The Nature  Boy

Watch: Six Years Ago Obama Promised to Buy a Chevy Volt. Now It Is Dead

44 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

But but..

EVs are way less wear and tear on brake pads and rotors and they don't require frequent liquid changes.

That right there is a valid point and one of the things I like about them. They require less maintinence overall as they have less mechanical parts. Not just as far as brakes and fluids go. I also like the fact that electric motors have more torque from a complete stop than gas engines. Now all we need is a loud obnoxious sound when you rev the engine (motor) and I'm in.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Just now, jg121783 said:

That right there is a valid point and one of the things I like about them. They require less maintinence overall as they have less mechanical parts. Not just as far as brakes and fluids go. I also like the fact that electric motors have more torque from a complete stop than gas engines. Now all we need is a loud obnoxious sound when you rev the engine (motor) and I'm in.

1 minute ago, jg121783 said:

I miss that sound from the cars of my youth, not the rough sound of resonators on a Toyota or Honda but the roar of a big block Chevy, Ford or Mopar engine. my first car had a 455 in it

4 hours ago, jg121783 said:

This is not so much an argument against electric cars as it is an argument against those who claim they are more environmentally friendly. And it is a valid point in that argument.

Foreign cars made in American factories by American workers. Kind of a win win for those who like foreign cars. Especially when American companies are accepting government subsidies only to stab us in the back and move production overseas.

Exactly. Many so called foriegn cars/Trucks have more American labor and parts than their domestic counterparts. Also have better quality and resell value. 

15 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

There was a movie about that.  The new Avalon has a sound generator of sorts 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
7 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

No need to tout any brand. I just get a chuckle seeing the VJ  Trump supporters buying foreign cars. 

Screw Trump.  He hasn't given me anything free.  I'm switching sides.

Along with free education and free healthcare I'm hoping for a free car.

Anybody know if there are any free Obama phones left?

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

50 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

I miss that sound from the cars of my youth, not the rough sound of resonators on a Toyota or Honda but the roar of a big block Chevy, Ford or Mopar engine. my first car had a 455 in it

Yeah those sounds will never go away, there will always be a market for high performance cars.. my personal favorites are from group b rally. 

The Audi S2s from that period sound heavenly. 

2 hours ago, Neonred said:

Screw Trump.  He hasn't given me anything free.  I'm switching sides.

Along with free education and free healthcare I'm hoping for a free car.

Anybody know if there are any free Obama phones left?

What does that have to do with the price of oranges in Florida? 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

1 hour ago, Keith & Arileidi said:

Yeah those sounds will never go away, there will always be a market for high performance cars.. my personal favorites are from group b rally. 

The Audi S2s from that period sound heavenly. 

How about this? 

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Timeline
10 hours ago, spookyturtle said:

No need to tout any brand. I just get a chuckle seeing the VJ  Trump supporters buying foreign cars. 

So you don’t really have any comments to make, just trying to stir the pot, eh?  Noted.

Fair disclosure - I didn’t vote for Trump.  And Honda has been made in America for many years now.  

You still haven’t told us what brand you drive.

46 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

Haven’t heard this before.  What’s the reasoning for less brake wear?

They use the kinetic energy of braking to generate power. The restiance of the generators do most of the braking.  Not uncommon for a Prius to run 100k + on 1 set of brakes.

Filed: Timeline
24 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

They use the kinetic energy of braking to generate power. The restiance of the generators do most of the braking.  Not uncommon for a Prius to run 100k + on 1 set of brakes.

Ahh, that makes sense.

On a side note, my last truck had 89,000 miles on it when I sold it.  And never replaced the brakes.