4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi guys! 

For people who have submitted their documents to CEAC... Are we supposed to open up the police clearance form, scan and submit the contents? I feel stupid for asking, but my husband is from Sweden and they have a pretty strict "Do not open police report" policy there unless you are the business, government, employer, etc... of the person of interest. 

Thanks in advance! 

I also have the same question. My wife also obtained a police clearance document from Japan that is sealed in an envelope. I wonder what to do with that.

USC, For spouse, April 02, YSC

On 11/26/2018 at 6:07 PM, AchieAli said:

Hi guys! 

For people who have submitted their documents to CEAC... Are we supposed to open up the police clearance form, scan and submit the contents? I feel stupid for asking, but my husband is from Sweden and they have a pretty strict "Do not open police report" policy there unless you are the business, government, employer, etc... of the person of interest. 

Thanks in advance! 

Looks like this is a difficult question, nobody knows the answer of !

I am guessing, when the time comes, we should call NVC and ask. Please let me know if you find anything.

USC, For spouse, April 02, YSC

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I had the same question and found the answer below:

"Applicants should only send a photocopy of the sealed envelope to the National Visa Center, but not the actual police certificate itself."

Police Certificates 

AvailableFees: Free at Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department, but varies from prefecture to prefectureDocument Name: The Certificate of Criminal Record.Issuing Authority: The headquarters' records section of the Metropolitan or Prefectural police issues certificates which include a nationwide criminal records check.Special Seal(s) / Color / Format: Japanese Police Certificates are issued in a sealed envelope. If the seal is broken, the certificate is considered invalid. Visa applicants should not open a sealed envelope containing a Police Certificate. The applicant must bring the original Police Certificate in a sealed envelope to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate at the time of his/her interview. Applicants should only send a photocopy of the sealed envelope to the National Visa Center, but not the actual police certificate itself.Issuing Authority Personnel Title: There is no issuing authority personnel titleRegistration Criteria: There are no registration criteriaProcedure for Obtaining:Applicants Physically Present in Japan: Foreign nationals holding legal resident status and Japanese citizens must apply in person at the Metropolitan or Prefectural police headquarters having jurisdiction over their present place of residence in Japan. Processing time is approximately two-three weeks

Reference: "https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/search.html?search_input=JAPANESE+POLICE+CERTIFICATE&data-sia=false&data-con=false&search_btn="

Edited by J <3 L
an1cJQp0g410010Mjc2bHN8MjU2NDM5MWxhfE1hcnJpZWQgZm9yIA.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.