Pelmeni

6 and 1/2 weeks at the NVC?

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I personally received an *e-mail* from NVC with a letter attached, informing my case # and etc, and that it was being forwarded to the embassy in my country - on the day that it changed from “at NVC” to “in transit”. That was 35 days post noa2.

Edited by gkzrl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, gkzrl said:

K1 visas go under immigrant category on ceac website. If it says “at NVC”, it’s because it’s at NVC and they haven’t sent it to the embassy yet. Once they do, it’ll change to “in transit” and then “ready”.

You can’t check your case on the website using your DS number btw.

Thanks. It was my understanding that the K-1 visa was a NON-immigrant Visa so I don't know why it's under immigrant but just happy it's somewhere!  Thank you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Pelmeni said:

Thanks. It was my understanding that the K-1 visa was a NON-immigrant Visa so I don't know why it's under immigrant but just happy it's somewhere!  Thank you.

I know! It’s confusing, but it’s correct!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
9 hours ago, Pelmeni said:

It is a non-immigrant visa but its processed as an immigrant visa.  At the last minute when they go to issue it and its been approved a new case will be created on CEAC website as a non-immigrant visa.  Once that happens after your interview you will know the visa is being issued.

Timeline

Got it!  NOA2 October 12.  47 days from NOA2 to leaving the NVC> I called them again November 27 and on the 28th the status under immigrant on the CEAC had changed to 'in transit' but it also had information as if it were an immigrant VISA pertaining to sending things to an interview at the NVC which I ignored because it was obviously a standard reply, etc.  Then I got an email with a letter attached addressed to him that they were sending it to the consulate in Moscow and a site for him to find out what happens next, etc.

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Our application took about 6 weeks at NVC as well. Apparently like the other person said, I would advise to go ahead and complete the D160 application and pay the visa fee. That way, as soon as you get the notification from the Embassy you can schedule your medical and interview immediately. I wish I had know this. It's difficult to find the needle in the haystack of information so we missed this step and now the first available appointment was 2 days after our petition expired. Now we have to request an expedited interview or request that our petition is extended. Good luck!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Tawanda said:

Our application took about 6 weeks at NVC as well. Apparently like the other person said, I would advise to go ahead and complete the D160 application and pay the visa fee. That way, as soon as you get the notification from the Embassy you can schedule your medical and interview immediately. I wish I had know this. It's difficult to find the needle in the haystack of information so we missed this step and now the first available appointment was 2 days after our petition expired. Now we have to request an expedited interview or request that our petition is extended. Good luck!

Oh no! So sorry about that! That's what we've been concerned about. We have also been worried about our petition expiring. He did actually complete the DS-160 and pay the visa fee on November 12 after I was able to get the MOS number, etc. because we thought we were actually supposed to do that and he tried to schedule the interview.. Then after he could not schedule the interview we were worried that we'd done the DS-160/visa fee too early and were supposed to wait. However, it seems this worked to our benefit.  We should have enough time with our petition expiring in February but it depends on 1. How long it takes to get to Moscow from the NVC. 2. The holidays and when the consulate will be closed because Americans get time off for Christmas in December and then Russians have their Christmas holiday in January. The consulate could be closed for both.Yes, there is so much information that can easily be overlooked. I'm constantly wondering if I should be doing something. and if there something we've missed. Good luck to you, too!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
58 minutes ago, Pelmeni said:

Got it!  NOA2 October 12.  47 days from NOA2 to leaving the NVC> I called them again November 27 and on the 28th the status under immigrant on the CEAC had changed to 'in transit' but it also had information as if it were an immigrant VISA pertaining to sending things to an interview at the NVC which I ignored because it was obviously a standard reply, etc.  Then I got an email with a letter attached addressed to him that they were sending it to the consulate in Moscow and a site for him to find out what happens next, etc.

Good luck. Anastasia's been telling me how many spots open in Moscow according to the WhatsApp group for the last few days (none yesterday, 8-ish a few times earlier this week) ... 🙂

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
2 hours ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Good luck. Anastasia's been telling me how many spots open in Moscow according to the WhatsApp group for the last few days (none yesterday, 8-ish a few times earlier this week) ... 🙂

Gosh, thanks. I wonder if they will let him make an appointment before it arrives from the NVC. All he can do is call, I guess. He has to travel from Yakutsk! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Pelmeni said:

Oh no! So sorry about that! That's what we've been concerned about. We have also been worried about our petition expiring. He did actually complete the DS-160 and pay the visa fee on November 12 after I was able to get the MOS number, etc. because we thought we were actually supposed to do that and he tried to schedule the interview.. Then after he could not schedule the interview we were worried that we'd done the DS-160/visa fee too early and were supposed to wait. However, it seems this worked to our benefit.  We should have enough time with our petition expiring in February but it depends on 1. How long it takes to get to Moscow from the NVC. 2. The holidays and when the consulate will be closed because Americans get time off for Christmas in December and then Russians have their Christmas holiday in January. The consulate could be closed for both.Yes, there is so much information that can easily be overlooked. I'm constantly wondering if I should be doing something. and if there something we've missed. Good luck to you, too!

Once your case reaches NVC or the embassy it will not expire if there is a hold up on their end.   They will automatically extend for another 4 months and nothing needs to be done on your part for that to happen.  

Timeline
3 hours ago, Pelmeni said:

Gosh, thanks. I wonder if they will let him make an appointment before it arrives from the NVC. All he can do is call, I guess. He has to travel from Yakutsk! 

i am not sure about Russia but I know for Ukraine as soon as you paid the visa fee you were free to schedule an appointment.  However, if your case is not ready at the embassy they will cancel your appointment the day before the interview.  You are allowed to make 1 appointment and then change it 2 times before you will have to pay another visa fee.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, GP1977 said:

Once your case reaches NVC or the embassy it will not expire if there is a hold up on their end.   They will automatically extend for another 4 months and nothing needs to be done on your part for that to happen.  

Wow! Thanks!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Pelmeni said:

Wow! Thanks!

No problem.  If you want to be 100% certain --- if your case is still at NVC just call them and let them know that your petition is set to expire and they will automatically extend.  IF its at the embassy you can call or email the immigrant visa section.  The Kyiv embassy doesn't take any phone calls to the visa section, I dont know what Moscow does.

Timeline
1 minute ago, GP1977 said:

No problem.  If you want to be 100% certain --- if your case is still at NVC just call them and let them know that your petition is set to expire and they will automatically extend.  IF its at the embassy you can call or email the immigrant visa section.  The Kyiv embassy doesn't take any phone calls to the visa section, I dont know what Moscow does.

Just one minute ago I checked the status and it said it's ready for the interview. Two days ago it was in the NVC supposedly and now it's in Moscow.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.