PA2DR

Dominican Republic waiting on NVC #

42 posts in this topic

Just so I am clear, After I  receive the nvc number I get on ceac and check where my petiton is. Once its ready, I fill out the ds-160 and my fiancé submits it. Then I make an account on ustraveldocs.. pay fees.. schedule vac, medical and interview. There is no packet 3, correct? 

event.png

Personally I did not use the CEAC website at all. Once we received our case number we completed and paid for the DS-160, and went on the Us travel site to schedule his medical and interview for a few weeks out to allow time for NVC to send our packet to Santo Domingo. Waiting on them will leave you waiting for some time. I am impatient and moved forward once I obtained the case number. I believe right now they are scheduling the end of Dec into Jan for interviews. 

If you schedule the appointments online, be sure to schedule the medical and interview at least 10 days apart. The first appointment you schedule will be for the medical and then the interview. 

Once you get the interview scheduled I would begin getting all the paperwork together your fiance will need to take for the interview- AOS form, pay stubs, letter from employer, tax transcripts from last year, copies of your interview confirmation as well as the confirmation page showing your DS-160 was completed and the confirmation page showing your payment for the visa was paid and processed. 

Best of luck to you both 

16 hours ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

Personally I did not use the CEAC website at all. Once we received our case number we completed and paid for the DS-160, and went on the Us travel site to schedule his medical and interview for a few weeks out to allow time for NVC to send our packet to Santo Domingo. Waiting on them will leave you waiting for some time. I am impatient and moved forward once I obtained the case number. I believe right now they are scheduling the end of Dec into Jan for interviews. 

If you schedule the appointments online, be sure to schedule the medical and interview at least 10 days apart. The first appointment you schedule will be for the medical and then the interview. 

Once you get the interview scheduled I would begin getting all the paperwork together your fiance will need to take for the interview- AOS form, pay stubs, letter from employer, tax transcripts from last year, copies of your interview confirmation as well as the confirmation page showing your DS-160 was completed and the confirmation page showing your payment for the visa was paid and processed. 

Best of luck to you both 

Do you know how long it takes from the time NVC sends the packet to Santo Domingo to when they receive it? And is it necessary for them to receive it before actually attending the medical examination and the fingerprinting? Lastly, who schedules the interview? NVC or yourself?

3 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Do you know how long it takes from the time NVC sends the packet to Santo Domingo to when they receive it? And is it necessary for them to receive it before actually attending the medical examination and the fingerprinting? Lastly, who schedules the interview? NVC or yourself?

so from my experience it took 2 weeks to obtain my case number, and then 3 weeks for them to send it to Santo Domingo. Once I got the case number I began the Visa Application form, and paid the fee. I printed confirmation of everything, even took a screen shot showing that I paid my visa fee on my phone and printed that out as well. 

I scheduled his appointment the next day after completing the visa application and paying the fee, but I scheduled out at least 2 weeks to allow time for them to receive our packet. NVC sends the packets in groups to the countries of origin through DHL and it took about 3-5 business days to get there. I went to this website another visa journey member provided me and these are the instructions she told me to follow: 

www.dhl.com clicked Express then Tracking, then Track by Shipper's Reference, on this page you add your search info..You change the day and month to what you think your's might have left NVC

EXAMPLE:

* Shipper´s Reference : EXP 24 MAR 2011A

* Date range for shipment - From: 23 - 03 - 2011

* Date range for shipment - To: 26 - 03 - 2011

Account Number - Leave this blank

Shipment Destination: Dominican Republic / You Choose your Country

I put in the date I received my case number for the shippers reference. The fingerprinting I believe they do that at the interview portion. My fiance just had his physical, X-Rays and his vaccination done and then we scheduled his interview for the 1st available - (make sure to give at least 10 days for the results to be available) HE picked up his results in a sealed envelope that he takes to his interview on Monday. 

Once you schedule his medical I would begin gathering all the documents he will need to take with him to his interview. I scanned everything in and sent it to my email, and my fiance went and printed everything out since I cant be there and cannot send the paperwork in the mail. IF you need any help or questions do not hesitate to reach out. I would be more than happy to try to help or answer any questions you have :) 

Unless process has changed in the last month, the fingerprinting is done at the VAC in the Galleria 360 about a week before the interview. When fee is paid, 3 appts are scheduled: VAC for fingerprinting, medical, and interview.

14 hours ago, SJ_Ulloa said:

so from my experience it took 2 weeks to obtain my case number, and then 3 weeks for them to send it to Santo Domingo. Once I got the case number I began the Visa Application form, and paid the fee. I printed confirmation of everything, even took a screen shot showing that I paid my visa fee on my phone and printed that out as well. 

I scheduled his appointment the next day after completing the visa application and paying the fee, but I scheduled out at least 2 weeks to allow time for them to receive our packet. NVC sends the packets in groups to the countries of origin through DHL and it took about 3-5 business days to get there. I went to this website another visa journey member provided me and these are the instructions she told me to follow: 

www.dhl.com clicked Express then Tracking, then Track by Shipper's Reference, on this page you add your search info..You change the day and month to what you think your's might have left NVC

EXAMPLE:

* Shipper´s Reference : EXP 24 MAR 2011A

* Date range for shipment - From: 23 - 03 - 2011

* Date range for shipment - To: 26 - 03 - 2011

Account Number - Leave this blank

Shipment Destination: Dominican Republic / You Choose your Country

I put in the date I received my case number for the shippers reference. The fingerprinting I believe they do that at the interview portion. My fiance just had his physical, X-Rays and his vaccination done and then we scheduled his interview for the 1st available - (make sure to give at least 10 days for the results to be available) HE picked up his results in a sealed envelope that he takes to his interview on Monday. 

Once you schedule his medical I would begin gathering all the documents he will need to take with him to his interview. I scanned everything in and sent it to my email, and my fiance went and printed everything out since I cant be there and cannot send the paperwork in the mail. IF you need any help or questions do not hesitate to reach out. I would be more than happy to try to help or answer any questions you have :) 

Two weeks is not bad at all to get a case no. at NVC. I hope I have that luck.

I was trying to read up on scheduling the interview, but I think based on my reading that those filing for the IR-1/CR-1 Visa have their interviews scheduled for them. God willing, I will be able to accompany my husband to the interview. I believe the interview will be sometime around July of next year.

Thank you so much! I do have another question now that you've offered to answer all my questions LOL :D

When your fiance went to the medical exam, what specifically did he bring with him? I was reading somewhere that vaccination records are to be brought to the exam? Is this true? My husband doesn't have those records anymore. 😕 I wanted to make sure I asked another Dominican filer. 😕

8 hours ago, CamilaRemolina said:

Two weeks is not bad at all to get a case no. at NVC. I hope I have that luck.

I was trying to read up on scheduling the interview, but I think based on my reading that those filing for the IR-1/CR-1 Visa have their interviews scheduled for them. God willing, I will be able to accompany my husband to the interview. I believe the interview will be sometime around July of next year.

Thank you so much! I do have another question now that you've offered to answer all my questions LOL :D

When your fiance went to the medical exam, what specifically did he bring with him? I was reading somewhere that vaccination records are to be brought to the exam? Is this true? My husband doesn't have those records anymore. 😕 I wanted to make sure I asked another Dominican filer. 😕

SO when my fiance went he took everything lol... I believe all you really need though is the appointment confirmation, his passport, and money to pay for fees which is all . AS far as records he never has gotten vaccinated that we know of and had no record. If you husband does not have any records of the vaccines he has already gotten, then he more than likely will receive the vaccines over again as precautionary purposes. I know there are a little few differences between the Fiance and Spouse visa's but I would think this portion is pretty straight forward and similar. :)  

Ok  yall, I got my case number yesterday. MY fiancé is going to fill out the ds-160 tomorrow and then I will schedule everything else, im hoping to schedule an interview for the middle of January. I know people say wait until your case is ready at SDO to do anything and others do it without it being " Ready" an everything works out fine.  Is it ok to fill out and pay everything now. I know nvc is suppose to send petitions out dec - 11 and 12th . And I know to do medical ten days before interview. Is it ok to MOVE AHEAD IS MY QUESTION. tia 

event.png

On 11/29/2018 at 8:30 AM, SJ_Ulloa said:

SO when my fiance went he took everything lol... I believe all you really need though is the appointment confirmation, his passport, and money to pay for fees which is all . AS far as records he never has gotten vaccinated that we know of and had no record. If you husband does not have any records of the vaccines he has already gotten, then he more than likely will receive the vaccines over again as precautionary purposes. I know there are a little few differences between the Fiance and Spouse visa's but I would think this portion is pretty straight forward and similar. :)  

Did you both attend the interview? I am trying to figure out if I need to be there with him

17 minutes ago, emm21717 said:

Did you both attend the interview? I am trying to figure out if I need to be there with him

I did not attend, as I could not take time off of work. He went yesterday and they asked questions about our relationship, my daughter, and some questions about how/where we met etc. They seemed ok that I was not present and approved our visa. 

I know some people say its best to go, and that may be true, but financially we thought it best not to spend all the extra money in airfare and car rental only to turn around possibly in 2 weeks to purchase his flight here to the states. You have to decide what is best for the two of you, but I have not seen anyone denied due to their significant other not being present. As long as he is prepared and knows everything he should be fine. Also make sure he knows your phone number by heart as that was one of the questions they asked. I do not even know his number :) 

Best of luck to you in your process! 

So question.. hoping my case is shipped next week. got my case number today... do we receive another notification about the consulate receiving it? and how difficult/time is needed to schedule the medical and all those appointments?

On 11/27/2018 at 12:28 PM, SJ_Ulloa said:

Best of luck to you both 

I’m hearing conflicting stories.. is it ok that i scheduled my VAC appointment a day before my interview?? I know the medical has to be two weeks in advance and those are walk in.. just need to make sure that I’m ok with the VAC appointment and the interview the following day.

event.png

7 minutes ago, PA2DR said:

I’m hearing conflicting stories.. is it ok that i scheduled my VAC appointment a day before my interview?? I know the medical has to be two weeks in advance and those are walk in.. just need to make sure that I’m ok with the VAC appointment and the interview the following day.

I guess it depends. When I scheduled for his interview it had me schedule his medical also. I did everything on this website: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/

He was able to go and get his vaccinations and his medical done on the same day. AS far as getting vaccines the day before I am not sure, I cant imagine it would be an issue. My fiance had everything done on the same day, and went back 6 days later and picked up his results and a sealed envelope that he had to take to his interview. Not sure if this helps or not. 

On 11/28/2018 at 8:48 PM, Catherine6 said:

Unless process has changed in the last month, the fingerprinting is done at the VAC in the Galleria 360 about a week before the interview. When fee is paid, 3 appts are scheduled: VAC for fingerprinting, medical, and interview.

Thats what im not understanding..VAC isnt medical its for finger printing.. I never got the option to schedule my medical when I went to schedule my VAC appt and Interview, So i made my VAC appt for the 28th and interview for the 29th. Im assuming since I was able to schedule it this way that is isnt a problem. Any insight? 

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.