for processing in China and what to expect

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=China&cty=Guangzhou

or the http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-iv-visaapplyinfo.asp

Don't waste time while you're waiting for P3, complete DS-160 and print confirmation page. Since you are from China(I provided your website for you below), go to the 2nd link below and click immigrant to register under K1 visa. After you register and enter info it should be clear on how to pay fee, make sure you print Bank deposit slip. just follow directions under Nonimmigrant Visa, but make sure when you register K1 is under Immigrant Visa.

Directions go to http://www.ustraveldocs.com/cn/cn-niv-visaapply.asp

Register(Create Account) https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=China After you register make sure to choose K1 visa under Immigrant, it wasn't an option for me under non-immigrant.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

9 hours ago, Air27 said:

IR-2

Noa 2 Oct 22

NVC Nov 5(received)

still waiting for case number🙁

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

14 hours ago, MissEclair said:

We just got our NOA2 on 11-21-18 so it looks like this is our forum. 😀

I’m leaving for the Netherlands on the 20th to spend Christmas with my fiancé and his family (he’s Dutch but lives in Austria). I’m hoping to maybe have a case number by then.

I know Austria isn’t as common as the other countries but if anyone has info on what to expect there with the remaining process I’d be very grateful.

Select your flag in your profile in the left hand column and another page will populate with additional information specific to Austria. There is a lot of informaiton there.

I usually have a P3 letter but like you said Austria hasn't been that common "around these parts" (sorry southern US slang). If and when you receive one from your embassy can  you share a copy with me so I can share with others who will come behind you? Thanks. Just PM me here on VJ when you have it.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Select your flag in your profile in the left hand column and another page will populate with additional information specific to Austria. There is a lot of informaiton there.

I usually have a P3 letter but like you said Austria hasn't been that common "around these parts" (sorry southern US slang). If and when you receive one from your embassy can  you share a copy with me so I can share with others who will come behind you? Thanks. Just PM me here on VJ when you have it.

Thank you! I will definitely share once received.

AOS/EAD/AP

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/06/2019   NOA1 Notice Date

06/14/2019   Biometrics Appointment letter received  

07/01/2019   Biometrics Appointment

07/05/2019   Called USCIS to Expedite EAD based on job offer

07/17/2019   RFE letter received by mail for expedite

07/17/2019   Faxed supporting documents for expedite

08/06/2019   Called USCIS to inquire if fax was received

08/09/2019   Card in Production!

1 hour ago, Greenbaum said:

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile of others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile that sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question with factual information.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right-hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Profile edited done😊

Idk why nvc is taking so long for our Mcn we are calling everyday and they always telling us to wait up to 8 weeks🙁 Almost a months since they've received our papers

Edited by Air27

1 hour ago, Air27 said:

Profile edited done😊

Idk why nvc is taking so long for our Mcn we are calling everyday and they always telling us to wait up to 8 weeks🙁 Almost a months since they've received our papers

Thanks for the update to your profile. It's taken longer now because there's so many people that are applying. Just have to have some more patience.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

19 minutes ago, Artelle2019 said:

Just called NVC and they recieved my file today. Now the waiting game begins for a case number. Hopefully they'll speed things up! :)

That's great news. give it a few days before you call. I'd recommend calling on Friday.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

That's great news. give it a few days before you call. I'd recommend calling on Friday.

Thanks for the recommendation.  So is there a possibility I could make the next batch (crossing fingers)?????

Just now, Artelle2019 said:

Thanks for the recommendation.  So is there a possibility I could make the next batch (crossing fingers)?????

If you get it this week yes. 

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.