jg121783

Ocasio-Cortez calls for sending 5,000 caseworkers to border ‘to process visa applications’

117 posts in this topic

I figured it out!

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/release/tables?rid=53&eid=5272&od=2018-04-01# - Federal government current receipts and expenditures

https://apps.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm?reqid=19&step=3&isuri=1&1921=survey&1903=86 - Total government current receipts and expenditures

- They have another table for just the federal government (here - https://apps.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm?reqid=19&step=3&isuri=1&1921=survey&1903=86) that matches the top link.

Though I don't completely understand what the "government" table really is. If you add up the federal government and the state/local receipts, they don't total the "government" table (For example Q3 2018 Fed 3,541.8 + State/Local 2619.3 = 6160, but the government table shows 5574.1)

What would be excluded from "Total government" when combining federal and state/local receipts? 

Also it's interesting that the federal government overall has not taken in more (in fact they are down) after the tax cuts, but the state and local governments have improved. Any thoughts?

27 minutes ago, Satisfied said:

I like this one, because it agrees with me!!  (LOL, j/k)

dm4cc8.jpg

Here you go, bcking.  A SS for you. 

Yes, it shows tax revenue up.  Particularly from other countries.  Unfortunately, outflow is also up, so it’s not as much to get excited about as one might think.

Agree spending is up, so the increasing revenue from the tax cuts does not help. Just pointing out that the mdl talking point that. Tax cuts caused a drop in tax revenue is simply not true 

2 minutes ago, The Nature Boy said:

Agree spending is up, so the increasing revenue from the tax cuts does not help. Just pointing out that the mdl talking point that. Tax cuts caused a drop in tax revenue is simply not true 

To be specific tax cuts were associated with a drop in tax revenue for the federal government, but an increase in state and local tax revenue.

We should leave the word "cause" out of the discussion.

Edited by bcking

Filed: Timeline
6 minutes ago, bcking said:

To be specific tax cuts were associated with a drop in tax revenue for the federal government, but an increase in state and local tax revenue.

We should leave the word "cause" out of the discussion.

I think the individual taxes are dropping.  But since more people are working now, there is more income than last year.  However, spending has increased even more, so the deficit is still growing.  

Very simplistic overview, I know, but about to get on a plane.  Toodles, friends!

https://apps.bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm?reqid=19&step=3&isuri=1&1921=survey&1903=86

If you look at Federal government receipts, total receipts (as well as the individual category for personal current taxes) have declined.

Seems to be local governments that have seen an associated benefit from the tax cuts, but not the federal government.

EDIT: The link seems to keep going back to Table 3.1. I'm talking about Table 3.2. Click on the NIPA Tables tab, then go to Section 3, then Table 3.2

Edited by bcking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Progressive lawmakers call for climate change revolution

Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez emphasized need to ‘transform our energy system’ but did not discuss how to pursue it

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/dec/04/bernie-sanders-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-climate-change-town-hall-green-new-deal

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
3 hours ago, Boiler said:

Progressive lawmakers call for climate change revolution

Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez emphasized need to ‘transform our energy system’ but did not discuss how to pursue it

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/dec/04/bernie-sanders-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-climate-change-town-hall-green-new-deal

Where were they when the ocean was 300' lower than it is today?  Has anyone calculated the real estate that has been squandered by that rise to 127' lower than today, then the subsequent rise to today's levels?

staged a sit in at Nancy Pelosi's office who didn't have a plan, she didn't have a plan but it is going to be a generational change, akin to the great society, this reeks of Trump's bigly commentary .. can we cue the laughter .. who among us can scream that we are doing it wrong and not present our bosses with a hint of a plan to improve things .. yelling and screaming without solution is just noise 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

She's cute, definately ! 

On 11/29/2018 at 4:52 AM, Chris Duffy said:

I am still trying to figure out if she is cute or kinda ugly

I see so many different pics of her

The ones with the bucked teeth are kinda funny to see

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

47475906_1707970859306818_84337584657420

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

47573370_10156192482407746_3202175299177

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!