Dream92

About spouse visa

26 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Yes, it is around 2 years, you can track the progress of wait time here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin.html

choose the latest, currently https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2019/visa-bulletin-for-december-2018.html and then on the first table check the current “priority date” for F2A. At present this is 8 Oct 2016, meaning petitions filed then are currently being processed for visas. So you can see it is a little over 2 years at present, however sometimes it speeds up or slows down a little.

It’s hard to see what visa you can get in the meanwhile as most internship type visas like J visas require you to show non-immigrant intent (which you can’t do for obvious reasons) and some even require you to spend 2 years back in the home country before returning to the US once completed. From the fact that you are asking after internships, I’m assuming you won’t qualify for the more skilled/experienced, dual intent visa like H or L. So like many do, you unfortunately have little option but to wait it out in your home country. 

Thank you so much for the information. So I really want to find some internship, because I think it would have a great impact for my future. But I have one year after graduation to find something, after that I can't apply for the J visa. I was thinking that it's easier to find the internship then a job because of the sponsorship ( if I'm applying for the J visa I'm paying everything and for H2B visa sponsor needs to pay).  

We found out that we have this option also. So I'm asking to see the options just in case if we needed. :) 

2 hours ago, Peteddy said:

If you guys are married, your spouse don't need to wait til he's a citizen before petitioning for you. Your spouse can start the process but if the spouse want to wait until he or she becos me a citizen, that will take minimum 5yrs before petitioning cos he/she can file for citizenship 90days before the 5th year. I don't know if this help

Yes, thank you. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Dream92 said:

Thank you so much for the information. So I really want to find some internship, because I think it would have a great impact for my future. But I have one year after graduation to find something, after that I can't apply for the J visa. I was thinking that it's easier to find the internship then a job because of the sponsorship ( if I'm applying for the J visa I'm paying everything and for H2B visa sponsor needs to pay).  

We found out that we have this option also. So I'm asking to see the options just in case if we needed. :) 

Certainly a possibility, around where I am mainly the resorts who seem to do that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dream92 said:

I know, but that's for the students who have finished tourism and hospitality. :)

Nope, main requirements are cheap and willing, friends who have a Hotel got lucky one year with 2 IT students, completely upgrade their systems.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hi! I was a GC holder. However, I’ve been a GC holder for 25 years. I didn’t feel the need to file for citizenship until I met my BF, now hubby. I filed n400 in 2017 for my citizenship. In 2017 immediately after I got my citizenship we got married and filed i130. So the ESTIMATED timeline goes as follows:

2016/05/01: started relationship 

2017/01/05: Filed N400

2017/06/15: Oath ceremony 

2017/09/05: Married 

2017/09/16: I130 

2018/11/16: Hubby interview at the embassy 

Anyway, helpful or not, I thought I share my experience. Good luck! :) 

4 hours ago, Michael2017 said:

F2A process is slowing down. I expect 3 years of wait for people filing these days. He should file the I-130 right away, apply for citizenship, and upgrade to CR1/IR1 visa later.

Even if your big leap is right, that won’t help with speed as he still has 4 years before he can even apply for citizenship and it will take months after that to get it.

9 hours ago, CJlove said:

Hi! I was a GC holder. However, I’ve been a GC holder for 25 years. I didn’t feel the need to file for citizenship until I met my BF, now hubby. I filed n400 in 2017 for my citizenship. In 2017 immediately after I got my citizenship we got married and filed i130. So the ESTIMATED timeline goes as follows:

2016/05/01: started relationship 

2017/01/05: Filed N400

2017/06/15: Oath ceremony 

2017/09/05: Married 

2017/09/16: I130 

2018/11/16: Hubby interview at the embassy 

Anyway, helpful or not, I thought I share my experience. Good luck! :) 

Thank you for sharing your experience! 🙂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.