1,964 posts in this topic

Bump

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

3 hours ago, d24v said:

Well we are (maybe) at the NVC now and waiting on case number and transfer, so I'll carry over my membership from November and join this one. :)  

Welcome. We won't charge you for the extra month as we have a special buy one and get one free. :jest:

Here is an early Xmas present which is preparation information for your upcoming interview.

You can't hurry it along at all. You have to wait for P3 which takes 2-4 weeks from Ready. Comply with what they ask for in P3 (the actually one they send you) by sending them a copy of the signed P3 checklist, your DS160 confirmation and your Passport Bio. Then they send you P4. Then they tell you to register to schedule and you'll wait some more for interviews to open up, which only happens once a month during the last week of the month for two months ahead UNLESS you are lucky and you scoop up a cancellation. Get your medical appointment first so you can schedule the interview shortly afterwards.

Packet 3: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/07/Packet3Instructions-K1.pdf  And Packet 4 for reference also: https://ca.usembassy.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/27/2016/03/Packet4-MTL.pdf

For all things dealing with the US Consulate in Canada head on over to the subforum for Canada where they will answer your questions for the processing of your visa from their personal experience. Link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/93-canada/

Get the Canadian K1 P3 letter at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/canada/303578/montreal/Packet3-K1-MTL.pdf as this is your bible needed to complete and receive your visa. The required documents are included and use the P3 as a check list. Once you have completed or gathered the required documents you'll be ready for your interview. If it is not on the Embassy letter, it probably is not needed.

Last but not least, READ the pages on the US Embassy website for you country so that you are up to speed.

http://canada.usembassy.gov/

https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-ca/iv

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

which only happens once a month during the last week of the month for two months ahead UNLESS you are lucky and you scoop up a cancellation

Really?  Well, fingers crossed for a cancellation along the way.  Based on what I've read in the Canada forum waiting for P3, if we're lucky we'll get P3/P4 in mid-Jan.  

Timeline

Hey kids! I'm tail end of Nov for my NOA2, so following here makes sense since i'm likely not getting anything achieved-->sent to NVC-->Consulate etc  till maybe Dec. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
4 hours ago, Smashy said:

Hey kids! I'm tail end of Nov for my NOA2, so following here makes sense since i'm likely not getting anything achieved-->sent to NVC-->Consulate etc  till maybe Dec. :)

Same here! 

The start of our K1 Visa Journey from Cuba to Miami

6/14/2018             NOA1 Receipt Date

6/19/2018             NOA1 Notice Date

11/26/2018           NOA2 Notice Date

11/27/2018           NOA2 Approval received via USCIS Case Tracker! 

11/30/2018           NOA2 Hardcopy Received in Mail

12/03/2018           NVC Received Case

12/13/2018           NVC Case # Received

12/27/2018           Case received & Intv Given by Guyana Embassy

01/23/2019           Interview Scheduled 

1/29/2019             Entered the US through Miami, FL 

2/26/2019             Married in Miami! 

3/13/2019             Sent in I-485 - AOS

5/31/2019             Interview Scheduled 

7/2/2019               Approval notice via USCIS App! 

7/10/2019            GC Received! 

Best Regards,

Monica Alfonso

Timeline

My understanding of what to do after NOA2 is issued for USA CONSULATE, MONTREAL, people in this thread who are also DEC NOA2/NVCers --->let me know if i have this wrong, advice, corrections, helpful hints would be a great help:

1) Update email address at CEAC

2) Wait two weeks then call NVC to see if they received and assigned a case number

3) Get case number then apply online for the  DS160 - save the confirmation page. (when does "ready" show up on CEAC?)

4) Pay DS160 fee's (same place?) then save receipt

5) Wait for packet 3 and send back what they require (or i see ppl say on here "just send it in"? I dunno, its confusing)

6) Wait for packet 4 then register to try to get an interview.

7) Get medical appointment before interview, so do this first to see dates available??

8 ) Go to consulate and do interview. 

9) Get approval, like a badass... lol

Pretty sure i got some of this wrong but i'm kinda feeling info overload. Halppppp...lol

thanks guys

Edited by Smashy
typo

10 hours ago, Smashy said:

My understanding of what to do after NOA2 is issued for USA CONSULATE, MONTREAL, people in this thread who are also DEC NOA2/NVCers --->let me know if i have this wrong, advice, corrections, helpful hints would be a great help:

1) Update email address at CEAC

2) Wait two weeks then call NVC to see if they received and assigned a case number

3) Get case number then apply online for the  DS160 - save the confirmation page. (when does "ready" show up on CEAC?)

4) Pay DS160 fee's (same place?) then save receipt

5) Wait for packet 3 and send back what they require (or i see ppl say on here "just send it in"? I dunno, its confusing)

6) Wait for packet 4 then register to try to get an interview.

7) Get medical appointment before interview, so do this first to see dates available??

8 ) Go to consulate and do interview. 

9) Get approval, like a badass... lol

Pretty sure i got some of this wrong but i'm kinda feeling info overload. Halppppp...lol

thanks guys

I was hoping that you would read the thread and see that I provided everything that is needed for the interview in Montreal. Go up a couple of post and there you will have what you need. Unless someone is a step ahead of you and from Canada it's would be hard for someone from Germany, Cuba or Finland to know what is expected for Montreal. It is different for each embassy BUT some items can be similar. Hate to see you make a mistake. Use the P3 link and use the document as your checklist for the interview. BTW head on over to the sub-forum for Canada and get to know the folks their. There is a WEALTH of information then can only help you.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

19 minutes ago, Smashy said:

Thanks Greenbaum, i did read the thread but am still a tad confused hence my post. I'll re-read it.

Pose your question again in the Montreal sub forum.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So what called NVC around 10pm last night to ask if they'd received my visa petition. My call was answered in less than 3minutes, I think that was super cool.

2 hours ago, Drsmile said:

So what called NVC around 10pm last night to ask if they'd received my visa petition. My call was answered in less than 3minutes, I think that was super cool.

That is one of those times that the phone lines are not tied up and are answered on the first few rings. Also, right at 7 am is another time but if you wait 10 min to call 30-45 min wait. So, you did pick the best time to call. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline

We just got our NOA2 on 11-21-18 so it looks like this is our forum. 😀

I’m leaving for the Netherlands on the 20th to spend Christmas with my fiancé and his family (he’s Dutch but lives in Austria). I’m hoping to maybe have a case number by then.

I know Austria isn’t as common as the other countries but if anyone has info on what to expect there with the remaining process I’d be very grateful.

AOS/EAD/AP

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/06/2019   NOA1 Notice Date

06/14/2019   Biometrics Appointment letter received  

07/01/2019   Biometrics Appointment

07/05/2019   Called USCIS to Expedite EAD based on job offer

07/17/2019   RFE letter received by mail for expedite

07/17/2019   Faxed supporting documents for expedite

08/06/2019   Called USCIS to inquire if fax was received

08/09/2019   Card in Production!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.