Kozano96

Passport photos only having signed cursive signature

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi! My fiancé just got done sending me his signed US sized passport-like photos all the way from Ireland, and unfortunately, we both made a mistake and he only signed them in cursive. He didn’t sign them in print, only cursive. His first and last name of course, but just cursive. If I were to send these to the USCIS, does anyone think this would warrant an RFE or denial? Or must it be in print? This most likely sounds like overthinking, but can never be too safe I’d assume. Thank you so much for your help! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Dont worry, mine didnt sign or print anything! I did it for him, in nice black legible letters. 

I dont think thats grounds for RFE. Ours was approved, with me, the petitioner, doing that part 🙂 Just print his name right under.

Edited by KKat55

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Anastasia just sent me an image file to have printed here for her passport photo. I just printed names on them. Approved on Nov 16.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I printed my fiancés name for him :)

Edited by <3T&M<3

NOA1 New Site: March 6th, 2018

NOA2: Sept 12th, 2018

Case # available as well as case leaving NVC both on Oct 1st, 2018

Embassy received on Oct 2nd, 2018

Medical Appointment Oct 12th, 2018

Interview at Ankara Embassy on Oct 22nd, 2018 - APPROVED!

POE San Fransisco on Dec 1st, 2018

Married Dec 10th, 2018

NOA for I-485/765/131 Feb 1st, 2019

Interview for I-485 June 19th, 2019 - APPROVED! (Interview was before we received Work Auth Card!)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

My interpretation of the I129-F instructions was that a wet signature from my fiancee on her photo was not needed. She took a selfie, sent me the image, I post-processed it to get the dimensions right, printed it, and put her name on the back. I129-F approved.

Since you have a photo directly from your fiance with his wet signature, I think if anything that makes your application stronger. Since it appears you haven't sent these photos yet, you should print his name on the photo.

Edited by Mike E

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The color passport-style photos must be 2 by 2 inches. The photos must be in color with full face, frontal view on a white to off-white background. Head height should measure 1 to 1 3/8 inches from top of hair to bottom of chin, and eye height is between 1 1/8 to 1 3/8 inches from bottom of photo. Your head must be bare unless you are wearing headwear as required by a religious denomination of which you are a member.

Using a pencil or felt pen, lightly print your name and A-Number (if any) on the back of the photo.

(I would print their name in addition to the signed)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
56 minutes ago, MMara said:

Do you think that signing on the back of the photo with black ink and not a pencil or felt pen will cause a problem or RFE?

What would the additional evidence request be for?  

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Just now, payxibka said:

What would the additional evidence request be for?  

No idea ... dofferent photos without ink on the back?

I personally have never thought that can be any issue because of ink signature, but after this topic I start getting nervous :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, MMara said:

No idea ... dofferent photos without ink on the back?

I personally have never thought that can be any issue because of ink signature, but after this topic I start getting nervous :)

No reason to get nervous about non issues.  People have been approved even without putting names on the back.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
14 minutes ago, MMara said:

Yes, that's what I meant. We wrote the names on the back, but with black ink.

A ball point pen runs the risk of damaging the photo because ball point pens work by rolling a tiny ball on a surface.  

A damaged photo would produce the RFE, not the use of ink.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.