25 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, dwheels76 said:

So a child was mentioned but no mention you were previously married?

You ask what is next. Your application is being sent back with Notice to deny or notice to revoke (NOIR/NOID). USCIS will either agree and revoke or deny your petition. Or you will get a NOIR letter where all the reasons for denial are listed and you will have to address each denial point with evidence.

Right now all you can do is wait. and its a 15 months to 2 year wait. Not 6 months at all. Are you in Nigeria or Ghana?

Thank you for your message okay. We have being talking to the USCIS about this case and they confirm to us that the waiting period is just 3 months for the review and it will be reaffirm back to the consular, please do not reply message the way you sound . you are making me feel more bad about it . thank you . my question is this , after the reaffirm and the case is send back here , would they be any delay again?  Am in Nigeria

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
59 minutes ago, Bleek Emmanuel Ja said:

Thank you for your message okay. We have being talking to the USCIS about this case and they confirm to us that the waiting period is just 3 months for the review and it will be reaffirm back to the consular, please do not reply message the way you sound . you are making me feel more bad about it . thank you . my question is this , after the reaffirm and the case is send back here , would they be any delay again?  Am in Nigeria

The poster wasn't harsh just reality.   My petition took about 4 months to be reaffirmed my case is from Pakistan.  They are speaking form experience for cases in your region so when they say expect the long wait its because they have seen others wait that time frame.   It rarely reaffirms without needing information from you but it could.  In that case it would be because USCIS doesn't agree with the embassy so they reaffirm without a NOIR.   Unfortunately due to the previous marriage not mentioned I don't see that happening.   After USCIS completes review they will send your a response.   You'll need to respond with the evidence of the ex wife and her passing (possibly even a reason to why it was not originally disclosed) or anything else they request in the letter.     They will then review the evidence and come up with a decision.   Lots of people have been through this same process.  Its not quick or easy.  

1 hour ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

The poster wasn't harsh just reality.   My petition took about 4 months to be reaffirmed my case is from Pakistan.  They are speaking form experience for cases in your region so when they say expect the long wait its because they have seen others wait that time frame.   It rarely reaffirms without needing information from you but it could.  In that case it would be because USCIS doesn't agree with the embassy so they reaffirm without a NOIR.   Unfortunately due to the previous marriage not mentioned I don't see that happening.   After USCIS completes review they will send your a response.   You'll need to respond with the evidence of the ex wife and her passing (possibly even a reason to why it was not originally disclosed) or anything else they request in the letter.     They will then review the evidence and come up with a decision.   Lots of people have been through this same process.  Its not quick or easy.  

Thanks a lot . I really appreciate your advise . but after the reaffirm, would the next interview go smoothly and successful because I am really missing my wife and its really frustrating . my present wife knows about my late wife but we only did not bring it to the USCIS awareness during the time of filing . that's the mistake and I think all will be fine because I have all the document now.

Thanks 

Just now, Bleek Emmanuel Ja said:

Thanks a lot . I really appreciate your advise . but after the reaffirm, would the next interview go smoothly and successful because I am really missing my wife and its really frustrating . my present wife knows about my late wife but we only did not bring it to the USCIS awareness during the time of filing . that's the mistake and I think all will be fine because I have all the document now.

Thanks 

I also met with some one already from my region which his case took just 3 months and 2 weeks at the USCIS to be review okay , so this is why I was shocked and felt bad to hear the long wait .

2 hours ago, Bleek Emmanuel Ja said:

It is against the TOS of Visa Journey to tell someone not to reply to your message.  People here are very experienced, and want to help you, and part of that is knowing what you can realistically expect based on recent experiences with your consulate.  Lagos is not an easy consulate, and the omission of your first wife's death certificate could be quite a problem.

11 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

It is against the TOS of Visa Journey to tell someone not to reply to your message.  People here are very experienced, and want to help you, and part of that is knowing what you can realistically expect based on recent experiences with your consulate.  Lagos is not an easy consulate, and the omission of your first wife's death certificate could be quite a problem.

Yes I know that's the problem and God will handle that okay.  I did not stop any body here for replying me please do not  get me wrong sir, its just that some message really get me more scared and heart break OK. 

Thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I also met with some one already from my region which his case took just 3 months and 2 weeks at the USCIS to be review okay , so this is why I was shocked and felt bad to hear the long wait .

It could take 3 months but some wait much longer.   Its best to be prepared either way.   Mine was one of the fastest turn arounds I've seen on VJ. 

Thanks 

Interview may go much smoother as you would have overcome the reason for denial but right now I would focus on how to overcome it.   USCIS may make it more difficult since it wasn't originally disclosed but you won't know until you have the letter.   I would consult with an attorney and start gathering the documents you may need plan more trips together to relive some of the stress of the time apart.   

4 hours ago, Ahmed&Freda said:

It could take 3 months but some wait much longer.   Its best to be prepared either way.   Mine was one of the fastest turn arounds I've seen on VJ. 

Interview may go much smoother as you would have overcome the reason for denial but right now I would focus on how to overcome it.   USCIS may make it more difficult since it wasn't originally disclosed but you won't know until you have the letter.   I would consult with an attorney and start gathering the documents you may need plan more trips together to relive some of the stress of the time apart.   

Okay, we are gathering all documents already and we had talked with an attorney . I had gathered all the death certificate documents either from the police and the hospital together with the government . and I will be forwarding to my wife as soon as they send her the letter to show what they need, but for now we don't know what they might need and it might just be a very simple thing.

Thank you 

15 minutes ago, Bleek Emmanuel Ja said:

Okay, we are gathering all documents already and we had talked with an attorney . I had gathered all the death certificate documents either from the police and the hospital together with the government . and I will be forwarding to my wife as soon as they send her the letter to show what they need, but for now we don't know what they might need and it might just be a very simple thing.

Thank you 

Just now, Bleek Emmanuel Ja said:
16 minutes ago, Bleek Emmanuel Ja said:

Thank you 

My wife just finish talking with the nvc now , she ask them when would they send the case to the USCIS , they said soon. And they also said only the USCIS can fix it for us. So I think its not something difficult okay. God will handle it.

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.